UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Shippings You Dislike/Don't Like/Hate and Reasons Why You Do

EDITED: Added some more shippings i don't like/hate.

I guess this belongs here since this forum is about fandoms/series/shows/games/books/etc.

What are some shippings you dislike, don't like or hate? Is there a reason why you do dislike or hate them? Is it because they don't make sense or something else? Discuss. They don't have to be popular shippings.

Shippings i dislike and why: (Sorry if you're offended by shippings i dislike)
    1. Tai x Kari from Digimon Adventure (Sorry everyone, but i don't like i[censored]est)
    2. Matt x T.K. also from Digimon Adventure (Read above)
    3. Veemon x Gatomon from Digimon Adventure 02 (I never understood how this shipping got popular, but maybe because everyone ships Davis and Kari, i guess)
    4. Guilmon x Renamon from Digimon Tamers (I don't think this shipping makes much sense, Guilmon is childish and Renamon is mature so, these two can't really have a serious conversation or even 'love' each other)
    5. Koji x Koichi from Digimon Frontier (Same as Tai and Kari, even if they have different last names and are not brothers by blood, it still feels wrong to me for some reason)
    6. Koji/Takuya x Tommy from Digimon Frontier (Isn't it a bit weird to ship some teen/adult character with a kid?)
    7. Marcus x Keenan from Digimon Data Squad (Trust me, i saw some people said that they ship these two, it's a weird shipping)
    8. Rika x Ryo from Digimon Tamers (I do NOT hate this shipping, but it kind of doesn't make much sense to me, Rika was kind and sometimes nice to Takato few times but wasn't she always rude to Ryo from what i remember? From what i know, since she is a tsundere character in my opinion, Rika was sometimes kind and friendly but only sometimes to Takato and Henry, especially in the later episodes, but she was never friendly or happy in front of Ryo)
    9. K' x Kula from King of Fighters (I don't know why, i like these two as teammates/friends, but i don't think that 'romance' or love between these two would work, correct me if i'm wrong, in KOF 2000, Kula was Anti-K' so, i guess she was K's former enemy and now they're 'friends' though almost everyone in KOF annoys K')
    10. Kyo x Mai/Athena or any other girl from King of Fighters (Doesn't Kyo have Yuki, his girlfriend? Even though she doesn't appear much, but for some reason, shipping Kyo with other KOF girl doesn't make much sense to me, i am sorry if that angers or offends you)
    11. Sub-Zero x Kitana from Mortal Kombat (If i'm right, i think that Kitana has feelings for Liu Kang and doesn't 'love' or like Sub-Zero, the only similarity i know between two is that they're both blue, but i don't believe the romance/love between these two would work)

I apologize if i offended you or anyone else with my opinions.
    What shippings do you dislike, don't like or hate? Why do you dislike them, don't like them or hate them? Feel free to talk. I know that i don't like i[censored]cest and p[censored]philia shippings and shippings that don't really make sense, but i'm interested in your opinion too.
    Last edited by Gomamon Nanaya; 4th May 2020 at 14:11.
    Current Profile Picture: Gomamon from Digimon disguised as Shiki Nanaya from Melty Blood
    Gomamon Nanaya

Also, sorry if my profile pic looks cringeworthy, i am honestly trash at drawing fanart, although i like how this one turned out.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Shippings You Dislike/Don't Like/Hate and Reasons Why You Do

I'm not a shipper dude, but there's 3 that I dislike

1-IoriXAthena: Doesn't make sense and the way how is written in alot of KOF Fanfics is just terrible.
    2-K'XKula: Their interactions in the games are more like Big Brother and Little Sister more than romantic
    3-BatmanxBatgirl from Batman The Animated Series: Worst thing about Batman TAS easily, also makes Bruce and Barbara look bad equally.

Uploads
    Comments

Not really a shipping but something I found by accident, and it's Cloud and Tifa being the parents of Chris from Sonic, apparently Chris is also Morrigan and Lilith's godson and godnephew.
    I already feel dumber for writting this.

Uploads
    Comments

Ryu X anyone - Wouldn't giving Ryu a "love interest" defeat the ENTIRE point of his character (mostly amounting to "traveling because karate")?

Greninja X Delphox - A rehash of a pairing from the Pokemon anime amourshipping, featuring one of the mon's i hate immensely greninja. They can't even breed, Ash is dumber than a box of rocks, and Serena's just a rabid fangirl, so what's the point of it?
    Last edited by Kenna the Kitsune; 4th April 2020 at 22:16.
    My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - 3/8 stages completed; 4/10 characters completed

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Kenna the Kitsune View Post
    Ryu X anyone - Wouldn't giving Ryu a "love interest" defeat the ENTIRE point of his character (mostly amounting to "traveling because karate")?
    To be honest, i think that most of fighting game ships don't make much sense anyway. No, i do not hate romance, but i don't think all that "OMG, I LOVE YOU" and "Two characters are in love with each other" nonsense fits in fighting games really. I mean... It's a fighting game, not a game about romance, love etc.
    Current Profile Picture: Gomamon from Digimon disguised as Shiki Nanaya from Melty Blood
    Gomamon Nanaya

Also, sorry if my profile pic looks cringeworthy, i am honestly trash at drawing fanart, although i like how this one turned out.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Gomamon Nanaya View Post
    To be honest, i think that most of fighting game ships don't make much sense anyway. No, i do not hate romance, but i don't think all that "OMG, I LOVE YOU" and "Two characters are in love with each other" nonsense fits in fighting games really. I mean... It's a fighting game, not a game about romance, love etc.
    True.

Uploads
    Comments

Shinji x Kaworu
    and Nico x Maki
    They are just both overrated trash.
    Also, Sonic X Tails and Sonic x "Donut Guy" (I forgot his actual name but he's the Earth man who was friends with Sonic in the 2020 Sonic movie).
    The former being straight up pedophilia and the latter being SJW bestiality garbage.
    Last edited by TheWhiteDevil27; 6th April 2020 at 02:25.
    The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555
    PPVS2 Username: Signum
    Trakt.tv account: https://trakt.tv/users/thewhitedevil27
    Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/TheWhiteDevil27/