UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default 18+ Subdivisions?

I dunno where to post this question to ask it, but here we go.

So the 18+ section is nice, been spending a lot of time perusing it. I just felt like asking, is it possible someday in the future to further subdivide the 18+ section? While it's nice to have a dedicated NSFW/18+ section, cleaning it up further would help a lot. There's a lot of vore edits, nude edits, H-compatibility edits... just all at random intervals, without any real rhyme or reason other that it's NSFW. With the enforcement of censoring nudity/using clothed sprites as pictures (which I think is okay, need to keep everyone happy), it's become harder to distinguish what actually has nude sprites, and what's just compatible with H characters.

I'd love to hear peoples' opinions on this, I can't be the only one perusing the 18+ section for specific things and just mass downloading things and hoping one out of five items is what I'm searching for.

If this subdivision happens, I can think of most of the subdivisions, and how to classify them:
    Nude: These would be the characters that are fully exposing their private parts at least 80% of the time. Hard to quantify percentages with sprites, but... C'mon, everyone should know what I'm talking about with this.
    Gore: Self-explanatory, things that take the gore a little too far, like some of the Mortal Combat stuff.
    Vore: Sure, they're labelled pretty well, but they might as well get their own section.
    H-edits: These are the characters that aren't even unclothed, just given some additional animations to accommodate the Victim/rap*st addition. I've noticed a lot of the 18+ stuff claiming to be "sexy" and contain sex moves are just clothed edits, like most of the NSFW Sonic stuff.
    H+edits: Pending name, I'm open to better suggestions. This is where the characters are actually given a little bit more love, and given some animations of clothes being torn to expose bits or sex animations that actually show the nudity.
    Partial Nudity: This would be the characters that aren't completely exposed but some of their bits are. For example, the girls that are topless or not wearing panties, or ripped pants to flash some junk regularly.

I believe that covers most of the categories I'm seeing, though I'm open to more suggestions. If we can't subdivide them, I'd at least like some sort of movement (like the censoring nudity thing) that makes people actually use the descriptions to specify what the character is. Let me know what you guys think!

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: 18+ Subdivisions?

If the community wants more 18+ subs, the community will need to help with it.
    There are +800 files in the section right now and nobody in the staff wants to sort it out.

Four subs were suggested : Aggressor, Victim, Victim (Male) & Vore

If someone can send us the list of files for each sub, we will create them. Otherwise nothing will change I'm afraid.

Uploads
    Comments

Well, I can point out a majority of files that can be labelled as Nude, and Partial Nude. I'm not gonna point out Vore and stuff, though I can list the ones that are visibly Vore.

Uploads
    Comments

To be honest I think this is not a bad idea. The 18+ edits category felt too general. There are characters scrambled all over the category that have their own different type of being an 18+ edit. This doesn't help with the category being 21 pages big.

Uploads
    Comments

That's my point! It would help if you know what you're getting yourself into, instead of jumping into an 18+ moshpit.

Uploads
    Comments

the problem isn't whether subdivisions are needed or not
    the problem is who's going to take the task upon himself

Uploads
    Comments

that section is overrated and a total mess, i haven seen the same edit of yuri being upload 4 times the last week, im pretty sure there's alot of duplicates there like that weird car who is apparently NSFW, also add the fact that some users dont respect our beloved [nsfw] tag.

The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

Uploads
    Comments

sorting adult material? how about first you consider putting all the 18+ material in there in the first place? there's a kai in the Namco section that flashes her top, a morigan in the Capcom section that strait up strips naked, and an original character in the original section that wears no panties!

I can edit sprites, but to fix some of these characters for public use would be a major undertaking, and some aren't worth it, and as such, get removed from my roster.

if there's a way to flag the characters, i'll do that. I never bothered to look before.

I know L4J uploads a lot of stuff, and if he's the uploader on any of that, I can't blame him for it. it's not his job to check the characters for that kinda stuff before uploading it.