UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default What do you like AND dislike about MUGEN?

EDITED:

If a thread like this was already made, then this thread can be closed or something like that.

What do you like and/or dislike about MUGEN?

For me, i like that you can add pretty much every character you want, there's lots of characters to download and cool stages too.
    For example, you can create a MUGEN game where Digimon and Pokemon fight each other. (I love Digimon, even though i am not a fan of Pokemon, i had to use that as an example since they're mostly both mentioned due to being similar and both having monsters)
    You can create a game where King of Fighters characters fight Street Fighter characters.
    Guilty Gear vs Melty Blood... Etc etc etc. I really like crossovers and because of that, i enjoy playing MUGEN.
    And i also like that how in some fighting games (for example, KOF XI and some of MK games) that don't have a Player vs CPU mode, you can fight them in MUGEN instead. That's what i always liked, in some awesome fighting games you can't fight against CPU but in MUGEN, anyone can fight anyone. Sorry if this makes no sense.

Dislikes:
    There's not much i dislike about MUGEN honestly. But if i have to say, i don't really like it when some character you download has only one move, or just few moves. It's not very fun, but i guess Fighter Factory can help you with that. And i never minded strong/cheap AI, some of them can make fights fun, unless if they spam the same move over and over and defeat you quickly.

What about you? Say what do you like and dislike about MUGEN.
    Last edited by Gomamon Nanaya; 29th February 2020 at 18:42.
    Gomamon and Shiki Nanaya

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What do you like AND dislike about MUGEN?

the variety of choices of characters are wild
    you can have custom music,stages, and OC characters
    Dislikes:
    If its a specific character you want that the archive doesnt have you have to wait until someone makes them or learn how to do it yourself

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TJLoyd View Post
    If its a specific character you want that the archive doesnt have you have to wait until someone makes them or learn how to do it yourself
    True, but at least there are some threads for requesting a character you want to be made. Though sometimes, you can make characters yourself, not everyone is going to do everything for you. (sorry if that sounded rude)
    Gomamon and Shiki Nanaya

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dhegul488 View Post
    True, but at least there are some threads for requesting a character you want to be made. Though sometimes, you can make characters yourself, not everyone is going to do everything for you. (sorry if that sounded rude)
    Its not rude. I understand where you're speaking from but it may be more complicated for others to make the character they want so they just wait until someone else does. and I'm sorry if that seemed rude as well.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TJLoyd View Post
    Its not rude. I understand where you're speaking from but it may be more complicated for others to make the character they want so they just wait until someone else does. and I'm sorry if that seemed rude as well.
    Yeah, some other people are more experienced with creating characters so, they might be able to help if someone wants some character that's not made in MUGEN yet.
    Gomamon and Shiki Nanaya

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dhegul488 View Post
    Yeah, some other people are more experienced with creating characters so, they might be able to help if someone wants some character that's not made in MUGEN yet.
    You right. You right

Uploads
    Comments

Like: Free of Charge (most important ), able to add and create any characters and stages I like that suit my taste
    Dislike: Random crash/shut down without error message (Dos Mugen is quite flawless), difficult to plan roster at times

Uploads
    Comments

Like: The fact that the game can practically last you forever. There will always be new content coming out.
    Dislikes: Purgatory Glitches and crashes out of nowhere,

Like: Loads of content, from source-accurate, edited, custom and original

Dislike: Complicated setup and sturgeon's law.

My MUGEN Website (Under reconstruction): https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Keke Satan - Gonna restart using Sol Badguy from GG1 as a base. Need to realign most sprites.

Uploads
    Comments

Dislikes: Random crashes

Uploads
    Comments

Like: Just the fact of the sheer amount of content it has
    Dislike: the fact that stages are more finicky than characters when it comes to adding them in.

Uploads
    Comments

Like: How many different characters and stages you can play on

Dislike: Lurker rank so I can't expand my roster.

Uploads
    Comments

Like: The community. And there's an endless supply of characters to add.

Dislike: The community. And there's an ridiculously high number of characters to add.

Uploads
    Comments

Like: I really like the fact there are endless possibilites to the roster and that most have the same height (i personally like the smaller anime-like ones)
    I like that everything is sorted by categories, anime, maps, sounds, etc. by genre.
    I like that people helps other people in this community (not saying that every other community doesnt) and gives a detailed explanation. I dont like those crappy replies like "go search it yourself."
    I like the different titles like "Lurker", "Certified Badass", "Administrator".

Dislike: Not that much actually. I mean some people upload the same characters that has the same moves. I say upload because I dont want to offend people that just happen to just have the same moves but in a different color or something.

Uploads
    Comments

Likes: Characters with good/strong AI, Fighter Factory's Palette Editing & some good people in the Mugen Community like @kater15, @Dizzy and @TheWhiteDevil27.

Dislikes: Donald edits and characters with AI that makes them insane & unbeatable!
    Current Waifu:
    Sailor Pluto.

What am I doing?
    Nothing much.

My YouTube page:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...EoFI0AzL9x0Uig

Uploads
    Comments

Like: Being able to play as my favorite characters from games and anime

Dislike: Honestly im not really sure because i haven't been playing for that long

Uploads
    Comments

Likes: A Balanced set of characters (decent AI based on level difficulty & with proper fighting game mechanics)/rosters (big for me is too unnecessary), experimenting combos for chars i like to play, obscure characters being converted & learning programming from tutorials/docs (plus the mechanics from various fighting games).
    Dislikes: Broken characters (r18 agressors, null chars, cheap/broken AI, overpower etc.. there's a chance where EFZ chars are edited into null-type/cheapie chars), generic/uninspired chars with many generic/overcopied moves, self-inserts, characters converted by people with little to no experience in fighting game mechanics, bad code & plagiarism.
    Last edited by Jansen121; 8th March 2020 at 01:28.
    Undecided signature.
    MUGEN Blog
    ~In the area since V/VI/MMIII (05/06/2003)~

W.I.P:

Chars:

Aselia (Eien no Aselia)

my first "improved" char i will make after i study all mugen references (studied only stage basics/animation (except reserved char sprites) ).

Stages:

Snowy Forest (Tekken Advance)
    Comic Market/Comiket (QoH '99 SE)

FC2 Video
    Twitter: @j121_mugen
    Patreon

Uploads
    Comments

personally I dislike the way that many characters are really complete and could be made much better. I understand that many of them are made by novice coders but it just really upsets me when I get a character I really want to play and they just aren't very good. what I like about it though is the fact that I can basically put whoever I want in the game thanks to this website.

The customizability - You can have any character fighting any character, you can be fighting anywhere. I also like the ability to change how the menus and selection screens look.

It's a fighting game - I've been wanting to get better with fighting game for a while, and I find MUGEN fun to play, so win-win.

Dislikes:

Changing Controls - I don't know why, but I find it difficult to find a control setup for my keyboard that sits comfortably with me. I'm sure it would be an easy fix, but it still bothers me.

Broken Characters - Now when I say 'Broken' Characters, I don't mean Meme Characters. I mean the types of characters that don't work in-game. Usually it's a character that I wanna use as well.

Can't find some characters - It sucks when sometimes you just can't find a certain character that you wanna fight with. You either have to wait for someone else to come up with that character or learn how to make it yourself. I kinda do wanna learn how to make characters but I don't really know where to start.

Uploads
    Comments

I like the customizability of mugen and how it lets me pit any character from fighting games against another, and I dislike one hit ko characters, cheap characters, and the annoying monotonous installation of every character and stage.