UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Street Fighter 2 Deluxe 2 Characters missing move sets?

Hi, everyone; I'm new here but I must say I really like the work you are all doing!

I have an issue with the aforementioned game, though.
    While play SF2D2, I noticed that 12 or so characters (the Street Fighter 1987 ones) are missing their moves for hard punch and hard kick.
    I have looked over the input configuration options and that's all properly mapped but these characters just don't seem to register having their 5th and 6th moves.
    The buttons all work if you are selecting your fighter or stage but buttons C and Z don't seem to function on these characters.
    Is their something I'm doing wrong?
    Great work on the game on all other fronts, though!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Street Fighter 2 Deluxe 2 Characters missing move sets?

Are you sure they are not 4 button only characters?
    Some chars only have 4 buttons, two kicks and two punches.
    https://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic18125_1.gif
    {Signature by Kater15}

Uploads
    Comments

Thanks for the reply. I guess I can only go off of the Street Fighter 1987 MAME version from the arcades; In that version, all 12 characters have 3 different punches and kicks. For example, 1987 Birdie's hard punch and hard kick are a double fist pound and a headbutt respectively, but these moves don't seem to be present in this MUGEN version, as is with the other 11 characters H.P. and H.K.
    There are other versions of SF 1987 on the Turbo CD and there is a mod of the arcade version for the FBAXP emulator that allows you to play as all 12 characters in the original game and this is where I am able to perform these missing moves from the unaltered original. These moves can be seen performed playing the unaltered original.
    Any Ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been browsing through the files in the Street Fighter 2 Deluxe 2 folder and it seems that each and every character has their own folder. Since there is another version of the original Street Fighter for Mugen, Street Fighter 1 Champion Edition by falchion22, would it be possible to move those files from that mod into this one? I'll try trying this other version too see if the characters have all their moves intact.

Uploads
    Comments

Okay I've tested out the Falchion22 version of SF1 and it seems the characters are missing their hard punch/kick moves in that version as well.
    The buttons function when selecting stages but they don't register as the moves during a fight.
    Any ideas on this?
    Thanks!!