UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Ranting!

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Game Ranting!

Getting bored with Namco X Capcom... *Sigh* Oh boy, Namco X Capcom. I was expecting more out of you. I've never been so disappointed about a game more than this one. First off, Namco and Capcom? Cool. Both companies teaming up? Cool!

But you know what the problem is? The dialogue, the repetitive music, the stages, the frequent load times, slow transitions, the slow combat, the fact that characters are glued together, the game's speed and the overal length. Was expecting a Fire Emblem-ish experience when i heard it was a tactical role-playing game, got a cheap knockoff instead. Just play any Fire Emblem game, it's way more fun. The ending doesn't pay off well (i didn't complete the game yet, but i already spoiled myself due to getting too bored with it) and overall a mess. No wonder it didn't sell well in japan.
    Last edited by MidnaGamer; 11th March 2017 at 13:04.
    Klonoa: "Huepow... Together always... That's what you said!!"

Uploads
    Comments

Oh shit, also the J-Stars game for PS4, got that a few months back and the 'story' modes are such a slog to get through

Uploads
    Comments

I've had plenty of my favorite disc broken before I knew any better; The only departures I can never accept are those games you recall fondly in your sleep, then with genuine shock, find "unreadable" the morning after...

Yeah, I threw a fit because without the first disc, I couldn't progress and it was a $54 loss. Funny enough, before my mom took Onimusha 4 off the self I wholeheartedly swore to protect it "-with my life!" *Pfft* my 8yr old self said that in front of the cashier too!

Don't mind me...just bobbin' around your train of thought...

Uploads
    Comments

Yeah.

Uploads
    Comments

Trying to avoid spoilers for Breath of the Wild on Twitter :'(
    For real though, my Pokemon Sapphire cartridge getting corrupted back when I was in Primary School. Gutted.
    Also this old game we had on Gamecube (The Cursed Mummy?) where if you used a certain save point you'd be stopped from progressing in the story lol. How does that even get through playtesting without anyone noticing?

Uploads
    Comments

updating my rant about Batman Arkham Knight:after playing the dlc, i have to say that the season of infamy and a matter of family DLC missions are actually better than the main game's side and main missions, probably because they dont overuse the car like the main game. why the entire game couldn't be like those dlcs? these actually feel like something from a Batman game unlike the pointless tank battles...
    Last edited by Mortos; 17th March 2017 at 02:23.
    The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

Uploads
    Comments

The debug builds of YanSim...and playing a partially translated Monster Girl Quest: Paradox

Uploads
    Comments

Oh Elder Scrolls series, how I wish you were the games you deserve to be straight out of the box. To be fair, I've only played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, nothing before and not Elder Scrolls Online, but this is what I noticed:

Morrowind: Graphics make an outlandish world look even creepier, and not in a good way. YOU CANNOT MOVE PROPERLY for roughly the first three hours of the game, and even after that you're caught in a graceless waddle. WHY IS MY SWORD PASSING STRAIGHT THROUGH THIS MONSTER?! Also, cliff racers. SO. MANY. GODDAMN. CLIFF. RACERS. Remind me again why this game is so fondly remembered?

Oblivion: My memories of this game are somewhat fonder, but still: I've lost count of the number of times my game froze up completely on me. WILL EVERYTHING I'M NOT TRYING TO KILL PLEASE GET OUT OF THE WAY OF MY DAMN SWORD SWING? Five steps: Oblivion gate. Ten steps: Oblivion gate. "BY AZURA BY AZURA BY AZURA!" ...thanks, Adoring Fan, I need to feel guiltier about how I was forced to betray one of the only two decent people in the entire Arena. That weird zoom-WAY-the-hell-in thing when you talk to someone. NO, LUCIEN LACHANCE, I DO NOT WANT TO JOIN THE DARK BROTHERHOOD. GO AWAY. I am level 35 and still fighting GODDAMN RATS. RAAAAAAAAAAAAATS. Longest intro level ever.

Skyrim (console versions): I TAKE IT BACK. THIS is the longest intro level ever. Color palette way more drab and boring than Oblivion. Yay my character can have beards now!...and all the Elven races seem to have mutated into Romulans over the last two centuries, WTF?! Wolves. Everywhere wolves. GAAAH FALMER SPIDERS CHAURUS I HATE YOU GO AWAY NO ONE LIKES YOU. DAMMIT Dragon/Vampire attack, WHY DID YOU KILL THAT CHARACTER HE/SHE WAS ACTUALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!! I hate the snow. Jumping up mountains because STUPID WOLVES KILLED MY HORSE. AGAIN. "AND THEEEEEEEEEERE IT IS, FRIENDS! The ugly. Truth. We ARE the CHILDREN of MAN!! TALOS is the true GOD! of man!" >.< Ulfric Stormcloak and the Thalmor can both DIAF kthx.

ALL Elder Scrolls Games: YOU ARE OVER-ENCUMBERED.
    Last edited by Ingonyama; 10th April 2017 at 18:07.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MidnaGamer View Post
    Getting bored with Namco X Capcom... *Sigh* Oh boy, Namco X Capcom. I was expecting more out of you. I've never been so disappointed about a game more than this one. First off, Namco and Capcom? Cool. Both companies teaming up? Cool!

But you know what the problem is? The dialogue, the repetitive music, the stages, the frequent load times, slow transitions, the slow combat, the fact that characters are glued together, the game's speed and the overal length. Was expecting a Fire Emblem-ish experience when i heard it was a tactical role-playing game, got a cheap knockoff instead. Just play any Fire Emblem game, it's way more fun. The ending doesn't pay off well (i didn't complete the game yet, but i already spoiled myself due to getting too bored with it) and overall a mess. No wonder it didn't sell well in japan.
    You forgot the " glossy textures " thing and the "pay to unloack characters" thing.
    check my MUGEN creations at [emanuelepepi.tk]

Uploads
    Comments

At the time of the PS2, my Memory Card had an immense progress made from several games, but my younger brother excluded everything I had, sometimes times our brothers becomes a real plague.
    My wish was to want to hang my brother upside down, but I had all the patience of the world to recover from scratch, all progress. My brother can be a prankish sometimes, but I love him anyway.
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif
    Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.

Uploads
    Comments

I Hate when Friggin' games sometimes freezes while you're saving...
    making your files corrupt and forcing you to re-play the whole game...Again!

Uploads
    Comments

I hate Sony for making consoles that won't work for more than 4 years, forcing you either to mod it, repair it or switching to newer consoles.
    My PS3 has cancer, expecting the YLOD anytime. F***.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MidnaGamer

Speaking of disappointing games, I thought Pokemon Moon was going to be better than Alpha Sapphire but it suffered from countless unskippable cutscenes, the return of the dreaded Gen V EXP system, and the worst type of Pokemon battles ever: Battle Royals. It was still a great game but those annoyances bogged down my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by wotur
    For real though, my Pokemon Sapphire cartridge getting corrupted back when I was in Primary School. Gutted.
    I feel your pain because the same thing happened to my copy of Pokemon Y last year. :( The only choice I had was to delete my save file and trade it in at GameStop for Kirby Planet Robobot (which I always wanted ever since it was first announced). At least I have my copy of Kirby Planet Robobot because of this tragic incident. :)

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by mulambo View Post
    I hate Sony for making consoles that won't work for more than 4 years, forcing you either to mod it, repair it or switching to newer consoles.
    My PS3 has cancer, expecting the YLOD anytime. F***.
    It never happend to me, and i have it since 2006
    I have a PAL region PS3

Uploads
    Comments

Well, I have it (I HAD it) since 2009... 8 years, with CFW installed for 1 year after the BD drive f***ed up by itself. You're probably one lucky case, or you just play it max 1hr a day or just less than I've played it (and I played it a lot).
    It's actually a common problem, many people faced it and many claim that Sony uses bad thermal paste for the hardware (purposely, maybe, in order to make you buy more and more [email protected]).
    I guess I'll go back to older consoles, or possibly get it to repair when I'll have the money ( and this means NEVER :( ).

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by mulambo View Post
    Well, I have it (I HAD it) since 2009... 8 years, with CFW installed for 1 year after the BD drive f***ed up by itself. You're probably one lucky case, or you just play it max 1hr a day or just less than I've played it (and I played it a lot).
    It's actually a common problem, many people faced it and many claim that Sony uses bad thermal paste for the hardware (purposely, maybe, in order to make you buy more and more [email protected]).
    I guess I'll go back to older consoles, or possibly get it to repair when I'll have the money ( and this means NEVER :( ).
    Older consoles never dies!
    at least mine didn't...
    my ps1 lives since 1994

Uploads
    Comments

I fully agree. And it looks like we have something in common with Enzo, my ps1 still works since 1997.

Uploads
    Comments

My PS1 died in 2005.
    My little brother game with his juice accidentally sprayed over it while we were into the game so badly..
    I feel wanting it back..!

Ma kumwail anahne sawas, Peki rehi..

Uploads
    Comments

There was a time that my computer's board burned, but as it was guaranteed I could change it in the store, but the day I was to change, I accidentally spilled milk on the plate. I was totally devastated.

Uploads
    Comments

This reminds me that my PS2 died and there was some games that i could never finished in that time, oh well at least i still got my PS1.
    The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.