UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Thumb up Long overdue website upgrade finally accomplished.

Greetings dear users of the MUGEN ARCHIVE, I hope you didn't miss us.

We're back, stronger and better than ever, with a long overdue website upgrade.

It would be too long to list all of the changes, so let's sum it up by saying the website has been modernized to the latest web 2.0 standards and the download area has been deeply modified to be, not only more user friendly, but also A LOT more community friendly. The interactions between our members will certainly greatly improve.

Enjoy and while everything may not be perfect yet, do not hesitate to comment the changes we've accomplished and let me know what adjustments may still be needed.

All the best,

The MUGEN ARCHIVE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f4bHmEw.png  

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Long overdue website upgrade finally accomplished.

You scared a lot of people with that; "closed" message. Glad to see you guys back.

Uploads
    Comments

HelloI try to search and everytime I try it says I can't search.
    It says I don't have permission.
    thanks.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KOtik View Post
    You scared a lot of people with that; "closed" message. Glad to see you guys back.
    Sorry about that I was in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by technoman View Post
    HelloI try to search and everytime I try it says I can't search.
    It says I don't have permission.
    thanks.
    I have made some adjustments, now you can use the search and advanced search if you are logged in. If the server can not take it, I'll revert to former settings though.

Thanks and wellcome back, man.

Uploads
    Comments

Most of the changes are for the better.

However I wished for a way to enforce quality descriptions. Such as adding some extra required fields to the upload form : date stamp, directory name, amount of frames. That's the only way I see our users paying attention to the upload rules, because so far they don't.

While it might discourage average users to upload, quality descriptions could certainly improve the MUGEN ARCHIVE reputation as a quality site, not just an average repository. My personal opinion is users which are doing poor descriptions, are usually uploading poor material anyway and we could live without it. We could add a GUIDE to the site about how to extract the required data from the files they upload.

Uploads
    Comments

I'd rather use a script to extract the data and inject it to the database. Date stamp and directory name should be easy enough in most cases. Number of sprites, however, could not be trivial. I'll look into it but don't expect very soon, sorry.

you just need to upgrade the file system on here to let others upload bigger files the bad thing about certain websites such as sendspace mediafire and 4share and 2 share either the link gets old and gets deleted or they have a problem with copy write material which is why its better to do it on the system

Uploads
    Comments

I've added allowed file types and their respective maximum size to the upload page template. That's something we had in the former web version and which got lost during the upgrade.

Most file types are limited to 50MB, except RAR and 7Z files, which are limited to 150MB. So if you have a zip file larger than 50MB, you can extract and recompress it with 7Z or RAR, and you will be fine up to 150MB.

mmmm i guess that would pose a problem simply because most big characters are more then a 150 and the only problem of posting a link then to upload it on the server is that the file could be deleted at any given time maybe if you can find a way around it and move it up to 800mb but limit it to only characters and such but no full made games then you should be able to do so without a problem considering those are far more bigger

Uploads
    Comments

The 150M cap is not a setting I can modify, it's beyond my level of access, sorry.

But I doubt it will be added, I've asked before and apparently that's the best our server can handle at the moment. More would slow down the site for everybody.

ahh well in that case maybe we can come up with another plan mostly its the kof characters that are very big in file size

I tried enter to this website, but it needs password! D:

Question Re: Long overdue website upgrade finally accomplished.

Dizzy, why you added file size limit?

Uploads
    Comments

Good,I can find more and more characters

Uploads
    Comments

Wow :o! I have to say i been seeing a lot of renewed projects in the Mugen community as a whole :).I hope the new update can last to the expectations of everyone here and i am glad that it more community-friendly be blessed again everyone and be awesome to the best of your soul can be :D.

Uploads
    Comments

I wanted to let you know that I am planning a new software upgrade during the next couple of weeks, in order to implement some exciting enhancements which I'll detail after the upgrade. So the site may be closed for maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try to make the downtime as short as possible.

Uploads
    Comments

Some news.

As some may have noticed already, we no longer support the 7z format here at the MUGEN Archive. I know it is a powerful, efficient and also a popular format in the MUGEN community, but, unfortunately, it's nowhere as popular among the web developers community so I have to drop it in preparation for an incoming web software upgrade. I've also converted all of our 7z archives to rar archives. If you have 7z files you'd like to upload, please convert them to rar using winrar built-in conversion functionality (menu : tools->convert archives).

I haven't spotted any problem while converting our archives, but if you were to notice any bug, please report it here. Thank you.

Uploads
    Comments

Thanks for the news.

Uploads
    Comments

The planned websoftware upgrade to implement exciting enhancements will happen soon. The code has been tested and is ready for use. Expect a downtime, hopefully as short as possible.

I'll detail the changes once the site is back online.