UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Is it the "CvSNK: Millennium Fight 2000 PRO" character select screen "possible"?

Hi, i commented here on the forum that the classic Capcom vs SNK from the PSX was one of my favorite fighting games ever, and one of the reasons why i remember it so fondly is that GORGEOUS character select screen.

https://youtu.be/L7Z1t3OPt-w?t=52

I was wondering, tho: is it "possible" to be done on MUGEN? It looks fairly complex, but... maybe?

Of course, i could try to work on it, but first i'd like to know if, like i said, it's possible to do it.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Is it the "CvSNK: Millennium Fight 2000 PRO" character select screen "possible"?

I don't think that's possible, looks like mugen only supports flat select screens, judging by what is avaliable.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Is it the "CvSNK: Millennium Fight 2000 PRO" character select screen "possible"?

I don't think all of it would be possible not without extreme overhalling every character portrait. Even then I think you would only end up with something kinda sorta like that it would not be exact.

Uploads
    Comments

It's possible, add the selection screen in the character's portrait. If you only want one row then it will be quick but making 3 rows can take you a while since you have to make a copy of every character for all permutations. For example:

Ryu (First):

1.- Dan, Sakura, Dhalsim...
    2.- Ryu, Ken, Chun-li....
    3.- Vega, Sagat, Balrog...

Ryu (second):

1.- Sakura, Dhalsim, Cammy...

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by max_caulfield View Post
    It's possible, add the selection screen in the character's portrait. If you only want one row then it will be quick but making 3 rows can take you a while since you have to make a copy of every character for all permutations. For example:

Ryu (First):

1.- Dan, Sakura, Dhalsim...

Ryu (second):

1.- Sakura, Dhalsim, Cammy...
    I think i get what you mean, but it would probably not scroll, right? Not complaining, tho, it would still look really interesting, just asking really.

EDIT: Nevermind, i think i got a better glimpse of what that would be like watching a video of "X-Men: 2nd Coming", the character select screen looks a lot like the sort of thing i'd need to do.

http://youtube;CefzGIWol9I

So, what do now? I guess i'll download the game and check its files with Fighter Factory.

Is it okay if i keep this thread with updates? Like, if i make any progress.
    Last edited by BrendaMarzipan; 12th November 2019 at 02:45.

Uploads
    Comments

Right you got it , also thanks for reminding me about that game I need to track it down again that was a fun one.