UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Characters you actually like/love that almost everyone hates

Just curious.
    What's some character/What are some characters in fiction (game, TV show, book, anime, manga, etc) that almost everyone hates or not a lot of people love/like, but you actually love or like them and feel like you're the only one who does?

If this is in the wrong forum, i hope it can be moved.

If i have to answer, i actually like Marcus Damon from Digimon Data Squad, i see some of his flaws but i still like him nonetheless, Chris is my favorite King of Fighters character and i honestly like Shiki Tohno from Tsukihime/Melty Blood.
    Maybe in your opinion, these characters are popular or well-liked, but i don't really know, i only met FEW people who like the following characters i've mentioned.

So, is there some character or some characters that you like that almost everyone hates? Say their name, and tell me what game/show/book/etc they are from.
    Current Profile Picture: Gomamon from Digimon disguised as Shiki Nanaya from Melty Blood
    Gomamon Nanaya

Also, sorry if my profile pic looks cringeworthy, i am honestly trash at drawing fanart, although i like how this one turned out.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Characters you actually like/love that almost everyone hates

Usually I don't care about how liked or disliked a character is because I just don't care about it, anyway let's try it.
    I have no other proof of Bobby Nelson being disliked than comments on YouTube saying things like "it's the worst of them all, it's out of place, it's the one I like least" but I like him.
    https://mugenarchive.com/forums/down...-nelson-shimon
    Last edited by I'm the Worst; 27th January 2020 at 16:08.

Uploads
    Comments

Chris Thorndyke. Yes, the way he acted in episodes 50-51 of Sonic X was extremely selfish. However, his need for parental comfort,that I can relate to sometimes. He didn't even have a brother or sister. He's really hated by the Sonic Fandom, yet creeps like Amy Rose are loved? Nonsense.

Uploads
    Comments

Shinn Asuka from Gundam SEED Destiny, the Vanilluxe evolutionary line from Pokemon, Kira Yamato from Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny, Bloom from Winx Club, Meiling Li from Cardcaptor Sakura, and Nico Yazawa from Love Live! School Idol Project
    The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555
    PPVS2 Username: Signum
    Trakt.tv account: https://trakt.tv/users/thewhitedevil27
    Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/TheWhiteDevil27/

Uploads
    Comments

Ryuji Yamazaki in kof2002, I often use him in 2004 when I was playing kof2002 in my school's library and internet cafe. Several of the people dislike Ryuji Yamazaki and they like Billy Kane which I don't understand why until I knew about the "Tier List" then only I understand
    Last edited by tehdevil; 29th January 2020 at 16:27.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Hsojasfkaia762 View Post
    Chris Thorndyke. Yes, the way he acted in episodes 50-51 of Sonic X was extremely selfish. However, his need for parental comfort,that I can relate to sometimes. He didn't even have a brother or sister. He's really hated by the Sonic Fandom, yet creeps like Amy Rose are loved? Nonsense.
    I don't think its because how he acted , it's because how useless and "just there" he was. he didn't really serve any purpose except when he saved sonic. he was also annoying.

Uploads
    Comments

I like Anakin (ep 2 and 3), Minako Arisato and archie sonic characters (Sally, Antony, etc). I never knew why they were so hated.

Uploads
    Comments

Most of the "criticism" delphox gets is mostly whining over the fact it's not a tsundere moeblob like braixen so i guess that kinda counts.
    My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - 3/8 stages completed; 4/10 characters completed

New Pac-Man. That is, in Pac-Man Party not the weird cartoon.

Uploads
    Comments

Stryker from Mortal Kombat.

I hope by some astronomically small chance he ends up in MK11 as DLC.

Uploads
    Comments

"Akainu" Sakazuki from One Piece.

Well, he killed one of the most beloved character in the series, but he's got one of my favorite devil fruit and doesn't like the actions that world government do to keep its system working.

Uploads
    Comments

This is pushing the definition of "characters" a bit, but the battle droids from the Star Wars prequels. I find them incredibly charming and pitiable, and the only major issue I have with them is really just how there's so little SW media going into them in more depth. My all-time favorite Star Wars story is about one of them that goes rogue after being destroyed and rebuilt countless times, even though if he leaves the army he will soon run out of power and be stranded, asleep likely until he corrodes and dies for good. He eventually gets found and fixed up by some farmers years and years later, so it ends happily enough, but I've just always found his actions to be deeply inspiring.

Uploads
    Comments

simisage, simisear and simipour

Uploads
    Comments

Ingrid from Street Fighter: I can understand the hate of her from being a lame mary sue goddess. But saying she doesn't fit because she is"Too anime" Doesn't make sense. Especially because SF has been anime since SF Alpha and she really isn't that different from Karin design wise. If anything I wish Capcom made a new Ingrid with a different backstory like they did with Ruby Heart that would fit well in SF and using the original Mary Sue Goddess only in crossovers, kinda like what SNK did with Athena Asamiya and Goddess Athena.

Ash Crimson from KOF: He was more interesting than K' and the new green haired guy from KOF XIV IMO. Sure it was a weird move from SNK's part to make a very dislikeable main character. But I ended up finding Ash's troll main char role far more insteresting as you really didn't know what he was going to do in the next game. On the other hand I wish he stayed dead and only came back in a dream match.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mortos View Post
    Ash Crimson from KOF: He was more interesting than K' and the new green haired guy from KOF XIV IMO. Sure it was a weird move from SNK's part to make a very dislikeable main character. But I ended up finding Ash's troll main char role far more insteresting as you really didn't know what he was going to do in the next game. On the other hand I wish he stayed dead and only came back in a dream match.
    Thank you. I thought i was the only one who liked Ash from King of Fighters.
    Current Profile Picture: Gomamon from Digimon disguised as Shiki Nanaya from Melty Blood
    Gomamon Nanaya

Also, sorry if my profile pic looks cringeworthy, i am honestly trash at drawing fanart, although i like how this one turned out.

Uploads
    Comments

I find interesting the Watatsuki sisters from towhow

Uploads
    Comments

I actually really don't mind Nameless from KOF2002UM, I like him more than K9999 and definitely not as infringing.

Pyrrha from Soul Calibur V wasn't great, still slightly above her douchebag brother Patroklos, since she at least didn't MURDER SOMEONE IN COLD BLOOD all because they were accused of being a Malfested (Dear lord, SCV's plot was some STUPID nonsense even by fighting game plot standards, shame since the plot of Soul Calibur was fine up to that point, no wonder VI rebooted the plot to take place/be a retelling of SC1)
    Last edited by Manji Ranger Kiavala; 20th March 2020 at 08:00.
    "The Devilish Prince of Darkness, Kiavala."

Uploads
    Comments

Sasquatch, being the only darkstalker I actually like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mortos View Post
    Ingrid from Street Fighter: I can understand the hate of her from being a lame mary sue goddess. But saying she doesn't fit because she is"Too anime" Doesn't make sense. Especially because SF has been anime since SF Alpha and she really isn't that different from Karin design wise. If anything I wish Capcom made a new Ingrid with a different backstory like they did with Ruby Heart that would fit well in SF and using the original Mary Sue Goddess only in crossovers, kinda like what SNK did with Athena Asamiya and Goddess Athena.

Huh, I never heard about the Ingrid being too anime thing, they should look at everybody else then.
    Anyway, if she ever gets a 3d model she probably will look like any other character, there is not any law to her looking anime forever, I think.

Uploads
    Comments

This is a very hard question for me to answer due to me somewhat being out of the loop on the public perception on certain characters. If I had to pick one character, I would say I love Cooler from DBZ. I especially prefer his 4th form over 5th form, which I KNOW is an unpopular opinion. I see some people say that Cooler was just a worse Frieza who didn't have a sliver of originality. I like his design, his voice, his confidence, and his personality WAYYY more than Frieza. I like the idea of Cooler being more calculated, so I dislike the 5th form just a tad bit more due to it making him look less like Mewtwo and more like a Brolyesque brute.

Uploads
    Comments

Im fairly certain that almost everyone likes Cooler and that the only problem with him for people is that he's to much like Freeza in certain aspects or does similar things as him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucariade View Post
    This is a very hard question for me to answer due to me somewhat being out of the loop on the public perception on certain characters. If I had to pick one character, I would say I love Cooler from DBZ. I especially prefer his 4th form over 5th form, which I KNOW is an unpopular opinion. I see some people say that Cooler was just a worse Frieza who didn't have a sliver of originality. I like his design, his voice, his confidence, and his personality WAYYY more than Frieza. I like the idea of Cooler being more calculated, so I dislike the 5th form just a tad bit more due to it making him look less like Mewtwo and more like a Brolyesque brute.
    Im fairly certain that almost everyone likes Cooler and that the only problem with him for people is that he's to much like Freeza in certain aspects or does similar things as him.