UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Poll: What do you think of MKA?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Uploads
    Comments

Default What do you think of Mortal Kombat Armageddon?

What do you think of this PS2 fighting game, Mortal Kombat Armageddon? Do you like it or dislike it?

I myself like MK series, but this game is not bad in my opinion. I like it actually, even if Deception is better, (because you can actually perform fatalities, MK doesn't feel like MK if it doesn't have fatalities) i actually liked Armageddon and had some fun, though i kind of dislike that you can't perform fatalitity, Kreate-a-Fatality feels less fun, but at least you can perform Death Traps in some stages just like how you could in Deception if that counts.

What about you? Do you like or dislike MKA? Or do you have a different opinion of it?
    "Marching Fishes!"

Gomamon the Sea Animal Digimon

(Gomamon is a character from Digimon series. My username is obviously based on him.)

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What do you think of Mortal Kombat Armageddon?

Pros

All characters from the midway games return (except for khameleon but she was later added in the wii version of the game)

Best soundtrack in the series IMO

Conquest mode was definitely a step up in terms of gameplay from deception

And the ability to customize you're own character

Cons

Only two fighting styles when deadly alliance and deception had 3

Although kreate a fighter was a good feature, the only gripe i have with it is that it was kinda limited

And the kreate a fatality system

Armageddon is a ok game but objectivity speaking, deception and deadly alliance were better games

Uploads
    Comments

Really decent MK game i remember playing on my PS2 as a kid in 2008 but i didn't noticed it since it's a violent fighting game, it's pretty good & has nice character creation system similar to SoulCalibur 3.
    MUGEN Blog
    ~In the area since V/VI/MMIII (05/06/2003)~

W.I.P:

undecided.

FC2 Video
    Twitter: @j121_mugen
    Patreon

Uploads
    Comments

I like the opening, one of my top favorite fighting game intro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNmg66B-SSQ

Uploads
    Comments

I love the kreate a fighter mode. i also think the soundtrack's cool too.

My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

Current PFP: crazy ingrid and edgy krystal

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - Someone managed to make my demo actually salvagable!
    Kenny - I dunno why i'm editing that character lul

Uploads
    Comments

Personally one of the best MK games for the PS2 My childhood was all MKA and the KAF is fun for me nowadays as people are getting more creative as people have made MKX charecters

Uploads
    Comments

I got it on the Wii, which is more advantageous for having Khameleon and it's easier to perform special moves and fatalities. Always liked the idea of having all the characters in one game, even the more obscure ones. And KAF is cool too, but it was too limited. Why couldn't you choose more special moves? It's dumb how you could give a character tarkatan blades but no moves involving them.

Uploads
    Comments

Heck yeah! I've been playing Armageddon again lately and the Konquest is so fun. The combos are pretty cool when you get into them, albeit they have quite a bit of a steep learning curve.

Uploads
    Comments

HMMMM I would say it's an alright game I feel like the Konquest mode in Deception is better but that might just be because I really like Shujinko better that Taven (sorry Taven fans) and no fatalities really does suck but the arcade mode is really fun to play and the intro is really cool (Stryker and Mileena) and as for the rest well it's meh for me but all in all okay game.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ZacAttack View Post
    HMMMM I would say it's an alright game I feel like the Konquest mode in Deception is better but that might just be because I really like Shujinko better that Taven (sorry Taven fans) and no fatalities really does suck but the arcade mode is really fun to play and the intro is really cool (Stryker and Mileena) and as for the rest well it's meh for me but all in all okay game.
    Someone else who likes Shujinko more than Taven, nice. For me, Taven felt a bit bland and uninteresting, but i loved Shujinko although his ending in Konquest was sad. Armageddon was a fun game, but it did have some flaws that are easy to notice.
    "Marching Fishes!"

(Gomamon is a character from Digimon series. My username is obviously based on him.)

Uploads
    Comments

It's the only fighting game I know of where the special features are better than the main game itself. I enjoyed Konquest and the character creation but I will never play the main game ever again, not even with other people since the fighting mechanics are so broken and terrible. Luckily, my copy has Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 so I don't even have to play this awful MK game again.

Uploads
    Comments

It's one of my favorite Mortal Kombat games ever. The intro was so cool to me when I was a kid

Uploads
    Comments

I really enjoyed it. I think it's a very decent fighting game, but it will always be disliked due to the lame fatality system. Konquest and motor kombat were pretty fun too.

I had a lot of fun with the game and realy loved the Character Creation.

Uploads
    Comments

It was very good the story was awesome, and i loved to play trough the Shujinko's quest to find kamidogu.
    Good story and good gameplay that's perfect to me

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Emília human doll View Post
    It was very good the story was awesome, and i loved to play trough the Shujinko's quest to find kamidogu.
    Good story and good gameplay that's perfect to me
    That was Mortal Kombat Deception.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TheDimensionShambler View Post
    That was Mortal Kombat Deception.
    MKD is in my opinion one of the best MK games.

And did MKA really have a "good" story and gameplay? From what i remember, you had only 2 fighting styles, you couldn't perform fatalities like in MKDA and MKD. I think MKA is fun game but a bit bland, there are more MK games that are way better. I only played it when i was bored, or when i would be testing my kreated kharacters. (i remember that i kreated Kyo from King of Fighters, Tai in his Digimon Adventure 02 outfit, Marcus from Digimon Data Squad, but i have no idea if that was in 2019 or 2020 since i don't remember everything perfectly) I have no idea if MKA had Kamidogus and plus, in my honest opinion, Taven was a boring protagonist. Shujinko was awesome though, but his Konquest ending felt disappointing.

Sorry if i offended or angered you, @Emília human doll (i have no idea how to tag people) i was just expressing my opinion on the game, but i can respect if you actually like MKA, though from what i know, you were talking about MKD in your post.

(Note: If someone doesn't know what i am talking about, MKDA stands for Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, MKD stands for Mortal Kombat Deception, MKA stands for Mortal Kombat Armageddon.)
    "Marching Fishes!"

Uploads
    Comments

One of my favourite MK games.I still have the DVD for PS2
    This is...the fist of the Kusanagi!