UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: A x ◿ - MUGEN WORKS IN PROGRESS - FULL GAMES

Your work looks great . Do you plan on adding Mysterio to your Marvel character edits? He is my favorite spider man villain

Quote Originally Posted by KOFm.user View Post
    Your work looks great . Do you plan on adding Mysterio to your Marvel character edits? He is my favorite spider man villain
    I did actually have a personal list of Spider-man villains I would like to do if I'm not completely burned out by all these games. This is my list and status or plans for them...

* Venom - Current WIP

* Lizard - TAS Remake

* Mysterio - Omega Red base

* Dr.Octopus - E.Honda base + Raiden/Big Bear base (fatal fury)

* Vulture - scrufydragon version

* Sandman - Edit of Loganir's version (human form)

* Green Goblin - New original Edit *undecided*

Quote Originally Posted by A x ◿ View Post
    I did actually have a personal list of Spider-man villains I would like to do if I'm not completely burned out by all these games. This is my list and status or plans for them...

* Venom - Current WIP

* Lizard - TAS Remake

* Mysterio - Omega Red base

* Dr.Octopus - E.Honda base + Raiden/Big Bear base (fatal fury)

* Vulture - scrufydragon version

* Sandman - Edit of Loganir's version (human form)

* Green Goblin - New original Edit *undecided*
    I like this list, Good luck and I hope you get great results.

Uploads
    Comments

Nice Sprites. I Know you weren't a good creator back then but I still LOVE your sprites. Keep the good work on man.
    WANNA HAV A BAD TOM?!?!?!!??!?!

Uploads
    Comments

This exploit in your spider-man is just.... wow...
    https://youtu.be/Lw2bsM6x54M
    I'm doing okay.

More active here: https://twitter.com/FlareGamer64

Uploads
    Comments

Nice point @mulambo. That reminds me a Mechwarriors ingame chat:
    p1: I Hate this map!
    p2: Or the map hates you. =P

Dunno, how. But creating and recreating sprites like that plus new posses and effects really take huge time.
    Believe me. Every project for me spend free time moments also night high hours to achieve 1 or 2 new sprites posses.
    What i'm talking about? I'm understand and i apreciate Ax's projects that i wish success on them.

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Platanos View Post
    Nice point @mulambo. That reminds me a Mechwarriors ingame chat:
    p1: I Hate this map!
    p2: Or the map hates you. =P

Dunno, how. But creating and recreating sprites like that plus new posses and effects really take huge time.
    Believe me. Every project for me spend free time moments also night high hours to achieve 1 or 2 new sprites posses.
    What i'm talking about? I'm understand and i apreciate Ax's projects that i wish success on them.
    Well, if Editing takes more time, I guess by scratch takes a lot less because editing just means taking some sprites, chopping them off then connect each part and make it look like somebody else than the original artist drew the sprite. That's double of the work, actually: because you have to think with the original artist's mind and then modify it and it would be really difficult because the original artists knows what to do, an editor doesn't know what to do as much as the original spriter so he just have to "guess" how to make a good-looking char. First results of original art can disappoint the beginner, but as the practice goes on it will be automated and "perfectioned". Original sprites are better because they show more than just a mechanical way to portray the human body: best example : Kim Kaphwam (and I'm refering to the "waves" of his legs in some attacks).

So, unfortunely, there is no way to make a good sprite if not originally. All the other attempts are a clear sing of stylistic parasitims. This is just my point of view. No surprise some people loudly explained that "yeah we steal sprites! yeah!!!1". But, hey, at least they're honest about it. But, believe me this time, it would take maybe more time at first, but more fun in the whole process, (for no success in the end because most people don't care about it XD).

So, I actually know why people make such characters. Some of them make the characters for the fans, some for friends, some others for the final result. Some of them don't even complete the chars, giving up when they don't get enough feedback by the supposed "fans". Whatever their reason is, they don't often like making them (that's why they often complain about "how much time they spend". What the hell, if you like what you do, time goes by unobserved!). Or probably they do, instead, I can't tell.

But I can also understand that many people just want to make their dream game with originally existing char. In fact, I'd make an edit of Rolento, but just the code and the animations of it, without touching the sprites. Because, in SFA3 for example, he's not that strong. I mean: why not giving him some guns, missiles, satellite rays hyper and some good combos. In all the games I've known Rolento just jumps, throw knives from predictable positions and rolls. Somebody must make a good version of him.
    Last edited by mulambo; Sep 08, 2017 at 12:47.

Oh thanks for the support/encouragement. Making mugen isn't fun at all, I don't think it ever is in my personal opinion. It's satisfying when completing something and achieving a dream come true but I stand by making mugen being horrible because you sit in a room with poor ventilation and in the dark, hunched over while stressing your back and flattening your butt for hours and being forced to stare at a glowing computer screen for hours while developing carpal-tunnel while balancing work, going to the bathroom, eating and sleeping....mugen making is hell.....

Playing mugen is awesome, and for a creator playing mugen it's heavenly since you know your fighter inside out.

As for spriting VS franknenspriting,

I say either can be difficult or easy depending on what you are doing. In my opinion editing MK sprites is super easy despite there being more colors and details in the characters than MvC types. I can knock out Mk characters way faster than I can MvC. I've sone some scratch work spriting and it isn't so bad. Again it all comes down to what you are gonna do. Either can be hard or easy.

BTW in case anyone missed it I'm on a little break of just relaxing. I'm in contact with another creator in regards to Venom. I refined a base and he said he likes it. I'm gonna brainstorm a moveset for Venom and hopefully we'll get to completing Venom. After Venom it'll be Kang The Conquerer and then MvA will be complete!!!! XD

Uploads
    Comments

Looks awesome! Hope for the best man, They look great so far!

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by A x ◿ View Post
    In my opinion editing MK sprites is super easy despite there being more colors and details
    Well you can easy edit the palette of a photographic/rendered sprite by messing around with HSL settings instead that color by color. But the settings must be specific: the only difficulty is to change all CMYK values, one by one.

Uploads
    Comments

As a tokusatsu fan, all I care about is Green Ranger lmao
    But to be fair, I also like Darth Vader, Sega and Comic Book characters, and I really like to see that you don't give a f about what people say about your work, MUGEN should be open to everyone do what they want to do, it's sad that a lot of people quit MUGEN because of stupid people who think they are SO awesome they can humiliate people for having fun with something they made themselves (even more when they humiliate people just because they did a character that a lot of people want and they didn't, like the way people treat Chuchoryu and Beto, this last one almost quit MUGEN after spending 5 years making Juspion). Wish to see more of your work soon Ax, peace!

Uploads
    Comments

I can't wait!

Uploads
    Comments

Those sprites look so good.

Uploads
    Comments

nice work

Amazing!

Uploads
    Comments

Looks amazing great work on all the sprites it can't imagine the time and effort that has gone into all this work. Thanks for creating awsome free content. Modders/developers that create things just for their love of creating deserve more credit. I know many games that would be considered borderline up playable with out dedicated fans.

Uploads
    Comments

Awesome works

Uploads
    Comments

A random message sent me here and good grief...

Uploads
    Comments

Good stuff!

Uploads
    Comments

I really like that nail it looks awesome

@CycloneJoker,

Right on, right on! I've been thinking about taking up that green ranger wip again? I remember zvitor made the same cyclop base character that totally got passed up because of loganir and verz's version. Perhaps I could use that other cyclops base to finish up the green ranger? He only needs some more basiocs and a probable special attack+hypers.
    @epicherooftime96,

It really was years of work and too much work I don't care to ever redo. I never look to be recognized for anything of this; as I've stated in the past recognition always goes to people's heads and artist are the worst type of people period. The best I always hope for is people liking what was created and them enjoying it, that's all. But thanks just the same. I hope to bring you and the others other nice stuff in the future ;)
    @Lssjgaming,

That Nail is part of the fan based story DragonBallMultiverse free online web comic. He is the Namkian's combined effort to defeat Frieza in an alternate timeline where the Nameks of Namek all fused together in order to stop Frieza and his men. The character isn't much bigger than Piccolo but in the comics he's twice his size practically! In mugen he's going to be incredibly tall, not exactly a giant but really big and towering over piccolo. He has some spectacular and original moves that is going to make Piccolo in general pale in comparison. He and the Grand kai are going to be some of the best DBZ characters for mugen period for what i have in store for them. I can't personally wait to get them done and released. They are gonna be too awesome!