UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67
  1. #1

    Default This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Why is this a stereotype within most sites like this? Why should people have to put up with childish admin? There are too many pages where admin are making fun of people that are mad at the flaws of this site, refuse to help people, ignore pms and more. Honestly someone up top needs to really review these admin and remind them to be more responsible. It does not kill to be the better person and avoid insulting someone cause they posted something you dont like.

    This site has great content and i enjoy uploading here, but the disrespect from the admin when they dont like something is revolting. Its sad that you cant even ask for help (honestly I think the "Mugen help" section is irrelevant) you just get recycled answers like "go to youtube" or "just google it", thats not help at all you didnt assist with anything. Mugen tuts are extremely vague and offer help to only the people who know how to somewhat do it already and also they are all years old. It would not kill to take the time actually help somebody. If i knew what i was doing id help everyone i could in the most detailed manner possible.

    Being as typical as these types of feedback posts are this will more then likely get taken down, ignored or ill end up getting hate from admin, like no one is supposed to have a opinion or something. I wouldnt be surprised.

    Seriously though if this was corrected this site would be even better to visit.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Posts
    832
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    239

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Could you be more specific and point out where an admin bullied you around here?

    Sometimes members are being ignored not out of spite but simply because admins have no time to handle all the requests. This is a big site you know and admins are already overloaded with the download area fixes. Without these fixes the download area would turn into a mess in no time, because many users are too lazy to read the rules and post properly.

    Please let me know how we could improve our help sections.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Posts
    198
    Uploads
    15
    Comments
    53

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish777 View Post
    Why is this a stereotype within most sites like this? Why should people have to put up with childish admin? There are too many pages where admin are making fun of people that are mad at the flaws of this site, refuse to help people, ignore pms and more. Honestly someone up top needs to really review these admin and remind them to be more responsible. It does not kill to be the better person and avoid insulting someone cause they posted something you dont like.

    This site has great content and i enjoy uploading here, but the disrespect from the admin when they dont like something is revolting. Its sad that you cant even ask for help (honestly I think the "Mugen help" section is irrelevant) you just get recycled answers like "go to youtube" or "just google it", thats not help at all you didnt assist with anything. Mugen tuts are extremely vague and offer help to only the people who know how to somewhat do it already and also they are all years old. It would not kill to take the time actually help somebody. If i knew what i was doing id help everyone i could in the most detailed manner possible.

    Being as typical as these types of feedback posts are this will more then likely get taken down, ignored or ill end up getting hate from admin, like no one is supposed to have a opinion or something. I wouldnt be surprised.

    Seriously though if this was corrected this site would be even better to visit.
    The people answering go to youtube or google it are the newbies because old users are aware of the flaws on forums just think that the last release by one of the best screenpack makers was around 2 years ago,there are barelly new stuff made for mugen 1.1 ,coding something from winmugen for 1.1 it doesnt mean is specifically made for 1.1 is just a code replacement that nobody do because there is no need for it.
    Mugen is clinically dead now we have to wait for hackers to release some cool new functions (i doubt this will happen because the mugen hackers arent around or died) the so called hackers right now just modify the cfg file and say "HACKED LIMITS",i hope some people make reverse enginery and decompile the exe to make a real 64 bit exe (instead of the fake one that only use 4 gb of ram) because you can reach the memory limit of mugen with 10 chars plus stages

  4. #4

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Could you be more specific and point out where an admin bullied you around here?

    Sometimes members are being ignored not out of spite but simply because admins have no time to handle all the requests. This is a big site you know and admins are already overloaded with the download area fixes. Without these fixes the download area would turn into a mess in no time, because many users are too lazy to read the rules and post properly.

    Please let me know how we could improve our help sections.
    Where should I begin?

    Sol Badguy:
    Why is this guy able to be rude to other people and get away with it? Why is he not banned for his childish attitude? Seriously if the post has even a little thing deemed stupid to him he'll bash the other user.

    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/showt...-website-sucks and look for him.
    He even encourages childish acts as well instead of reporting something like this. http://mugenarchive.com/forums/showt...-TO-BE-STICKED
    Someone like that is within your staff? Come on.

    I have many things against you Dizzy but disrespect is a subjective word. Even though i consider what i have against you as opinion you could take it as disrespect and deprive me of my hard earned reputation just cause so im going to keep quiet on you. Then theres the people who can be disrespectful and get away with it if the admins think that person is funny enough.

    As for help the first thing you guys can do is respond to people. I asked a question a months ago to Dizzy, one question. It would have taken like 1 minute to respond. It was ignored. Admin claim theyre busy but 1 minute out of 1,440 of a day would not have let the download server crash. That is just an excuse and i refuse to believe that.

    Second thing is actually give informative and detailed help to people, I wanted help making a character so i went to the "help" part of the forum. I needed help indexing a character's pallette because the outline would always match the background rendering me unable to remove the background. All i got were people asking me to upload a picture which i didnt need to do in the first place because all i needed was a simple answer. I figured it out but now i need help on states, but dont see anything in the "help" part of the forum about detailed information on states. Outside help is just 3-5 year old tuts that dont help because they are so vague. One of your admins MUST have made a character before, yet dont want to tell anyone how to do it. Whatever.

    I swear, if I knew everything about mugen id help anyone and everyone on this site using the upmost detail possible. Cant do that cause theres no helpful "help" out there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabris666 View Post
    The people answering go to youtube or google it are the newbies because old users are aware of the flaws on forums just think that the last release by one of the best screenpack makers was around 2 years ago,there are barelly new stuff made for mugen 1.1 ,coding something from winmugen for 1.1 it doesnt mean is specifically made for 1.1 is just a code replacement that nobody do because there is no need for it.
    Mugen is clinically dead now we have to wait for hackers to release some cool new functions (i doubt this will happen because the mugen hackers arent around or died) the so called hackers right now just modify the cfg file and say "HACKED LIMITS",i hope some people make reverse enginery and decompile the exe to make a real 64 bit exe (instead of the fake one that only use 4 gb of ram) because you can reach the memory limit of mugen with 10 chars plus stages
    Ok that may be. At the same time there are PLENTY of people who have made characters before, they find an excuse not to help you and just say "google it". They know lots of things that can be helpful for you but they wont take the time to tell you in a detailed and informative way. Theres lots of things i wanna learn, I wanna learn how to make a char from winmugen compatible on mugen 1.0. No one will help me. I wanna know what states mean, no one will tell me. I wanna know how to code AI, no one will tell me. I wanna make special commands actually function but, you guessed it no one will help me. That is why the "Help" part of this forum is irrelevent.
    Last edited by Vanquish777; 12th January 2017 at 01:50.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Posts
    832
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    239

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    I answered only because you said you had a problem with an admin, but you've pointed a member who isn't an admin. :[

    We don't ban users who are childish or rude, check our terms of service to find out what offenses can result in a ban. We have no time to babysit users and if they want to fight each others like a bunch of kids, we don't care about it. Did you ever see google moderators interfere in users disputes on youtube? No because they don't have time for that and neither do we.

    I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with the help you received, although at first glance, it seems you've got your question answered. If you have any constructive suggestion to improve the help sections, please let me know.

    And don't worry about posting criticism, I'm not the kind of childish mod who can't handle criticism. If you have anything constructive to suggest, I'll take it under consideration.

  6. #6

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    I answered only because you said you had a problem with an admin, but you've pointed a member who isn't an admin. :[

    We don't ban users who are childish or rude, check our terms of service to find out what offenses can result in a ban. We have no time to babysit users and if they want to fight each others like a bunch of kids, we don't care about it. Did you ever see google moderators interfere in users dispute on youtube? No because they don't have time for that and neither do we.

    I'm sorry that you weren't satisfied with the help you received, although at first glance, it seems you've got your question answered. If you have any constructive suggestion to improve the help sections, please let me know.

    And don't worry about posting criticism, I'm not the kind of childish mod who can't handle criticism. If you have anything constructive to suggest, I'll take it under consideration.
    It says hes a "Support Staff". meaning he does something for you guys that others cant do, a higher power. He assists you guys with something and if hes within your staff acting like that theres a problem. You guys really should tell him to stop that childish act, seriously its revolting to see someone with power do that.

    It seems like most of my reply was glanced over as ive stated what you guys can do to improve the help section, ACTUALLY, personally have admin help the person, dont redirect them, dont give an excuse like, "oh i dont have time" because again that phrase mostly gets used when people really have time but are just too lazy to care or respond. Ive told you ive asked you a question in the past via pm, something that couldve been answered with a yes or no almost and it was ignored. You had the time to respond but you didnt again it wouldve taken less then a minute to answer less then one out of 1,440 minutes you get a day. You had the time.

    The fact that you even just said the only reason you answered was because i said i had a problem with admin is proof enough you guys dodge people. You should be helping out regardless, for everything people need help with.

    My answer to improve the help section is to just for you guys to respond to everyone who needs help, then give them helpful detail on the subject. Dont ignore or redirect.

    Now for the things about you, since you ask about admin as well, 1. you glance over peoples responses too much, you even just did it now if you didnt you wouldnt have just told me that if i have any suggestion for the help section to let you know. I just gave you two.

    As for help the first thing you guys can do is respond to people. I asked a question a months ago to Dizzy, one question. It would have taken like 1 minute to respond. It was ignored. Admin claim theyre busy but 1 minute out of 1,440 of a day would not have let the download server crash. That is just an excuse and i refuse to believe that.

    Second thing is actually give informative and detailed help to people, I wanted help making a character so i went to the "help" part of the forum. I needed help indexing a character's pallette because the outline would always match the background rendering me unable to remove the background. All i got were people asking me to upload a picture which i didnt need to do in the first place because all i needed was a simple answer. I figured it out but now i need help on states, but dont see anything in the "help" part of the forum about detailed information on states. Outside help is just 3-5 year old tuts that dont help because they are so vague. One of your admins MUST have made a character before, yet dont want to tell anyone how to do it. Whatever.
    If this wasnt glanced over you wouldve had your answer. I also claimed that in my reply above that after I figured out how to remove the bg off a character i needed help with states, i got no help with that and to this day i still dont know so my question was not answered. You glance over a lot of people's responses to you.

    2.You are too dismissive. I can see how generic you think this is, youll say you will take suggestions under consideration but will you really? I doubt it. Itll just get tossed under the rug and itll all be forgotten about. This is just you way of trying to conclude this issue instead of addressing it. Youve done it to lots of people.

    3. Youve let your emotions actually lead to rash decisions. I see this a lot within all admin, all it takes if for them to be mad or sad and theyll use their power to punish people so much for so little, admin never have netural attitudes but they need to start cause punishing people because you cant let something slide is childish and unfair (unless the person really, REALLY deserved it.)

    4.You ignore. Its simply rude, make the time to respond when people are talking to you. I gave you no reason at all to ignore me.

    5. You make too many assumtions. The title of my post says. "This site it great and all, but has disrespectful admin among other flaws". I did not make this because a admin has bullied me, contrary to your first reply i made this because ive seen how your admin and staff treat other people. By looking at posts containing Sol Badguy, you and other staff, ive come to terms that a lot of you on the inside are disrespectful with only a few that thankfuly have something better to do than hurt people, like Left4Joker, i can respect him he is pretty chill for someone who has power.

    That is the criticism i have for you. But youll just be typical like all the rest and ignore this and continue to never better yourself as a person.
    Funny enough it seems im the only one who actually has the gull to say all this but it needs to be said.
    If all this was corrected, this place would be even better.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Posts
    832
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    239

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Sorry but "make time for me" is not a constructive suggestion.

    What I mean by constructive is any change I could do to the structures.

  8. #8

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Sorry but "make time for me" is not a constructive suggestion.

    What I mean by constructive is any change I could do to the structures.
    I feel like you didnt even read whats above at all. Wasnt asking for that. Number 4 states that you ignore people even when they ask you a quick question. It says make the time to respond to "people" when they are talking to you, not just me.

    Truthfully, tell me at least did you even read this? Ive given you plenty of suggestions.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Posts
    832
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    239

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Sorry but I'm done here, I really wish I could make more time for you, but I haven't found a way to duplicate myself to do all the things I wish I could do. I will let the community help you.

    I get you're not satisfied with the experience here, but we are working on improving the community so that people here interact more, so users help each others more. The staff can not handle every user request though, there are few of us and a lot of you. I sincerely hope someone will be able to help you more than I could.

  10. #10

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Sorry but I'm done here, I really wish I could make more time for you, but I haven't found a way to duplicate myself to do all the things I wish I could do. I will let the community help you.

    I get you're not satisfied with the experience here, but we are working on improving the community so that people here interact more, so users help each others more. The staff can not handle every user request though, there are few of us and a lot of you. I sincerely hope someone will be able to help you more than I could.
    Then make me someone that can help out others. I will take my time and help out anyone who needs assistance around here. Im dead serious EVERYONE who needs help ill help them. I could handle all the users. It may seem like a bold dumb claim but im serious. I just want this place to be better.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Posts
    832
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    239

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish777 View Post
    Then make me someone that can help out others. I will take my time and help out anyone who needs assistance around here. Im dead serious EVERYONE who needs help ill help them. I could handle all the users. It may seem like a bold dumb claim but im serious. I just want this place to be better.
    You just want this place to be better? How could I say no to that?
    Added you to the support staff, now let's see if you live up to your words.

    I also hope our new discord server will help users get the support they need.

  12. #12

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    You just want this place to be better? How could I say no to that?
    Added you to the support staff, now let's see if you live up to your words.

    I also hope our new discord server will help users get the support they need.
    Now if only i knew what support staff do for this site id get started right away.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Posts
    832
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    239

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Just provide help to users who need it, as you said you would.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    100
    Uploads
    11
    Comments
    152

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    hmm... not the route I would have taken diz. can't say i'm not curious to see how this plays out though.

    ...actually, kinda makes me want to do something for the site too. just wish I knew what. ah well, I help out from time to time, and I wouldn't mind uploading something interesting if I found it, so until I can think of something better, at least i'm contributing!

  15. #15

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by cheddarsword View Post
    hmm... not the route I would have taken diz. can't say i'm not curious to see how this plays out though.

    ...actually, kinda makes me want to do something for the site too. just wish I knew what. ah well, I help out from time to time, and I wouldn't mind uploading something interesting if I found it, so until I can think of something better, at least i'm contributing!
    If you really want to upload something but not sure what, try uploading music. Most of the music folders can be filled with more songs from their respective genre.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    100
    Uploads
    11
    Comments
    152

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    music can really be obtained anywhere, and there are innumerable songs in each genre in existence. people have their own tastes, and have their own ways of getting the music they like.

    mugen characters and stages however, are something special. sprites too.

    for instance, i'm considering spriting a character. weather or not I find a programmer, i'd like to upload the sprites here if I can get them done. (the nekomata/felynn monster class from the disgaea series of strategy rpgs. plan is to use Felicia's mvc2 sprites as her base.)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Posts
    832
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    239

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish777 View Post
    If you really want to upload something but not sure what, try uploading music. Most of the music folders can be filled with more songs from their respective genre.
    This is a terrible advice
    Please check the upload rules :
    ABOUT MUSIC FILES : ... Do not upload a large amount of music files, this is a MUGEN site, not a music site. ...
    There are many issues with music files. They barely get a few downloads here since they can be found anywhere as pointed out by our cheddarsword. On top of that the fair use domain can be quickly crossed with music files, so we recommend our users to not upload more than their 2-3 favorite bgm to remain in the safe zone. I have considered many times deleting the whole bgm area because of users who ignore the rules and put the site at risk.

  18. #18

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    This is a terrible advice Please check the upload rules : There are many issues with music files. They barely get a few downloads here since they can be found anywhere as pointed out by our cheddarsword. On top of that the fair use domain can be quickly crossed with music files, so we recommend our users to not upload more than their 2-3 favorite bgm to remain in the safe zone. I have considered many times deleting the whole bgm area because of users who ignore the rules and put the site at risk.
    I dont agree with that opinion. Having the music here can save the trouble of finding it on your own. Honestly if you guys are scared of that then you guys should dump the whole music section instead of telling people to upload only a set amount. I dont agree with that rule at all but theres nothing i could do about that.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    100
    Uploads
    11
    Comments
    152

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    cheddarsword: "not the route I would have taken diz."

    Vanquish777: "if you don't know what to upload, upload music."

    Dizzy: "this is terrible advice."

    Vanquish777: "I disagree with that opinion."

    Cheddarsword: Called it.

    I know you don't mind help with the site Diz, but ya might wanna be a little more discerning with who you make staff. I speak from experience, I mean no disrespect.
    Last edited by cheddarsword; 21st January 2017 at 04:42.

  20. #20

    Default Re: This site is great and all, but has disrepectful admin among other flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by cheddarsword View Post
    cheddarsword: "not the route I would have taken diz."

    Vanquish777: "if you don't know what to upload, upload music."

    Dizzy: "this is terrible advice."

    Vanquish777: "I disagree with that opinion."

    Cheddarsword: Called it.

    I know you don't mind help with the site Diz, but ya might wanna be a little more discerning with who you make staff. I speak from experience, I mean no disrespect.
    It sounds like you have something against me honestly. I only suggested music because thats what I did. I dont like that music rule and i didnt even know about it but i just said theres nothing i can do about that. Dont judge people you dont know.
    Last edited by Vanquish777; 21st January 2017 at 16:44.

Similar Threads

  1. Lets make MUGEN Great again.
    By Rilldillwill in forum Misc Non-MUGEN discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29th December 2016, 04:54
  2. How can we help the site?
    By Tforce in forum General MUGEN discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 15th October 2016, 10:54
  3. How do I even USE this site?!
    By SelenaKitsy in forum Website Feedback and Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th September 2016, 22:16

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •