UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Unpopular King of Fighters Opinions

If you like the KOF series but also have some unpopular opinions on it, feel free to talk.

My unpopular KOF opinions:

1. I like Kyo, Iori, K' and Ash, but for some reason, K' is the best one in my opinion and is my favorite and i like him more than Kyo, Iori and Ash.

2. I like '98 more than 2002. Both are good games though, but for some reason, i myself like '98 more.

3. Chris, K9999 and Ash are my favorite characters even if not a lot of people like them, i actually really like them.

4. In my opinion, in 2003/XI, Kyo has the best design (he looks cool in Orochi Saga and NESTS Saga games, but for some reason, i prefer his 2003/XI design) and also, Kensou has the best 'gameplay' or moveset if i have to say that in XI. Though i am not too sure if this one is actually unpopular since some people seem to like XI Kensou too.

5. I like Goenitz more than Rugal. Rugal seems to be really popular and liked by the fans so, i guess this one is unpopular opinion. Rugal is cool, but i am more of Goenitz person.

6. I am sorry if this offends anyone, but i don't really care about the USA Sports Team that much. I am okay with the fact that other people love and miss them, but i don't really care too much about them honestly.
    Marching Knives.
    Gomamon Nanaya (Gomamon and Shiki Nanaya)

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Unpopular King of Fighters Opinions

-I don't get the appeal of K' and Kula. K' is literally what a five year old thinks is "Cool" and Kula while having a interesting concept she never goes beyond being some brainless brat that throws ice. The only one of their team that I don't dislike is Maxima, but SNK should really get them a break for at least one game.
    -Ash was a good character.
    -They should let Kyo, Athena, Kensou and Yuri grow up, they look like kids in KoF XIV.
    -The Maximum Inpact games were not bad.
    -The Brazil team from KoF XIV could have been better, but they are very forgettable

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mortos View Post
    -The Maximum Inpact games were not bad.
    I never played them so, i don't have an opinion, but i heard some good things about Maximum Impact 2. I think they also say that the first MI had English dub which was disliked by most fans?
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

I don't get the appeal of K' and Kula. K' is literally what a five year old thinks is "Cool"
    It was the end of the 90's early 00's. Designs like that was considered the new cool, you can see it everywhere in movies, comics and games.

They should let Kyo, Athena, Kensou and Yuri grow up, they look like kids in KoF XIV.
    They should, but probably won't since a lot of people consider aging characters to have an affect on the characters appeal. Which is why many characters in games and comics rarely age. Atleast Kyo is out of high school now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomamon Nanaya View Post
    I never played them so, i don't have an opinion, but i heard some good things about Maximum Impact 2. I think they also say that the first MI had English dub which was disliked by most fans?
    The dub was really bad. Regulation A, was the best version of the MI games though.

My unpopular opinion, Falcoon's art sucks, some of his designs like Alba, Lien and Nagase were cool.. but in general his designs and art style suck.

Uploads
    Comments

I dislike every newcomer from the Ash saga except for probably Adelheid. This isn't counting characters from games in the Fatal Fury timeline who made their KOF debut in the Ash saga, though. Also, I like Athena and Kyo's designs from that saga the best.

My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

Current PFP: crazy ingrid and edgy krystal

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - Someone managed to make my demo actually salvagable!
    Kenny - I dunno why i'm editing that character lul

Uploads
    Comments

Shen Woo is pretty bad *** dude

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by riccochet View Post
    Shen Woo is pretty bad *** dude
    In my opinion, he's one of the best characters from the Ash Saga. I love him and he feels so awesome to play.
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

King of Fighters Maximum Impact 1&2 are amazing and I love them so much! I still play them too :)

Uploads
    Comments

I had some dumb legitimate fun playing Maximum Impact Regulation A, but I obviously wouldn't prefer it over 98, XI, XIII, XIV or 2002UM.
    "Demon Prince...Kiavala!"

Uploads
    Comments

1. Ryo Sakazaki is a lame Ryu rip-off and the rest of his family is way more interesting (and fun) than he is and ever will be. Even Robert Garcia (based on Ken) played widely different in NGBC and was better because of it.

2. I don't see what the problem is with Momoko. I thought she was a fine addition to the Psycho Soldiers team and better than non-KOFXIII Sie Kensou.

3. The whole gender confusion with Shion is so dumb. She clearly looks female and has a female voice. It's like Japanese fans never seen a flat-chested girl before.

Uploads
    Comments

I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Terry Bogard. I don't care for a lot of the old school main characters actually, like Terry, Ryo, Robert...

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by buddyguy View Post
    I think I'm the only person who doesn't like Terry Bogard. I don't care for a lot of the old school main characters actually, like Terry, Ryo, Robert...
    Almost everyone praises him like he's a God or the strongest character ever so, it's a bit surprising to see someone who doesn't like him. I never saw a single person say anything bad about Terry. No offense to people that like him, but i was never a huge fan of Terry, although i can respect if someone likes him, though i never understood the 'hype' for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDimensionShambler View Post
    2. I don't see what the problem is with Momoko. I thought she was a fine addition to the Psycho Soldiers team and better than non-KOFXIII Sie Kensou.
    She is way better than Bao in my opinion. I never understood why some people hate her, maybe because of her voice, her design
    I saw some people who liked the '94-'98's KOF games hating on '99 and later games because of characters not being tough guys and because they dislike that the later KOFs focused more on anime and little girl designs and some saying that they never played KOF after '98 but that was many years ago so, it's not a big deal. I myself actually like the NESTS and Ash Saga characters.
    or something? Either way, seeing her return wouldn't be bad.
    Last edited by Gomamon Nanaya; 17th June 2020 at 22:13.
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TheDimensionShambler View Post
    3. The whole gender confusion with Shion is so dumb. She clearly looks female and has a female voice. It's like Japanese fans never seen a flat-chested girl before.
    I've always thought of Shion as either trans or just a flat chested girl tbh.

Uploads
    Comments

@riccochet

Their bios say they are like 20 years old, or more, they have no reason to look like that at all.

Momoko and Bao are the same, and Kula is worse than both of them combined.