UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Sad What happened to my uploads?

Some time around last year, I uploaded some music files from Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle. For some odd reason, they were later removed. What happened?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What happened to my uploads?

We have strict rules regarding uploads of BGM files and other unplayable content, and your submissions were removed for violating those rules, not for "some odd reason". Please see the following announcement:
    https://mugenarchive.com/forums/announcement.php?a=4

ABOUT BGM FILES : All BGM files must include a youtube link or they will be deleted. Do not upload a large amount of BGM files (unplayable content must not exceed 20% of your files), this is a MUGEN site, not a BGM site. Only VG or fighting related music files are allowed. Pop music, or anything outside fair use domain, is strictly forbidden.

CLOSING NOTES : Excessive violations of the upload rules may result in your upload permission being revoked. Besides keep in mind that MUGEN is a game and users are looking for playable content, so excessive upload of unplayable content* may result in a warning. Unplayable content must not exceed 20% of your files. (* The following type of files are considered unplayable content : bgm, sound packs, sprite packs, fonts)

[Banner by kater15]

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What happened to my uploads?

What Juubei said, and I will just add that there are even more reasons for this rule. If we let everyone spam BGM files, it would be very hard to find new MUGEN content among the BGM flood.

Moreover, we are currently planning to wipe the BGM folder. We would replace it with a BGM thread where members can post a link to their favorite BGMs. That would save a lot of moderation time because let's face it, few members read the upload rules and we're short of active moderators. I was hoping we would get an update to moderate the BGM ratio automatically, but the developers are busy with other problems right now, and I'm afraid users would circumvent the system by zipping their BGM files or not filling the form out properly.