UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Why do you love MUGEN?

MUGEN has a lot of fans obviously, people who are experienced with it still love and probably play it, but people who are new to it want to know more about it.

I love MUGEN because i can have over like 100 characters and plus, not to forget i can make a character from some fighting game fight some other character from some other different fighting game which is pretty awesome, honestly. And plus, i can have over 100 stages too and that's amazing as well, stages make MUGEN more fun. And not to forget Fighter Factory, you can add your own portraits if some character you like has a unfitting portrait, portrait you don't like or no portrait in general, Fighter Factory is an awesome tool.

What about you? Why do you love playing MUGEN? Is it because of the characters, stages, music or something else? Say your reasons.
    Marching Knives.
    Gomamon Nanaya (Gomamon and Shiki Nanaya)

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Why do you love MUGEN?

I'm guessing the endless amount of edgelords, waifus, joke edits, nulls & the customization of the engine is what made me love Mugen.

(And of course, the creation of Zorrigan.)

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ZEGA ZONIC View Post
    I'm guessing the endless amount of edgelords, waifus, joke edits, nulls & the customization of the engine is what made me love Mugen.

(And of course, the creation of Zorrigan.)
    Same, it's so weird yet amazing how all of these things can fit in just one engine.

Want edgy characters? We have them.
    Want kid characters? Yeah, we have them too.
    Want God characters? Yup, we have that too!
    Want non serious characters? We have that too!
    Want fighting game characters? We have tons of that, pick what you want.
    Want characters from some anime or show? We have that too. (especially if some show or anime doesn't have a lot of fighting game spin-offs or has no fighting game in general, someone will find a way to make a MUGEN version of a character from show/anime)
    Want characters from some of your favorite cartoons? Yup, we have that too.
    Want characters of famous history people like H**ler and S**lin? We have them too.
    But that's not all, MUGEN has a lot, a lot of characters.

Sometimes, MUGEN may not have EVERYONE you want, but it still can satisfy you in some ways. It has a lot of characters, enough to make 200 people happy.
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

I found out about MUGEN through SaltyBet, it was a fun way to pass the time and I thought it was a neat albeit niche concept. Eventually someone I knew was hosting their own MUGEN tournaments ala SaltyBet style where people just send in the characters and it's AI vs AI (OP/Cheap characters got DQd) and I thought that was honestly such a fun time, 24 people just cheering on for 2 AIs to fight while they've submitted their fav characters. In the end they stopped doing that due to personal issues and I took up the mantle, now hosting MUGEN tournaments every now and then for my friends.

Also really like the diversity in characters, obviously. There's so much to pick from it's great.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    I found out about MUGEN through SaltyBet, it was a fun way to pass the time and I thought it was a neat albeit niche concept. Eventually someone I knew was hosting their own MUGEN tournaments ala SaltyBet style where people just send in the characters and it's AI vs AI (OP/Cheap characters got DQd) and I thought that was honestly such a fun time, 24 people just cheering on for 2 AIs to fight while they've submitted their fav characters. In the end they stopped doing that due to personal issues and I took up the mantle, now hosting MUGEN tournaments every now and then for my friends.

Also really like the diversity in characters, obviously. There's so much to pick from it's great.
    SaltyBet matches are AI vs AI? I never knew that since i never been to SaltyBet, but i always thought it was a player fighting against AI, i did know that it was about betting who will win, you don't have to use real money though thankfully.
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

I fell in love with MUGEN a really long time ago. I would watch videos of people playing it, and was blown away at the crazy characters and attacks in it. I just had to try it out for myself, and eventually I did. I'd say my favorite thing about MUGEN is how many options are available to both players and creators. As a player, there are hundreds of thousands of different characters, stages, screenpacks, and more that can be easily added to your game to create the craziest crossover ever. And for creators, MUGEN characters offer so many options that basically anything is possible. From standard fighters, to platforming stages, creators have a vast amount of freedom. Not to mention how wonderful and user-friendly Fighter Factory is.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Gomamon Nanaya View Post
    SaltyBet matches are AI vs AI? I never knew that since i never been to SaltyBet, but i always thought it was a player fighting against AI, i did know that it was about betting who will win, you don't have to use real money though thankfully.
    We should have our own AI tournament.

Uploads
    Comments

Hmm, thanks for reminding me, i'd like a tournament option in MUGEN too, since there are few fighting games that have tournament mode...

Or is it really necessary? I am just being ungrateful, i am happy with MUGEN already, it's great and i appreciate it despite its flaws.
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

They're fun for sure, I host one every week or two, it's a nice way to spend an evening with friends.

Yea, it's AI vs AI, on top of that SaltyBet also has their own tier system based on how many wins/losses a character has in a tier, so that you generally get pretty balanced matches. It's some super nifty stuff.

Uploads
    Comments

Aw man lemme tell you, it’s one of the best fighting games I’ve ever played because you can make ALMOST any irl person or fictional character fight against each other, it’s fun to do, you can’t to that in most other fighting games (in my knowledge). You kind of can in sm4sh and smash ultimate by adding mii fighters but sometimes they can’t be accurate.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Inkpayemonlay View Post
    Aw man lemme tell you, it’s one of the best fighting games I’ve ever played because you can make ALMOST any irl person or fictional character fight against each other, it’s fun to do, you can’t to that in most other fighting games (in my knowledge). You kind of can in sm4sh and smash ultimate by adding mii fighters but sometimes they can’t be accurate.
    Sorry if i'm being a smart*ss or if i am annoying you, but isn't MUGEN an engine, not a game? Since you can add all characters and stages you want, i see it more as an engine itself than a game, but it's fun though. Everyone has different perspectives, i guess.

I do agree that it's pretty awesome, as someone who loves fighting games but also loves crossovers, i always had fun playing MUGEN.
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

Sorry if i'm being a smart*ss or if i am annoying you, but isn't MUGEN an engine, not a game? Since you can add all characters and stages you want, i see it more as an engine itself than a game, but it's fun though. Everyone has different perspectives, i guess.

I do agree that it's pretty awesome, as someone who loves fighting games but also loves crossovers, i always had fun playing MUGEN.
    Oh yea I remembered that it is an engine by seeing your reply. Yes I’ve heard that it’s an engine but I’ve never really put that into consideration, so I just called it a game. Thank you for the correction.

- - - Updated - - -

Characters and stages + quasi-balance if you know where to look. I think my corny collections of screenshots answer the question perfectly.

Uploads
    Comments

Why do I love MUGEN!? In what other game can you pit Thomas the Tank Engine and Baldi against Squidward and Peter Griffin? Other than that, the game hold beuatiful stages with their own animations and lets you add in music tracks. This game is basically a playground (and batleground) for your imagination. The possibilities may truly be endless, and that's why I love MUGEN, for it supports your dreams. It means "infinite" in Japanese for a reason, after all.

Uploads
    Comments

The huge amount of customization is what got me into it.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by NiceBoyMk7 View Post
    Why do I love MUGEN!? In what other game can you pit Thomas the Tank Engine and Baldi against Squidward and Peter Griffin? Other than that, the game hold beuatiful stages with their own animations and lets you add in music tracks. This game is basically a playground (and batleground) for your imagination. The possibilities may truly be endless, and that's why I love MUGEN, for it supports your dreams. It means "infinite" in Japanese for a reason, after all.
    Exactly. I also love how easy it is to add characters in MUGEN, especially if you have VSelect. You don't actually need to be extremely skilled with codes or anything, just write a character's name correctly and they will be added to the roster. Lifebars and screenpacks are the other story, though it depends on how good you are, but to be honest, i love MUGEN because where else will you see Sol fighting Kyo, where else will you see Yashiro and Sion (yes, i am talking about Sion and not Shion, if you don't know about her, Sion is a girl from Melty Blood series) and Liu Kang and Bugs Bunny fighting, where else will you see Chuck Norris defeating Rugal, Orochi, Igniz and Magaki alone? Where? Nowhere else (unless if we count game editors, but not every game editor seems to be easy, or i may be wrong, i didn't try everything), only MUGEN lets you do these things, you use your imagination and, here, you have your own game. It's really awesome. And i also love how simple MUGEN is, you only have to download MUGEN.exe or you can download a screenpack if you want, and then, just add characters and stages. Plus, Fighter Factory makes the game even more fun. (after all, i think Fighter Factory is the only tool where you can create characters, stages, screenpacks etc) Also, sorry if my examples sounded a bit silly or weird.
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

I love MUGEN because I can create whatever I want with the characters and settings I want with an infinite range of possibilities for anime characters (especially Dragon Ball and Naruto)

Uploads
    Comments

Tbh i like it because of street fighter which is basically my favourite game because of how i can bring the game to life again and numerous times !!

Uploads
    Comments

Simple because you can put two characters you love to fight

Uploads
    Comments

I love it because its genre is fighting and I love fighting games.