UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: 3D Mortal Kombat Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Anji Mito View Post

voice+generator

this one worked for me : http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/
    not much voices available though
    Thanks for the help .. but I can't find a voice that sounds similar to the MK Announcer ..

It will be extremely difficult to mimic it perfectly.

I've found a site which has much more voice/speed variations.
    http://www.naturalreaders.com/index.html

You could trick players by combining two voices : the "wins" part from the announcer's actual voice, and the "spy" part from a voice converter as close as it can be. Slowing down the voice converter as much as possible will probably improve the result.

Expect a lot of trial and error. Is it really worth it? It's up to you.

It will be extremely difficult to mimic it perfectly.

I've found a site which has much more voice/speed variations.
    http://www.naturalreaders.com/index.html

You could trick players by combining two voices : the "wins" part from the announcer's actual voice, and the "spy" part from a voice converter as close as it can be. Slowing down the voice converter as much as possible will probably improve the result.

Expect a lot of trial and error. Is it really worth it? It's up to you.
    It's not really that important just wanted to find out if there are ways to do it .. wanted to give it the same feeling and style of mk4 characters i've released ..

What about your own voice?

I'm serious. Try to mimic the announcer with your own voice and record it, that may just work and this is much less effort. Plus your character will literally be a part of yourself.

What about your own voice?

I'm serious. Try to mimic the announcer with your own voice and record it, that may just work and this is much less effort. Plus your character will literally be a part of yourself.
    Hahaha .. Already tried that was my first choice didn't turn out great ..

Uploads
    Comments

For my MUGEN MKX project which will not be a full game but maybe a screenpack resource with some more chars, I'm editing single sound elements from MKX and combining them in Audacity. I got the idea from these old mugen mkp's by indrid cold who was doing the same. For example for borg117's Suijin I take an 'S' and 'U' and 'I' and jin wins from 'Kung Jin Wins' and for her the effect was pretty good. Not that well sounded Sareena from Mileena Wins but logic was the same. MK9's announcer is almost the same so more can be used. MK4 doesnt have much to choose from, mb mkda has similar voices.

Nice for the updates although I think it could still be made to do the proper death animations to MKP chars even if yours are not, cause I think all MK converted chars share the same animation numbers and unless we see all chars 3D to completely replace the MK3's it will be worth seeing, not to say converted to MK chars like Akuma also by borg. Not sure if possible but I can see the check in the MKP chars by ordering them to do some animation. MKP char I mean any MK3 looking with mechanics of MKP/MK3

[State -2, nd]
    type = PlaySnd
    triggerall = anim = 441
    trigger1 = animelem = 7
    trigger2 = animelem = 9
    value = F7,0
    channel = 3

[Statedef 10101]
    type = S
    movetype= H
    physics = N
    velset = 0,999
    ctrl = 0
    anim = 702

I am testing your chars a lot and here is some things I found out, some you know from PM:

- One direction seems to be a bit bothering me, I am not a char coder and I dont know enough about what causes it but from spending time seeing the chars' codes from mkp's and now, I've noticed some things, and it is not a matter of if the char is 'MKP/MK3 looking' or 'used for general MUGEN' - it is the very base of what makes a MK fighter, a MK fighter unless he is meant to have KFM moves and you know all these 'slow motion stuff:
    Last edited by amtyy; 17th September 2015 at 21:25.

Uploads
    Comments

(too long post, really)

Your chars use the MUGEN 1.1 Common.cns which is good but it seems to be where some difference happens. I found this when I wrongly assigned a MKP char to use the default Common1.1.cns instead of the one that MKP use that I can only call 'The common with the "blok" command'

1) So what does the default Common do to chars? It seems to be where some 'speed' is decided, for example in the GIF compare how Sareena falls and how Tanya falls. I think I may have seen even double/bounce fall like KFM in the MK4 chars.
    2) Compare the time it takes them to get up (longer in the default chars).
    3) For some reason chars with default Common1 take much more damage even if I set them Life 1660, 100 Defense same as MKP chars.
    4) The way some air kicks and other abilities get denied by MKP chars does not happen for those non MKP chars. E.g Goro can get denied by so many hits, if both fighters jump the MKP char may stop Goro in so many ways, when playing the MK4 chars are just getting their butt kicked cause they get denied in many moves (ive been testing contunuously these MK4 chars), better is to directly copy paste how these 'mechanics' work from MKP chars but I am not sure if the damage boxes in the AIR are larger for MKP chars or smth else is the problem, For example compare this Johnny Cage in the GIF and MK4 Cage, MK4 Cage will just get stopped much more as the jumps of Johhny cage MKP are stronger.

- i dont know if the 'Excellent' 'Superb' and such should be heard so often also they seem to be kind of loud but this is barely an issue.

I was going to ask if you would make those other MK4 fighters but if you really would do them at - MKA that would be so awesome, at least some of them - I dont know if you're planning to do Fujin and Shinnok or not, MKA would be perfect. However, again if they fall and get denied and just the pace is slower it wont be very MK style. It is not just in MK3, even in MK9 which I tested, well the way you fight, fighters fall and you can do combos from abilities while they still fall fast - is pretty much in every MK. This is my feedback and I would love to see if such kind of combos you do with MK3 chars you can do with these, it's not about the HP HP HP HK HK HK kind of combos. Well nonetheless, great for having them 3D look, they just need the same play feel. Idk if it needs a change in the Common file or them using separate but perhaps best is to use values that are the same as in older mk chars.
    Last edited by amtyy; 17th September 2015 at 22:11.

I still prefer regular mugen over mkp .. well using common1.cns in regular mugen does have a downside .. that's why I'll be coding a common cns for the mk4 characters just been bust this days ..

1)not sure about what you said about the speed thing in common cns ..
    2)I'm pretty sure the animations of the characters getting up are already faster ... if I make them any faster they'd look like flash but I haven't compared them with the mkp chars in the they get up ..
    3)Regarding the damage it's not the common1.cns fault .. It's the way the mkp characters are coded the damage of a characters move are overpowered..

For Example:

This is based on mkp5 ermac
    His High Punch Damage is 110,90
    Uppercut Damage 360,90

This is based on my MK4 chars
    High Punch Damage is 43,8
    Uppercut Damage is 215,13

I scaled down the damage of my characters on purpose so that they can be put up against other 3d or 2d mugen characters and won't appear cheap or overpowered .. And yet they are still a bit stronger and powered than non mk characters that's why i'm trying to balance it out ..

4)well that's simply because mkp have higher damage and their A.I is too brutal .. My A.I coding skills are not that good yet ..

Regarding the MK Announcer Voice I've already scaled it down a lot .. and It also doesn't sound that loud when I'm playing I barely even hear it sometimes .. not sure about the combos getting updated cause I just made these combos for MK4 they don't have combos in the original game you'll have to really on air juggle and juggle points to make combos in the original game ..

You can make up to 4-5 combos while standing using my MK4 characters .. but you can make more combos if you mix them up with their special motions and relying on juggle points .

The way I see it in that gif image the mkp characters can't regain control and do an air recover thats why they fall straight
    when johnny cage kick them .. while my MK4 tanya recovers in mid air before she falls when kicked by johnny cage .. I not yet sure if you can disable the air recovers in mugen and if it's really necessary ..

I don't recommend putting up the MK4 characters with mkp characters in the same screenpack coz they will get beaten easily .. because their coded differently ..

I already tested my characters against Mike Obrecht's and Omegapsycho's MK Mugen character and they work fine and fair ..

THOSE STAGES LOOK GREAT !!!! I WANT THEM NOW !!!

Ok I already fixed how the MK4 falls just like how a mkp character falls .. also disable the air recover for the A.I just like most MK characters .. remove the double bounce/fall like kfm .. reduce the time the mk4 character gets up .. BUT the MK4 characters still doesn't fall right when up against a mkp character just like what that gif of you shows and it's not my characters codes fault .. I tested Juano16 and Omegapsycho's MK characters against a MKP character .. AND they also fall the some way MK4 Tanya did on that gif of yours .. this has something to do with how a MKP character move is coded i think .. and there's nothing I can do about it anymore .. I suggest not putting MK4 character and MKP characters in one screenpack because they are not compatible ..

I will post when I finish applying the updates in all of the MK4 characters ..
    Last edited by bumble_vin; 18th September 2015 at 14:59.

Uploads
    Comments

that's why I'll be coding a common cns for the mk4 characters just been bust this days ..
    That is good, you can have each Common1.cns in each char's folder with the necessary adjustments. ade2004, his MKA chars are having major coding problems but I love how he tried to make combos and such exactly like in MKA (I think), and they are.

1)not sure about what you said about the speed thing in common cns ..
    Speed is looking fine, I was just talking about the general feel of some things being slower, but I couldnt figure out what (cause ive played lots of MK3 and MK9 where it felt faster)

I scaled down the damage of my characters on purpose so that they can be put up against other 3d or 2d mugen characters
    Ok I agree, MKP vs MKP chars may win each other too fast and either had to increase life or lower dmg, yours is better.

their A.I is too brutal .. My A.I coding skills are not that good yet ..
    Dont worry about it, i find the MKP's AI rather stupid. Only special chars done by good coders have interesting AI like Akuma and Suijin by Borg117 but it would be best if they can learn to do ability combos. AI can wait, not the most important, so far is fine. Only your Reptile doing this invis all the time, Scorp and Kai have a stornger AI. Yeah I like stronger AI but not like those 'MK3 Character' Ultimate - where you make a combo and he gets red light to do some HP HK combos - those are boring,abllity kombos are the must have :)

The way I see it in that gif image the mkp characters can't regain control and do an air recover thats why they fall straight
    Happens only on MKP vs MK4 char it isnt such a deal. However, I found out this that is actually not right, your MK4 vs Mk4 char, kind of bounces when falls and maybe should just fall once.

Ok I already fixed how the MK4 falls just like how a mkp character falls .. also disable the air recover for the A.I just like most MK characters .. remove the double bounce/fall like kfm
    I think you dont need the gif anymore but here is what I meant
    http://i.imgur.com/XcRSwLN.gifv

And if you think when you do a MKA char you can use any of ade's chars for some of your code, I can offer you to do so, I think his combos are MKA but I havent played MKA, he was trying to make them also feel as if in MKA. Looking forward to any of them! And Any better Fujin and Shinnok and imagine those rare MKA chars like Frost, Daegon, Chameleon (Yum!), I am giving up on using the MKP SF-based chars with Cage legs, Jax with Glasses. orange Goro, and such like 'Darrius, Daegon, Onaga

Uploads
    Comments

THOSE STAGES LOOK GREAT !!!! I WANT THEM NOW !!!
    Thanks lol, they are just basic animations, like I said, I will improve them in the future with more animations and in farther future I could do them properly but both may not happen so soon. But if you really want them now I can share them in PM in a few days and I can release for all when I can at least improve them, which may take me time, I was meaning to find time for them these weeks but again it is uncertain if I will make more progress on Mugen. I made a video to see the arenas I made and what they may look like:

Last edited by amtyy; 18th September 2015 at 17:56.

I already remove MK4 vs Mk4 char bounces when falls they only just fall once now just haven't applied them to all the characters and haven't uploaded them .. I've been doing test using the code .. I'm also trying to redo the A.I to a much better one .. Are you done with your stages ??? It looks great I'll wait for the releases .. Can you do me a MK Announcer Voice that says "Spy Wins" ??? don't know how to use audacity .. I'm also trying to figure out how to code running combos .. Picture didn't work ???

Quote Originally Posted by emetar View Post
    thanks lol, they are just basic animations, like i said, i will improve them in the future with more animations and in further future i could do them properly but both may not happen so soon. But if you really want them now i can share them in pm in a few days and i can release for all when i can at least improve them, which may take me time, i was meaning to find time for them these weeks but again it is uncertain if i will make more progress on mugen. I made a video to see the arenas i made and what they may look like:

please share the stages to me !!! Pm me or else face the consequences !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emetar View Post
    Thanks lol, they are just basic animations, like I said, I will improve them in the future with more animations and in farther future I could do them properly but both may not happen so soon. But if you really want them now I can share them in PM in a few days and I can release for all when I can at least improve them, which may take me time, I was meaning to find time for them these weeks but again it is uncertain if I will make more progress on Mugen. I made a video to see the arenas I made and what they may look like:

Give this a try and give me feedback if it's ok .. thanks !

Updated MK4 Johnny Cage

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xok...7cz/Mugen_Char
    Download Link : http://mugenarchive.com/forums/membe...226-bumble_vin

He now only falls once and doesn't bounce twice like kung fu man does ..
    reduce the time the mk4 character gets up ..
    also disable the air recover just like most MK characters ..
    re coded A.I to a better and harder one ..

Uploads
    Comments

Tested and compared with some (MK3)/MKP chars, they get up almost instantly (Im using them as reference cause I think they feel fast like a typical MK char). Your Cage's get up is fine now, faster getting up like now is good imo. What I think is kind of slow still:

- the uppercut (not saying it has to be like a machine gun ;), i'd say use a MKP char's speed for reference) - he swings up and stays like that for some time, if he closes up on that as fast as MKP chars, that will allow them to react when the enemy denies the uppercut
    - When Cage gets uppercut-ed or lifted up, he falls down slowly, i cant really say, compare:

The rest could be as you said the way those mkp chars were coded entirely that makes them, but the majority of your coding is like them like it should be. Now for a MKA chars if you know what specific things to add that they have would be nice, like you said in MK4 not much combos exist. ade2004's mka chars may have some features of mka but im not familiar.

Well if it cant be made to not fall like in the first gif after a jump or back kick in mkp vs non mkp thats fine i guess.

Regarding the code, I know you are planning to do lots of your coding style chars but if they can do finishers on MKP chars cause there will always be some based on such, and not too much trouble to add such code to order them to play these MKP death animations (only - head fall down type), would be great (the code is partially as i posted above wuth anim = 441 and 702 - detect if they have it)

Here is the Sound for your char (MK4 announcer) but I can send u the stages early next week.
    Last edited by amtyy; 18th September 2015 at 20:46.

Tested and compared with some (MK3)/MKP chars, they get up almost instantly (Im using them as reference cause I think they feel fast like a typical MK char). Your Cage's get up is fine now, faster getting up like now is good imo. What I think is kind of slow still:

- the uppercut (not saying it has to be like a machine gun ;), i'd say use a MKP char's speed for reference) - he swings up and stays like that for some time, if he closes up on that as fast as MKP chars, that will allow them to react when the enemy denies the uppercut
    - When Cage gets uppercut-ed or lifted up, he falls down slowly, i cant really say, compare:

The rest could be as you said the way those mkp chars were coded entirely that makes them, but the majority of your coding is like them like it should be. Now for a MKA chars if you know what specific things to add that they have would be nice, like you said in MK4 not much combos exist. ade2004's mka chars may have some features of mka but im not familiar.

Well if it cant be made to not fall like in the first gif after a jump or back kick in mkp vs non mkp thats fine i guess.

Regarding the code, I know you are planning to do lots of your coding style chars but if they can do finishers on MKP chars cause there will always be some based on such, and not too much trouble to add such code to order them to play these MKP death animations (only - head fall down type), would be great (the code is partially as i posted above wuth anim = 441 and 702 - detect if they have it)

Here is the Sound for your char (MK4 announcer) but I can send u the stages early next week.
    Thanks for the sound .. I owe you one .. I'll see what I can do with the Uppercut and the other falling states ... thanks for the feedback .. How about the A.I of MK4 Johnny Cage .. ?? I made it harder and better .. I'll wait for the stages ..

Found out a temporary solution if you're still planning on having mk4 and mkp characters in the same screenpack ..
    Open up the mk4 character's cns and go to data change the power and defence too 150 .. this will make it a bit fair so that they match the mkp characters damage and defense .. if you think it's not enough change it to 180 or 200 ..

3D MK4 Mugen Character Updates:

Fix how the character falls based on existing MK mugen characters
    Remove the air recovery
    Fix the A.I much harder and better now
    Fix the button commands for better and easier gameplay
    Change the Jump forward and backward sound
    Added some victory quotes
    Fix the A.I combo
    Fix the MK Uppercut animation
    Fix the start/movelist button

Download Link: http://mugenarchive.com/forums/membe...226-bumble_vin

MK4 Spy Now for DOWNLOAD !!!

Download Link: http://mugenarchive.com/forums/membe...226-bumble_vin

Also Updated MK4 Johnny Cage

Change the 1st Fatality based on the original MK4
    Added the Split Punch Hit Animation
    Added the MK4 Sweep Fall Animation
    Added the Reel Back or Flail Animation
    Removed the Combo Announcer for now
    Added Fall sound
    Change Jump Forward Sound
    Changes in the Basic Attacks and Special Motions Hitdefs

THE UPDATES HAVE BEEN APPLIED TO MK4 SPY !!!

I'll try applying the updates on the other MK4 characters from time to time .. a bit busy these days ...

Feel free to give feedback to improve the characters gameplay and all ..

Happy GAMING !!!

Does anyone know where I can find MKM earth god and P6 rips ???