UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Unpopular Opinions

I don't know anything about Jojo and I don't care about it.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
    I don't know anything about Jojo and I don't care about it.
    The anime/manga series, right? If so, same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jansen121 View Post
    BBTAG sucks *** (for me)
    Hmm, i don't play BlazBlue, but isn't that a popular opinion since a lot of people dislike that game? Sorry if this comment is annoying.
    Marching Knives.
    Gomamon Nanaya (Gomamon and Shiki Nanaya)

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Gomamon Nanaya View Post
    The anime/manga series, right? If so, same.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, i don't play BlazBlue, but isn't that a popular opinion since a lot of people dislike that game? Sorry if this comment is annoying.
    It's a game with mixed reviews (both positive/negative), for me it's basically BlazBlue's downhill.
    you can see it's flaws here: https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wik...oss_Tag_Battle
    MUGEN Blog
    ~In the area since V/VI/MMIII (05/06/2003)~

W.I.P:

undecided.

FC2 Video
    Twitter: @j121_mugen
    Patreon

Uploads
    Comments

It's a game with mixed reviews (both positive/negative), for me it's basically BlazBlue's downhill.
    you can see it's flaws here: https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wik...oss_Tag_Battle
    What can I say to that besides: oof.

Uploads
    Comments

Ah, i see. I know that i saw more negative reviews, though i heard the previous BlazBlue games are good. Well, i love Guilty Gear so, it's nice to see something similar to it, i guess.
    Marching Knives.

Uploads
    Comments

Dead or Alive > Tekken, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat gameplaywise

There you have one :P
    @Jansen121
    I rly don't see where Soul Calibur > DoA is an unpopular opinion. Imo Soul Calibur has the much bigger hype and establishment than DoA in the Beat em Up world.

Massive video game opinion of mine.

I hope Disney literally owning Marvel means MvC will no longer get games or be officially continued. I hope Children of the Atom or Marvel Super Heroes can get modern fighting game treatments instead. I really liked Super Heroes' Infinity Gem system.

Uploads
    Comments

Neon Genesis Evangelion and all Gainax anime are absolute junk.
    This fecal stain of an animation studio absolutely DESTROYED anime with their pretentious, badly-written series filled with half-assed themes and symbolism.
    "Demon Prince...Kiavala!"

Uploads
    Comments

i have an unpopular opinion to share.... LJN is NOT the worst Video Game Company...

Uploads
    Comments

Star Wars was never that good or deep, just had loyal fans and an expanded Universe that put more detail into material than the original author. Yeah I went there

A very unpopular opinion that, while most people would disagree, I think even MORE people probably won't even know what I'm talking about.

I think the 4Kids dub of the Shaman King anime is the best version of Shaman King's story to ever be told. Better than the uncut Funimation dub, better than the original Japanese version, and even better than the manga's original story.

Is it flawed? Yes. It's by no means perfect, but after going through all versions of the Shaman King story... none have quite hooked me like the 4Kids dub of all things.

Granted, it might be because of nostalgia -- the 4Kids dub was my first anime ever, and even though I don't really watch anime anymore, I find myself going back to that dub. I definitely think it's one of their best. Namely cause, even though the obvious omissions are made such as most Japanese culture (surprisingly plenty of it still remains intact to a degree) and plenty of the violence and blood, a large chunk of things are still kept intact.

For instance, a lot of the guns are kept as straight guns. Yes, some are changed to colorful vacuum cleaners and they all fire blasts of light, but plenty of them are still designed as actual friggin' revolvers. Plus, a few characters that die.... actually die! There's dark themes in the original Japanese anime, of course, but they don't really omit them from the dub. There's a ton of character deaths in the original anime and a good chunk of them are maintained in the 4Kids dub. Only one of those deaths is even mentioned as "banished to another dimension" in the dub, and even though they're all "destroyed", that's the same as dead.

There's a flashback scene where the main character's parents and grandparents discuss that, since the protag's mom is giving birth to twins, and one of the twins is an evil reincarnation, they need to kill the evil twin as a defenseless baby. But since they don't know which baby is the evil one, they come to the grim realization that, in order to protect humanity for the next 500 years, they need to sacrifice BOTH infants moments after they are born. It doesn't work, because then the series wouldn't happen if the villain died, but damn... they straight up were about to kill some babies. Like, full on admit, in the dub, "we must send them to the spirit world". Yeah that's pretty tame still, but... I can only think of a few other instances in other 4Kids dubs where characters would straight die, and I can't even name a single time other than this show where infanticide was attempted.

When characters die, they stay dead. And I mean it. There's a few spirits that get brutally devoured, there's an evil demonic shaman character who gets brutally murdered by the villain in the final few episodes. Like, I can't remember if he gets torn in half, or eaten, or burned alive, but he gets brutalized and we witness it (to a degree).

For what it was, I can say I enjoyed it. I mean, obviously it's much darker in the original Japanese anime. There's blood, and much darker tones. Characters will get impaled (only one character that dies in the dub is impaled, the rest are just... like... "unseen mortal wounds"), shot, obliterated... I mean the main villain gets sliced in half in both the sub and dub versions, which is epic. But yeah, I was more interested in the dub than the original. And while the manga is MUCH MUCH MUCH more brutal than the anime ever was (jesus christ the manga is f'd up), I was... less satisfied by the story as a whole. I much more preferred the anime, since the anime deviated from the manga due to it still being in publication at the time of broadcasting.

I like the anime original characters and storylines, I like the resolution much more, even if the ending is a cliffhanger (in the manga, a Shaman King is decided on, but in the anime, it ends before the second round can resume). It's a painfully unpopular opinion as far as I know but I stick by it.
    Creator of the Legacy Age of Heroes MvC2 Arrange Character-Conversion Project! Also known as Legacy, Legacy Age, or Legacy Re:Birth!

Uploads
    Comments

087-B I Stan with you sir!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	460120_screenshots_20170804145442_1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	412.9 KB 
ID:	6738

Uploads
    Comments

Anime is gæ

I'm joking, LOL.
    I like the Latin American Spanish dub of Dragon Ball Z Kai. I know guys, they are not THE original voices of Goku & co, but they didn't do a bad job.
    Last edited by Procrastinator; 10th May 2020 at 05:35.

Uploads
    Comments

Demon Slayer ain't a bad series, ppl overly hate on it bc of it's popularity

Actually, this applies to basically every new and popular series, ppl hate bc they forget most of the mediocre aspects of their fav animes and mangas from the past, as well as wanting to seem cool and different for going against the popular opinion.

Uploads
    Comments

The Office isn't funny. I tried to enjoy it but I couldn't. Didn't even crack a smile.

Uploads
    Comments

Final Fantasy remake is trash and rushed

Uploads
    Comments

I have no idea if this is unpopular or not:
    In my opinion, 2019 was way better than 2020. (Not to forget 2019 was the year i got into Guilty Gear, MB, Tsukihime and played Plus-DISC and KT too and also when i got into MK too) 2020 is an alright year, but this Coronavirus stuff makes me sad, a lot of people are dying, we have to wear masks, from what i know, in 2019 and before 2019, you could go outside safely and you didn't have to wear masks to protect yourself. Really, 2019 in my opinion was an awesome year, it had its flaws too, but i liked it more than 2020. (though to be honest, the times when Black Plague/Black Death existed were definitely harsh too so, it's not like 2020 is the only year people died, sorry for the bad comparison or if my argument didn't make sense)

Sorry if i am bragging or talking nonsense.
    Tl;dr: 2019>>>2020.
    Marching Knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomamon Nanaya View Post
    I have no idea if this is unpopular or not:
    In my opinion, 2019 was way better than 2020. (Not to forget 2019 was the year i got into Guilty Gear, MB, Tsukihime and played Plus-DISC and KT too and also when i got into MK too) 2020 is an alright year, but this Coronavirus stuff makes me sad, a lot of people are dying, we have to wear masks, from what i know, in 2019 and before 2019, you could go outside safely and you didn't have to wear masks to protect yourself. Really, 2019 in my opinion was an awesome year, it had its flaws too, but i liked it more than 2020. (though to be honest, the times when Black Plague/Black Death existed were definitely harsh too so, it's not like 2020 is the only year people died, sorry for the bad comparison or if my argument didn't make sense)

Sorry if i am bragging or talking nonsense.
    Tl;dr: 2019>>>2020.
    Oh I 100% agree. I've never wanted to kill myself more than I do now thanks to everything going on in the world. 2019 was way better.
    Creator of the Legacy Age of Heroes MvC2 Arrange Character-Conversion Project! Also known as Legacy, Legacy Age, or Legacy Re:Birth!

Uploads
    Comments

Tupac, Motorhead and David Bowie are garbage.

Uploads
    Comments

Nintendo is anti-consumer, but is excused even though other companies don't get the same benefit (EA, Ubisoft, etc.)