UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default What do you need to make a MUGEN character?

(Apologies in advance if I screwed up and posted this to the wrong forum, I'm completely new to this stuff)
    I've been a fan of MUGEN for a bit now, and always wondered what goes into making a character, whether from scratch or porting over a character. If anyone could give a run-down on how either of these work, I'd really appreciate it

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What do you need to make a MUGEN character?

I'm sorry if i am unhelpful or if i don't understand your question.
    As far as i know, you of course need Fighter Factory to make characters, not just that though, you may need to be good at sprite art or if there's some character that is not MUGENized yet, you can just find their sprites and make a character of them. For example, someone will notice that there's no Lopmon from Digimon in MUGEN and someone who plays Digimon games will search for Lopmon sprites and make a Lopmon character in MUGEN, though as far as i know, the only fighting Digimon game Lopmon appears in is the Battle Spirit games which are not very popular from what i know. (Eh, i am already happy that there's a Terriermon character, he's my favorite Digimon so, seeing him is good enough.)
    It may not be very easy if you're a beginner, but Elecbyte made a tutorial of it which might help you.
    http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/tutorial1.html (old though, i am not sure if it's still used but i hope it may help you)
    If that didn't help, there's Infinite MUGEN article.
    https://www.infinitymugenteam.com/infinity.wiki/mediawiki/index.php?title=Character_Creation_Tutorial
    If that didn't help either, i am sorry. And if posting links to other MUGEN sites is against the rules, tell me so, i can edit this post.

I hope this answered your question. If no, i hope someone else knows, i am not too experienced, but i try.
    Current Profile Picture: Gomamon X (Digimon)
    Gomamon Nanaya

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What do you need to make a MUGEN character?

Thanks, this basically answered everything I needed to know. If I ever get the time I'll try giving this a go. Also, never though I'd see the day where I meet someone who knows about Battle Spirit, I used to play that all the time back in the day.