UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Games that don't have a lot of love but you still like and enjoy them

What are some games that don't have a lot of love or not a lot of people like them but you still like and enjoy playing them?

For me, i like Digimon Rumble Arena 2, it's a fun game, though i kinda wish it had some of Data Squad Digimon... But at least it had Biyomon, Tentomon, Gomamon and Palmon (which weren't playable in the prequel as far as i know) which is cool, Gomamon is my favorite Digimon so, seeing him is awesome. I don't know why they didn't add some Digimon like Renamon, Terriermon and Impmon, but nonetheless, i still liked the game since i love Digimon. Can't complain though, BlackGuilmon and other Black Digimon were cool, i myself like Black Digimon, even if they may seem like recolors.

I like King of Fighters '96, it's one of my favorite KOF games, and also, i know that it had Leopold Goenitz, who ripped out Rugal's right eye. Koko desu ka? Koko desu ka? Koko desu ka? Okay, sorry for giving you nightmares if you have ever played '96, '98UM, PS2 version of 2002 or 2002UM since these are the only KOF games i know that Goenitz appears in as a boss you can fight.

And i liked Mortal Kombat Armageddon, i do dislike that it didn't have fatalities, but i still liked the game despite all of its flaws. Quality over quantity though i guess, it did have a lot of characters, but maybe it would have more fans if the characters had fatalities.
    Gomamon, Joe Kido's Digimon partner.

(Gomamon is a character from Digimon series. My username is obviously based on him.)

(Note: I accept friend requests if you ever want to be friends with me. If no, that's okay, i can't be friends with everyone.)

Note: If i spam some of your posts with Awards, it's a sign that i think you're a cool and friendly person. Sorry if i am a creepy person and if i am bothering you in some way.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Games that don't have a lot of love but you still like and enjoy them

Tokidensho: Angel Eyes (1996, PSX):
    It's a really good obscure fighting game made by Tecmo before DoA started to be released for the arcades, it's very fast paced with a really good action-packed combo system. it's my personal-fav.
    MUGEN Blog
    ~In the area since V/VI/MMIII (05/06/2003)~

W.I.P:

undecided.

FC2 Video
    Twitter: @j121_mugen
    Patreon

Uploads
    Comments

Thumb up Re: Games that don't have a lot of love but you still like and enjoy them

Go Vacation

It's a ridiculously high-effort Wii and Switch game where you visit four different vacation resorts, walk, skate and ride around them, and play minigames (and design your own vacation home). I'm never going to get over how much effort was put into this game.

Default Re: Games that don't have a lot of love but you still like and enjoy them

Time to reveal myself as a total nerd! My pick is a turn-based RPG called Aidyn Chronicles for the N64...
    What never heard of the game? Can't blame ya as it was released at the end of the N64's lifespan with the Gamecube & PS2 nearing international releases.
    Most people who have played the game tend to take issue with it, it's often criticized for awful framerate, slow & diligent gameplay(made slower by said framerate), dark & muddy visuals making it difficult to see(which bothers me as well), & a few game-crashing bugs(along with Sholeh, one of the recruit-able characters, being neglected from a debugging standpoint)
    Despite it's reception, I find myself liking this game even back then as a wee lad. Unlike Quest64(a game that I find to be a test patience due to artificial difficulty), I can see real effort was put into this game even if it is obscured by the problems mentioned above.
    Last edited by Proud of Ragequittin; May 15, 2020 at 15:20.

Uploads
    Comments

Chaos Code: There's something about this game that always make me play it. Also the OST is pretty good IMO
    Red Earth: To this day I'm still like playing it despite being a really short game. I just like the characters, story, art and world.

Uploads
    Comments

i play BFDIA 5b, a game that cary and michael never finished after bfdia got cancelled, i have the 5b swf and the levels txt and i have made custom levels

Uploads
    Comments

unreal tournament 3: very good fast pased futuristic fps,no much people like them because they said is the characters models are ugly,but im dont care about characters design,only i want to kill and kill enemys characters in deathmatch.

clay fighters 2: is the most serious clay fighter game in the series,hoppy stage has tanks and blood in the floor,blob has a postapocaliptic destroyed city stage,gogo as a stage of babys aparently arrested,an the game i think the game is less colorful compared to the others and not happy ost like clay fighters 1.

Uploads
    Comments

Pen Pen TriIcelon got mostly mixed reviews, but I quite like it for what it is and is one of my favorites of the Dreamcast launch lineup.
    And it sure is a better foot racing game than Sonic R.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PenPen_DC_JP_Box_Front.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	606.5 KB 
ID:	7028

Same with Plasma Sword: Nightmare of Bilstein (though this one wasn't a launch title). I miss when Capcom used to experiment with fighters like these.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71iPXP-IZxL._AC_SX569_.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	7029
    "Demon Prince...Kiavala!"

Uploads
    Comments

lure and metal gear survive of which was destroyed by fake reviewers spreading miss information resaulting in the game having very little player base. multiplayer now takes 30 minutes to an hour to find a match but atleast it still has an amazing story mode and solo online missions . i used to like fallout 76 before the wastelanders update like seriously a 2 month grind for a set of armor not happening lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gomamon View Post
    And i liked Mortal Kombat Armageddon, i do dislike that it didn't have fatalities, but i still liked the game despite all of its flaws. Quality over quantity though i guess, it did have a lot of characters, but maybe it would have more fans if the characters had fatalities.
    YES that game was amazing and very well done. i really like the custom fatalities though lol

discord Vogel#7401.

Uploads
    Comments

There are quite a few for me, but I'll start off with power stone. I think power stone is one of the better casual focused fighting games, and it needs more love. I also really like the Klonoa series, such a great series of games yet it has very little attention (I still blame Namco's "great" marketing for the series). I like how Klonoa's games function, they're 2.5d or 2d platformers (depending on what game you're playing) where you play as Klonoa and use your wind ring to grab enemies. You can throw and double jump off of grabbed enemies and the whole game is designed around using this ability, which I like for it's uniqueness . Another Platformer series that is severely underrated is the Azure Striker Gunvolt games. In the mainline games you play as gunvolt, and the game uses a run and gun style of gameplay, except for the fact that guns to minimal damage. The "gun" functions as a tag type of move where you tag the opponent by shooting them with a dart, then you can use the flashfield ability to zap any enemies tagged by the darts. The series has very fun and fast paced gameplay and is very unique. It's also made by Inti Creates who made the Megaman Zero games as well as Megaman 9 and 10.

Uploads
    Comments

Full Auto and Blood Drive. Combat racing games are easily forgotten, but despite being old, these 2 were never popular. I still play both solo, multiplayer is dead these days.

Uploads
    Comments

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.
    It's one of my favorite Switch games of all time.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by scopica View Post
    Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle.
    It's one of my favorite Switch games of all time.
    Rabbids! Thanks for reminding me of that game, i remember seeing some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Rabbids crossover game somewhere, even though i never played it, the game seemed fun. I forgot Rabbids were a thing.

(Gomamon is a character from Digimon series. My username is obviously based on him.)

(Note: I accept friend requests if you ever want to be friends with me. If no, that's okay, i can't be friends with everyone.)

Note: If i spam some of your posts with Awards, it's a sign that i think you're a cool and friendly person. Sorry if i am a creepy person and if i am bothering you in some way.

Uploads
    Comments

Probably Sonic '06, it's one of my favorite games I've played in the last 8 years, the gameplay is fun and engaging, and the multiplayer is the best multiplayer a sonic game has ever had.

Uploads
    Comments

I never see much talk about Rabi-Ribi at all. Then again, Not like I really pay attention. Still I enjoy the heck out of that game.

Uploads
    Comments

Sakura Wars

Uploads
    Comments

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon has some mixed reviews, but boy is it a great game. Yeah the gameplay is not super deep, but the story and the characters are so good.

Uploads
    Comments

eu adoro Digimon Rumble Arena 2

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Chamusco View Post
    eu adoro Digimon Rumble Arena 2
    Despite the fact that it doesn't have Terriermon, Renamon, Impmon and other Digimon characters, i actually enjoyed Rumble Arena 2. Hey, at least it had my favorite Digimon, Gomamon so, i enjoyed it! And plus, Black Digimon were cool as hell too.

Uploads
    Comments

I have to admit, I love Final Fantasy 13. I always thought the gameplay was interesting in the way they presented the job system. The story is good ,even if it is flawed at some points, and the characters are likeable and somewhat relatable for the most part. Even if you don't like the game, it always has that fantastic soundtrack.