UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Question Mysterious Pokemon Facts

This thread will be used to discuss mysterious pokemon facts.Anyone is free to share their own facts with the other people of course . For starters,heres a fact.Yesterday,i woke up early to go with my dad to our second car´s annual inspection.I ate got dressed up and set off to the big city.After around 30 minutes we arrived there.We had to wait for our turn for a few more minutes though. I got bored while waiting so i took my Gameboy Color off my pocket.Pokemon Gold Version was inside.I started playing and i checked my pokedex.After a few clicks i noticed that i didn´t have Jigglypuff yet.Funny thing is when i closed my pokedex i noticed that my last save was on the gate that leads directly to the place where Jigglypuff can be caught.(Maybe i was planning on capturing it before,i kind of remember saving somewhere else tough) After walking a little i saw Jigglypuff and the battle started.Since my team consisted of three lvl40 pokemon a lvl 13 pokemon and a lvl 20 pokemon,i decided to use my Drowzee.After my first attempt to put Jigglypuff to sleep i failed,and Jigglypuff put ME to sleep.A turn later it used sing again.Nothing happened since Drowzee was already asleep.After it woke up i tried to use Hypnosis but i failed. Jigglypuff then used sing again.In all the turns i was asleep i selected Hyponis so that i could cacth it right away.Drowzee woke up and i finally used Hypnosis. I used 2 of my 10 pokeballs.Jigglypuff woke up and used the move Struggle.i thought: Jigglypuff is only lvl 3, how can it have 2 attacks? The battle continued. After Jigglypuff used Struggle, i used Disable.It worked.Jigglypuff used Sing.It failed.I then used Disable again.It worked again.Since Jigglypuff was completely defenseless i took the turn to put it to sleep once again.It worked.3 pokeballs later i had caught Jigglypuff.I named it Singer.I went to the nearest Pokemon Center.Which was Cherrygroove´s.I went to check my newly caught Jigglypuff and checked it´s stats.Apparently,it was a little weaker than the Jigglypuff i have in my Blue Version. I then looked at the moves.I then saw that in fact,it DIDN´T have the move Struggle that it previously used in the battle against my lvl 20 Drowzee. I then said to myself: What the? How did Jigglypuff use Struggle if it doesn´t even have such move? That is the end of this story. What do you think about this? Do you have a fact of your own? Write it down!

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Mysterious Pokemon Facts

I rate your bad creepypasta 7/10, only because it doesn't have Slenderman or another of his ripoffs.

Struggle is used when a Pokemon doesn't have any PP left for any of its other moves. Check it out on Bulbapedia.

Uploads
    Comments

Since we're solving mysteries, maybe you can solve this: Everyone I've heard discuss it talk about how terrifyingly-difficult Whitney's Miltank is. I had no problem with that boss with my decently leveled Feraligatr (may have been Croconaw). How about you guys?

Uploads
    Comments

My mysterious fact:

I grown up. Pokémon didn't do it.
    And, sometimes, wishes than somebody make with Pokemon like Alan Moore did with Watchmen...

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Trieweaver View Post
    Since we're solving mysteries, maybe you can solve this: Everyone I've heard discuss it talk about how terrifyingly-difficult Whitney's Miltank is. I had no problem with that boss with my decently levelled Feraligatr (may have been Croconaw). How about you guys?
    The main problem with Whitney's Miltank is hers rollout (Who is a rock move) and hers PV. Feraligatr (and by extension his evolutions) bypass theses constraints by having no weakness w/ rock type and by having high attack.
    I like to play videosgames and explode them after. What did you except from a creeper ?

Reviving an post be like: https://youtu.be/hihEhsdwiIk

Uploads
    Comments

aba are gold

Uploads
    Comments

lol all pokemon have struggle.

Uploads
    Comments

Here's an interesting one for you. Although Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon and Cascoon haven't got any legs, they can still participate in the Pokémon Jump minigame playable in Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald [via the Wireless Adaptor].

And have another. If you possess a level 1 Rattata with Endeavor and a move that strikes first, holding the Focus Sash, you can defeat almost any Pokémon. One must select to use endeavor. The opponent's attack will reduce Rattata to 1HP. Endeavor reduces the opponent's HP to that of the user, and Focus Sash prevents the holder from fainting in one hit- one time only.
    Simply use the first-strike move after, and it's an easy victory.
    Won't work if your opponent is a ghost or a Shedinja though, or if there's hail or a sandstorm happening.

Uploads
    Comments

I did not know that about the Rattata

Uploads
    Comments

Maybe this might help, at some point post game in Pokemon FireRed or LeafGreen, you might encounter Entei or Raikou somewhere in tall grass. However, if they use roar, it actually glitches the game in a way where their existence is actually erased from the game entirely.

Uploads
    Comments

I got another few.

In Gen3, the roaming legendaries all have dreadful "IVs", data values determining the Pokémon's growth potential. It's a bug in the programming, can't remember how or why.

There are 256 slots that can be used to encounter Pokémon in generation 1 and 2. The values range from 00 to FF. In Gen1, there are 151 slots for real Pokémon, with the other 105 being glitches. In Gen2, 251 of those slots are real Pokémon, one of the slots is for the Egg [which is also a glitch Pokémon in itself when battled in the wild], and the remaining 4 are glitches, all named ?????, yet differing in moveset and stats.

"Missingno" is a name often wrongly given to all glitch Pokémon, when really the only Missingno Pokémon are the ones the game CALLS Missingno.

Uploads
    Comments

didn't know any of this,tahnks

Uploads
    Comments

I was a glitch hunter in my teenage years, I like to think I know my stuff.

Uploads
    Comments

There is also Bulbapedia, who have a exhaustive (?) list of bugs and glitches from all generations.
    I like to play videosgames and explode them after. What did you except from a creeper ?

Reviving an post be like: https://youtu.be/hihEhsdwiIk

Uploads
    Comments

The Pokemon war was a catastrophe of huge proportions and hundreds died

Uploads
    Comments

?????????? (Decamark) is a thing.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ten_question_marks

It's probably the most interesting Glitch pokemon to me, even more than MissingNo. itself.

My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

Current PFP: crazy ingrid and edgy krystal

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - Someone managed to make my demo actually salvagable!
    Kenny - I dunno why i'm editing that character lul

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1Yena View Post
    Here's an interesting one for you. Although Metapod, Kakuna, Silcoon and Cascoon haven't got any legs, they can still participate in the Pokémon Jump minigame playable in Fire Red, Leaf Green and Emerald [via the Wireless Adaptor].
    That's actually how they move around. At least Silcoon and Cascoon do. They hop around because they have no legs to walk.

Uploads
    Comments

The fact that Nidorina and Nidoqueen are in the Undiscovered egg group has always baffled me.
    The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555
    PPVS2 Username: Signum
    Trakt.tv account: https://trakt.tv/users/thewhitedevil27
    Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/TheWhiteDevil27/

Uploads
    Comments

fun fact gen one crit is based on speed stat and if you use toxic and leach seed on the same pokemon leach seed uses the damage values for toxic for some reason also all moves have a small chance to miss in gen one