UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default FAIDAR - Original Full Game

I'm reposting this thread, as the original one was a real mess.

FAIDAR - Full Game

- 8 Original characters: each one with his story and background, personal set of moves and gameplay, 2 special moves, 1 hyper move and customized combo system.
    - 8 Original Stages: based on each character
    - Completely original soundtrack
    - Original screenpack
    - High Resolution

It's a game where building a fighting strategy is necessary before going forward: the easiest way is to go hyper instead of wasting super bar to perform specials (specials and hypers consume super bar, such as in Art of Fighting).

The game is hella difficult, speedy and sometimes there you can turn the hyper final attack into a fatality.

There is only Arcade mode, because something went wrong in making of screenpacks and I decided in the end that it could have become a decent "casual" fighting game.

All graphics, audio, coding, etc. made by me between July and August 2016.

DOWNLOAD LINK (click on "qui" after page loads)
    or VIEW THE BLOG
    Last edited by mulambo; 11th November 2016 at 17:46.
    check my MUGEN creations at [emanuelepepi.tk]

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: FAIDAR - Original Full Game

@Dizzy this is awesome, we should post this at the front page of the portal :D

Uploads
    Comments

wow that would be cool, though I think my little game doesn't deserve that much :)

Uploads
    Comments

Aaaaaand some feedback (I'm still trying to learn how to promote the post to front page X_X)

I played it for something around 1 hour.

I must say, I reeeeeaaaallllly like what you did here.
    I'm a man from the end of 80's, and this game makes me remember SO MUCH from old PSX/Saturn fighting games. I love the vibe :DD

All characters are very well balanced, with some exceptions for the quick ones (the alien and the ninja), you can actually spam some moves with them, takes a good timing though.

IMO you should change the hit sounds to something that gives more impact. What about Virtua Fighter sounds? Or something like that...

I also miss a song in the title and select screen.

The songs in the stages sound a bit too low for me, but I believe that is personal.

Anyway, excelent job here, but I'm sure you can improve it even more. ;D

Uploads
    Comments

yeah, I love virtua fighter 2, actually Judsa was based on Lion Rafale . :) but I can't really rip other games' work, I can be inspired but as original game anything must be "from scratch".
    the title and select screen music gave a lot problems with mp3, after ending and vs screen (I don't want to blame it on Elecbyte and Mugen, but i betatested myself many times before choosing for silence in title and vs screen, altough I think there is a vs screen music ... maybe mp3 plugins problem?).
    you can still edit the mp3 with audacity or set somewhere the audio volume. I didn't want the songs to overlap the fx.
    thank you really much, 1 hour played is a honor for a small producer like me, hope everyone were that pleased, thanks again :)

about improving it all, I must say: it was an intense desire that burned quickly in a month, I was like possessed by a demon and managed to make everything in a month, like... full speed, 8+ hours a day working on that project...great and sincere fun after years of quitting mugen (my last relevant creation was Pingu, another "1 month creation"... but it was just a character, this time it's a full game, call it a progress :D ). I can't say when exactly that kind of inspiration will come again, but it probably will, who knows?

Most impressive!

It wasn't an easy thing for you to accomplish this I'm sure. It looks PSX worthy! Congratulations!!

Downloading now and TESTING!!!!

Just played your original game!

My review:

It feels very low budget, however that's not a bad thing at all. The stuff you accomplished has given this its own style and is wonderfully enjoyable. It plays fantastically smooth, the characters are very reminiscent of popular video-game archetypes. I can see a little kingdom hearts, Mk's quan chi, and other familiar influences which makes liking these characters feel very natural. The moves themselves are borrowed from a lot of main stream games, however, they are very well executed. The music itself is very mesmerizing. I never thought original music like this would ever be this good. It's incredibly simplistic and reminds me of old school games around the sega genesis era. Its synthesized nostalgia. This game could have easily been a product in those good old days and may have had a serious following like some franchise games today.

Your game also has a modern classic appearance as well, as if these fighters could exist in our current day and age. The first stage reminds me of a desolate fallout setting. I could not get past the first character, however, that means that you have a good challenging game and decent a.i.

I'm gonna have to recommend this game XD

Well done!

Pointers & Recommendations:

The only thing I would change, and you're probably all ready working on this, is the title screen fonts. It's the same generic mugen font. If that were changed it would feel more like its own thing rather than a mugen game.

The one other thing though that could use a revision is your female fighter. She's not very attractive and looks uninteresting. I would go back to the drawing board on her. She fights well though but videogames which appeal to males mostly need and desire an attractive token female. Being an attractive female is something both men want in a woman and women desire for themselves to be. I would recommend maybe redoing her hair so its long and if she is going to have that big of a lower body, well then she'll have to be taller imo to balance her appearance out. If she is going to remain with short hair, then her body needs to look slimmer and leaner to fit better.

People generally play games to escape the boring world of average looking people and settings/tasks so they need a reality where they can be big, beautiful, handsome, strong, adventurous, skilled, etc. I think that's the goal of most video games. I think you can do it by what I've seen so far.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Left4Joker View Post
    @Dizzy this is awesome, we should post this at the front page of the portal :D
    Dizzy is mulambo's Avatar ? wait Left4joker is this is the same awesome Dizzy we all know from Mugen Archive sense when did Dizzy became SUPER GOD Coder for Mugen Going test this game NOW

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by A x ◿ View Post
    Thank you really much for your comment, I'm glad you liked and considered it PSX-worthy.
    Your review really enlightens me, so I'm really grateful for your time spent in testing my game and your kind words.

Yes, the budget was extremely low: 100$ (considering the amount of food, coffees and electricity). :D

The font, yeah, I should have changed it, but I couldn't find a easy way to (I'll wait for Elecbyte to include direct .ttf compatibility, that could increase creativity in quick and low-budget projects... as told before: I was "on the run", serial producing, quantity-oriented production, etc.).
    There are also other aspects which I couldn't modify easily due to engine limits (example: the sewer stage could have needed some splash or cool reflection effect which any retro 90's game can provide).

Female characters. I know. We are used to extra-sexy characters like B-Jenet, Christie Monteiro and such... and we (all males) would like to control extra-sexy females. But in reality, we must deal with the fact that:
    - usually female fighters are not that "sexy"
    - female people with large breasts usually don't engage themselves in fighting, to not waste their beauty (and biological function of mammary glands). good looking women usually prefer a career as models, actresses, etc. not certainly fighters.
    - there are actually 2 female characters in game
    As regards females, we all have been brainwashed by the game industry, imho. :D

yes you're right, good videogames tend to propose stereotypes of greatness, but those are game which are meant to be sold, MUGEN is free. so all my game follows my free will. it's not accurate, I know, not perfect. but I'm still happy about the result, thinking it was a 1 month individual game.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGamer View Post
    Dizzy is mulambo's Avatar ?
    Uhm.. don't know what this means, but I think that Left4Joker meant to tell Dizzy the admin to promote the game in front page (that could be interesting, honestly. :) ). My avatar is actually called "Zeke", is a sort of alter-ego inspired by the ShyBoy of Nintendo games.
    Going test this game NOW
    Have fun! ;)
    Last edited by mulambo; 18th November 2016 at 12:01.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mulambo View Post
    Thank you really much for your comment, I'm glad you liked and considered it PSX-worthy.
    Your review really enlightens me, so I'm really grateful for your time spent in testing my game and your kind words.

Yes, the budget was extremely low: 100$ (considering the amount of food, coffees and electricity). :D

The font, yeah, I should have changed it, but I couldn't find a easy way to (I'll wait for Elecbyte to include direct .ttf compatibility, that could increase creativity in quick and low-budget projects... as told before: I was "on the run", serial producing, quantity-oriented production, etc.).
    There are also other aspects which I couldn't modify easily due to engine limits (example: the sewer stage could have needed some splash or cool reflection effect which any retro 90's game can provide).

Female characters. I know. We are used to extra-sexy characters like B-Jenet, Christie Monteiro and such... and we (all males) would like to control extra-sexy females. But in reality, we must deal with the fact that:
    - usually female fighters are not that "sexy"
    - female people with large breasts usually don't engage themselves in fighting, to not waste their beauty (and biological function of mammary glands). good looking women usually prefer a career as models, actresses, etc. not certainly fighters.
    - there are actually 2 female characters in game
    As regards females, we all have been brainwashed by the game industry, imho. :D

yes you're right, good videogames tend to propose stereotypes of greatness, but those are game which are meant to be sold, MUGEN is free. so all my game follows my free will. it's not accurate, I know, not perfect. but I'm still happy about the result, thinking it was a 1 month individual game.

Uhm.. don't know what this means, but I think that Left4Joker meant to tell Dizzy the admin to promote the game in front page (that could be interesting, honestly. :) ). My avatar is actually called "Zeke", is a sort of alter-ego inspired by the ShyBoy of Nintendo games.
    Have fun! ;)
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh okay hahah they way he worded his sentense confuse this old man hahah. Im sorry for teh misunderstanding ahaha.

Uploads
    Comments

Dizzy is mulambo's Avatar ? wait Left4joker is this is the same awesome Dizzy we all know from Mugen Archive sense when did Dizzy became SUPER GOD Coder for Mugen Going test this game NOW
    You got yourself confused my friend XD
    I marked Dizzy so she could instruct me on how we could get Mulambo's work on the front page XD

Quote Originally Posted by A x ◿ View Post
    Just played your original game!
    I could not get past the first character,
    Use the Ninja, he is the best character XD

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Left4Joker View Post
    You got yourself confused my friend XD
    I marked Dizzy so she could instruct me on how we could get Mulambo's work on the front page XD
    yeah Im sooo sorry my mistake hahah old man lost his mind ahahahahahahahah

Uploads
    Comments

yes, I must admit my english is like spaghetti. pretty much confused, but tasty. :D

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

yes, I must admit my english is like spaghetti. pretty much confused, but tasty. :D
    Indeed love your spaghetti ahaha

- - - Updated - - -

well I am stage and screen pack creator. I never knew you have so mush great talent. you Kinda remind of good friend of my from Italy. he work every day never have time for anything until he started making sprite digital artwork for many mugen community and he was also was part of the Scruffy Dragon team back old days when mugen was still at its peek when the program was in linux and hack window version of winmugen. now he final wanted to work with me to make a stages base off his hometown in Italy. His name is Heka, but after I look at your work I can see you put a lot hard work into it. I notices your using the older engine of winmugen technology. you shuold think about making your full game over the mugen 1.0 and 1.1.Younger Mugen Fans use the Newer Mugen Software these day and my friend did the same thing with his project as a Sprite Digital
    Last edited by OldGamer; 18th November 2016 at 13:54.

Uploads
    Comments

I know Heka, honestly I quitted contacts with him but I still remember him as well other people from the Italian scene.
    yeah I know I should use "newer" mugen versions but I just like it the way it is, feels pretty old but I don't care about the youngsters. I'm younger than them all, inside, even if I use a older operative system. :D
    Linux. Yup I love that system. I would run it full time if it wasn't for my USB connection (almost all the software I use are Linux-based software like Gimp, Blender, MyPaint, Inkscape... ). But XP is still my favourite, no matter what the "contemporary" age has to offer (I don't even need or want a smartphone, just to let you imagine my archaic mindset). It's just the best OS I've ever tried, it's "retired" but I think it's all just a commercial cospiracy to make coders invent new "brilliant" systems (which will reveal themselves more resources-consuming year by year). :D

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Hey Mulambo. I made a video gameplay of your full game for all my 280 subscribers to know about your awesome video game. I went and posted your website and the download link to your game and also I give them a full detail of your name everyone to know :D and let them about your super awesome game and by the way I beat the game at 8 high setting and speed 2 :D

Uploads
    Comments

Hey Mulambo. I made a video gameplay of your full game for all my 280 subscribers to know about your awesome video game. I went and posted your website and the download link to your game and also I give them a full detail of your name everyone to know :D and let them about your super awesome game and by the way I beat the game at 8 high setting and speed 2 :D
    maaaan, I owe you one. :) thaanks

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

maaaan, I owe you one. :) thaanks
    Hey Np Np also just case if anyone think that your game is hard think agian XD this way this video wiil show a old man at age of 57 beat your game in high setting XD. I love your game so mush man. also I thought I was only person that used blender XD and I made a screen pack called Crusader Cast Tournament and I made the city animation that I made from scratch by using blender as well. But I had no Idea that blender was around for very long time and the funny thing is I just discover blender this year when I was making my Crusader Cast Screen Pack. after fully understand you game off back. I just love your game so mush :) as creator to another you my friend did awesome job :D and its is the very very first mugen in 3d originality :D. this is not just fan game its more than that Its pure Independent game for short Inde game :D

Here my Crusader cast tournament screen pack I made by using blender I made the main menu for screen pack and other tool for my screen pack :)

one thing for sure Mulambo is that this old man I have not learn how to making and coding a character. but soon I will learn to make my own character from scratch real soon :D this old man do love your work and someday I will make character in 3d as well for the mugen software :D
    Last edited by OldGamer; 18th November 2016 at 21:27.

Uploads
    Comments

well, yes, the game is not unbeatable, I said it is hella difficult because it is: it's difficult if you play it with the intention of "playing" it, exploring combos, discovering any character moveset then choosing the right one, focusing on story, etc.

of course it's also a game designed for those who just want to beat the game, disregarding creativity in fighting and preferring a more boring but effective approach.

you can smash the same button or creatively chain different combos and still win, that's the balance I wanted in this game.

anyway you beat the game, that's true... but Kaonom did actually give you a lesson twice :D (Kaonom is actually the anagram of "Koan" and "Om" ... buddhist principles). you just unlocked this info achievement by beating him :D

it would be really nice to make another video that can show different characters and play more with the variety of gameplay elements (even if you don't actually beat the game or "succeeding".. just having fun with it). :)
    Last edited by mulambo; 18th November 2016 at 21:46.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

well, yes, the game is not unbeatable, I said it is hella difficult because it is: it's difficult if you play it with the intention of "playing" it, exploring combos, discovering any character moveset then choosing the right one, focusing on story, etc.

of course it's also a game designed for those who just want to beat the game, disregarding creativity in fighting and preferring a more boring but effective approach.

you can smash the same button or creatively chain different combos and still win, that's the balance I wanted in this game.

anyway you beat the game, that's true... but Kaonom did actually give you a lesson twice :D (Kaonom is actually the anagram of "Koan" and "Om" ... buddhist principles).

anyway thanks again, I really didn't expect somebody making a video of my game and I couldn't make one for hardware unability of mine.
    YEAH HAHA. but also another good fighter is Latka. if you not to careful she do her max 3000. but I was surprise that she did not instant kill me with a final blow but she did got me with her down,down foward,forward Y special move when my heath was at 1/2 percent