UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: MUGEN ARCHIVE banner contest

It might be a late reply but I have 2 new taglines for you guys (if you haven't already added them):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banner Contest Entry #1.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	210.1 KB 
ID:	3640

Name:	Banner Contest Entry #2.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	246.0 KB 
ID:	3641
    The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555
    PPVS2 Username: Signum
    Trakt.tv account: https://trakt.tv/users/thewhitedevil27
    Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/TheWhiteDevil27/

Uploads
    Comments

It's never too late as long as the thread is not closed.

The second one amused me a lot.

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Well, I've made this:

Name:	MUGENARCHIVE.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	3642
    Description:

It's really different than the current one and different from the other sites too (the other sites show ultra-techy fonts, too complex layouts which is, imho, kinda wrong because some users may like techy font, some others may like comic sans... there's a too broad selection so I aimed at some really standard sans font with minimum stylizations) and I've also used an image from the site with tons of chars which don't only represent the downloadable chars themselves but also the "community factor".
    The text logo is available as vector/scalable svg (or AI/PDF/EPS, etc...), the tagline is editable... in regards I'd suggest something like :

" Anything about MUGEN! " (pretty generic and catchy)
    " Your dream game... come true. " (based on the " Build your dream game " tagline)
    " Search it, find it, download it! "(based on the " Your answer to 404 " tagline, which may be not really understandable by those who don't know what 404 is. Yes, there are some.)
    " Keeping MUGEN alive since [year] " (based on the "Preserve MUGEN for eternity" which sounds a bit too glorious/futuristic).

Just some honest suggestions... not that I don't like the current tagline, it's just that it's not clear what it's actually "over" and why/what "we" could have won something. So I think the tagline could be changed in something more generic (like: something that makes the utility of the site clear and understandable, something less "wary", more generic and neutral)... something the generic user can like at first sight without wondering "uhm... what does it mean?" ... and also something that won't make the other sites feel like losers, you know if somebody "wins" somebody else "loses" and it's not clear what and why... that's why the tagline should be kinda neutral, imho.

I'd also exclude the presence of single characters like Ryu or the other one. Got nothing against them, but, as regards my experience, some users hate Ryu (and I have too say it's a bit overused... a bit of a clichè, honestly :/ ). That's why I preferred a multitude of characters like... "any char you're looking for is available, any." Yup, other sites use a pic with tons of chars in the background but actually that's a part that can be edited.

Well, I hope these suggestions won't be offensive, they're just my thoughts, anyone can agree or disagree about them and they're open to any edit.
    Last edited by mulambo; 3rd June 2018 at 20:46. Reason: added long description

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by mulambo View Post
    Well, I've made this:

Name:	MUGENARCHIVE.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	274.5 KB 
ID:	3642
    Description:

It's really different than the current one and different from the other sites too (the other sites show ultra-techy fonts, too complex layouts which is, imho, kinda wrong because some users may like techy font, some others may like comic sans... there's a too broad selection so I aimed at some really standard sans font with minimum stylizations) and I've also used an image from the site with tons of chars which don't only represent the downloadable chars themselves but also the "community factor".
    The text logo is available as vector/scalable svg (or AI/PDF/EPS, etc...), the tagline is editable... in regards I'd suggest something like :

" Anything about MUGEN! " (pretty generic and catchy)
    " Your dream game... come true. " (based on the " Build your dream game " tagline)
    " Search it, find it, download it! "(based on the " Your answer to 404 " tagline, which may be not really understandable by those who don't know what 404 is. Yes, there are some.)
    " Keeping MUGEN alive since [year] " (based on the "Preserve MUGEN for eternity" which sounds a bit too glorious/futuristic).

Just some honest suggestions... not that I don't like the current tagline, it's just that it's not clear what it's actually "over" and why/what "we" could have won something. So I think the tagline could be changed in something more generic (like: something that makes the utility of the site clear and understandable, something less "wary", more generic and neutral)... something the generic user can like at first sight without wondering "uhm... what does it mean?" ... and also something that won't make the other sites feel like losers, you know if somebody "wins" somebody else "loses" and it's not clear what and why... that's why the tagline should be kinda neutral, imho.

I'd also exclude the presence of single characters like Ryu or the other one. Got nothing against them, but, as regards my experience, some users hate Ryu (and I have too say it's a bit overused... a bit of a clichè, honestly :/ ). That's why I preferred a multitude of characters like... "any char you're looking for is available, any." Yup, other sites use a pic with tons of chars in the background but actually that's a part that can be edited.

Well, I hope these suggestions won't be offensive, they're just my thoughts, anyone can agree or disagree about them and they're open to any edit.
    Very interesting, bookmarked.

Uploads
    Comments

Hi Dizzy, I was bored so I had some fun with the banner =P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bannerdk3.png   bannerdk4.png   bannerdk5.png  

bannerdk7.png   bannerdk8_alt.png   bannerdk9.png