UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Forgettable Characters

WARNING: This thread might contain spoilers. And if some of my opinions offend or anger you, i'm sorry.

What are some characters from anime, cartoon, show, manga, book, games, etc you thought were... Just... Forgettable? You don't necessarily have to like or dislike them, you just thought that they were forgettable and remembering that they exist feels strange.

Why do you think they are forgettable? List your reasons.

For me, there are few characters from fandoms i like that i feel are forgettable:

1. Tommy's brother from Digimon Frontier. Frankly, i forgot Frontier even existed, sorry if someone likes that show, but i found the later episodes less enjoyable, it was cool in the beginning though, and it has a nice theme song, these are some pros i can think of.

2. Neon Hanamura from Digimon Data Squad. I thought he was cool, but at the same time, he felt forgettable since from what i remember, he only appeared in probably 2 or 3 episodes.
    He debuted in his first episode obviously, and in next episode, Thomas talks about him and his face appears and also he appears in the last episode when Marcus wanted everyone's energy to defeat King Drasil.

3. The Bio-Hybrids from Digimon Data Squad. Ivan and Nanami were forgettable and they were pretty much the evil version of the protagonists. I liked Kouki though, i thought he was nice in my opinion.

4. The USA Sports Team from King of Fighters. I never really liked them that much and don't really care if they appear in the next game or not, i apologize if i offended you. But eh, maybe people like them because they look cool or nostalgic in their own opinions so, i can respect if you like them.

5. Hinako Shijou from King of Fighters. I guess she was neat since she was a sumo girl, but i feel like she didn't appear in a lot of games. Kind of sad, there are some cool KOF characters that don't appear in a lot of KOF games.

6. Momoko from King of Fighters. Of course though, she appears in only one game. But to be honest, she was way better than Bao.

7. Akiha, Hisui and Kohaku from Tsukihime. But only in Arcueid and Ciel routes i feel like they were a bit forgettable and didn't have a lot of development and weren't talked about very much in these two routes, however though, Akiha, Hisui and Kohaku route make these three even more interesting thankfully. I always thought Akiha was awesome and i guess she could be called underrated. Hisui was funny and cute and was also an amazing character in my opinion. And Kohaku is one of the best Type-Moon characters in my opinion.

8. Tonami Kugamine from Kagetsu Tohya. He was pretty much "just there" and didn't seem very interesting. And his name and last name are hard to remember for me.

9. Tokie Jinan and Sougen Jinan from Kagetsu Tohya. Tokie was cute, but i felt like Tokie and Sougen didn't appear too much and had some potential.
    Thankfully from what i know, Sougen appears in Red Demon God. Although from what i know, Red Demon God didn't have any sprites, it just had backgrounds and characters talking, but i still thought it was cool to read, Kouma and Kiri were amazing characters.

10. Akiha's classmates from Kagetsu Tohya. Except for Akira, i loved her and i wish she appeared more. I don't like Souka though. And Hanei didn't really appear too much, but i guess she was an okay character. Tsukasa has some potential too, although she, too, doesn't appear too much and from what i remember, she appears only once.

11. Kliff Undersn from Guilty Gear. There are a lot of cool GG characters, although i always forget about Kliff's existence.

I guess that's all.

What about you? What are some characters you thought were forgettable and you pretty much always forget them? What show/game/etc are they from?
    "Marching Fishes!"

Gomamon the Sea Animal Digimon

(Gomamon is a character from Digimon series. My username is obviously based on him.)

(Note: I accept friend requests if you ever want to be friends with me. If no, that's okay, i can't be friends with everyone.)

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Forgettable Characters

That one Kids Next Door villain obsessed with brushing people's teeth.

Uploads
    Comments

Goten and Trunks. Their main reason for existing is Future Trunks and Gotenks. I even forget they're playable in Budokai Tenkaichi.

Uploads
    Comments

1- The Brazil Team from KoF XIV: None of them are interesting or add nothing to the series, they are practically the USA Sports Team 2.0.
    2- Hsien Ko in MvC3: I tend to forget she was even on that game
    3- Black Widow in MvC Infinite: Similar to Hsien-Ko I forget she was there.
    4- Marrow in MvC2: Filler character practically.
    5- Necalli in SFV: The most forgettable char in the game.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mortos View Post
    1- The Brazil Team from KoF XIV: None of them are interesting or add nothing to the series
    Even the Brazilian ninja? The only other ninjas we got are wildly different from the usual plus Eiji's boring self unless we're counting Hanzo for KOF: Maximum Impact 2.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TheDimensionShambler View Post
    Even the Brazilian ninja? The only other ninjas we got are wildly different from the usual plus Eiji's boring self unless we're counting Hanzo for KOF: Maximum Impact 2.
    I actually like Eiji and Lin better. I didn't like that Bandeiras was just a crazy fan of Mai personality wise. But compared to Nelson who is just a lame version of Heavy D! with a bionic arm and Zarina who feels like SNK's version of Elena from Street Fighter, I'll admit he is probably the less forgettable of that team.

Uploads
    Comments

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J_malin_78482_p_thumb.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	6850

I remember the background characters watching the fight before I remember she exists.

Uploads
    Comments

Doppio

Uploads
    Comments

Hsu Hao from mortal kombat. I have never met someone who has played mortal kombat armageddon and remember him, others have played it and don't even know about his existance. Most videos of him on youtube are either saying how bad he is or a worst mk character list.

Kusaregedo from Samurai Shodown V is the worst character. Just look up his name and the series he's from and you'll see what I mean ;)

Uploads
    Comments

Excel Excel (Excel Saga): Extremely annoying voice (especially in the JP version) and personality that only further made me drop that series.
    Hajime Ichinose (Gatchaman Crowds): My least favorite character from the show and her obsession with notebooks is...creepy.
    Rera (Samurai Shodown): Kinda dull character, and I already dislike Nakoruru as is. Still a better SamSho character than Kusaregedo.
    Amy Rose (Sonic): One word: USELESS!
    Lucy (Elfen Lied): Rock stupid in one instance, emotionless robot in the other. Lackluster character just like everyone from that series.
    Verse (KOF): My least favorite KOF next to Magaki, and he resurrected many deceased past characters when they were supposed to remain dead. Antonov should have been the real final boss.
    Shinn Asuka (Gundam): Had potential to be good, but became unbearable.
    Orochi (KOF): Another least favorite, and the MUGEN edits of him only further made me dislike him more.
    Magaki (KOF): Another screen filling super [email protected]! Also has the goofiest looking final form this side of Ultron Sigma.
    Arius/Argosax (Devil May Cry): Everybody's least favorite DMC villain besides Mundus from the reboot.
    "Demon Prince...Kiavala!"

Uploads
    Comments

Thumb up Re: Forgettable Characters

"Extremely annoying voice..." Bruh, I am dying. LMAO

Uploads
    Comments

Mecha Heita from Big Bang Beat. Completely forgot he was a thing until i highlighted him once in BBBR. His whole gimmick of being a robot version of an existing character was kinda done better with Robo-Ky or Mech Hisui.

Most of the "original generation" characters from the KOF Ash saga. Probably the only good ones were Adelheid and (maybe) Shen Woo. The characters from other SNK games thankfully made up for it like Tizoc, Gai Tendo, and Sho Hayate, though (and they're a few of the most out-there characters).

Nearly every newcomer from Samurai Shodown 5 or 6 except for Iroha (who's memorable for the wrong reasons). As much as I dislike every character from that series except for like 3 or 4, i cannot find anyone who gives two craps about Andrew, Yunfei or Ochamaro.
    My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

Current PFP: Anthro Vulpix

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - On hiatus.

Uploads
    Comments

that menacing stare tho