UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Ogb64 View Post
    I have no interest in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
    you monster

Uploads
    Comments

I think smartphones are a waste of money. . .

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/085/290/cdc.jpg
    Last edited by Punchy McKickems; 21st December 2019 at 09:11. Reason: found the picture that fit

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jourmugnad View Post
    I think smartphones are a waste of money. . .

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/085/290/cdc.jpg
    Yes, especially if they're from Apple....

The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555

Uploads
    Comments

I feel that Pokemon is very overrated and always preferred Digimon, though that may be because of the fanboys claiming that Digimon is just a ripoff.

Uploads
    Comments

Jojo is better than Dragon Ball in my unpopular opinion.

Uploads
    Comments

1.1 is better than 1.0 from my unpopular opinion

Uploads
    Comments

An extention to my first post cause it's too big

-DBZ and Naruto are probably my least favorite anime; for other popular anime I prefer Sailor Moon, Fist of the North Star, and (to an extent) Jojo and Seint Seiya over them.

-I like Battle Arena Toshinden over Soulcalibur (see unpopular opinion #5, original post).

-I think Star Wars and Marvel have been run to the ground by Disney and their fanbases.

-In terms of the anime adaptations, Digimon > Pokemon (see unpopular opinion #3, original post).

My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

(Eventual) WIPS:
    none, yet

Uploads
    Comments

Pickled Beets are pretty good, I can't think of anyone else who likes them. . . but they keep getting made so someone else has to eat them besides myself.

I prefer high taxes . . . stuff's gotta get paid for y'know?

I prefer physical copies of things to digital hosted content. Don't get me wrong, I have Steam and I love the convenience, but I always worry about uninstalling games because they can choose to stop hosting those games at any moment at their discretion. Same with TV shows, movies, and books; I have a large library of shows from my youth, and I'm glad for it, because some of them can't be found on any service. I have a weird phobia of losing information to the fog of time and corporate interest, so I have copies of copies; Dvd's storing books in digital that I own in both audio and traditional formats, Digital copies of PSX games alongside their official releases and ripped cd image data, dvds and flash drives full of compressed organized files, et cetera ad nauseam . . .

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jourmugnad View Post
    I prefer physical copies of things to digital hosted content. Don't get me wrong, I have Steam and I love the convenience, but I always worry about uninstalling games because they can choose to stop hosting those games at any moment at their discretion. Same with TV shows, movies, and books; I have a large library of shows from my youth, and I'm glad for it, because some of them can't be found on any service. I have a weird phobia of losing information to the fog of time and corporate interest, so I have copies of copies; Dvd's storing books in digital that I own in both audio and traditional formats, Digital copies of PSX games alongside their official releases and ripped cd image data, dvds and flash drives full of compressed organized files, et cetera ad nauseam . . .
    I agree with this statement.

Uploads
    Comments

EDITED: Added few more opinions and improved grammar. (i hope)
    Warning:LONG POST

Ah, nice, an Unpopular Opinion thread. I don't know why, but i always liked these kind of threads.

1. I like Digimon better than Pokemon. Digimon anime is better, sure. But i know that i enjoy Digimon World DS though i don't really know if Digimon games are better than Pokemon games, since i don't even play Pokemon anymore though i do remember few things about the series.
    2. I think Digimon Data Squad was the last good season of Digimon series. I don't know, Xros and Fusion don't appeal to me.
    3. I like Marcus and he's one of my favorite Digimon protagonists, or if i can say, Digimon Leaders. I don't mind the fact that he doesn't have goggles and punches Digimon, i always thought he was cool.
    4. Similar to the first one, i like King of Fighters series better than Street Fighter. I don't know why, i like to think of KOF as cooler SF.
    5. The King of Fighters XI is my favorite KOF game, i love KOF series and there's a lot of good KOF games but for some reason, XI is my favorite.
    6. I'm not really interested in Fate, i am more of a Tsukihime person. If you like Fate though, that's okay, but i'm a simple guy really, i like unpopular things more than popular.
    7. I love both, cats and dogs. Both have their pros and cons, though i love both to be honest and i don't think either of them are 'bad'.
    8. I like Unpopular Opinion threads.
    9. It might be repetitive, but i prefer Tom and Jerry to Looney Tunes.
    10. I think Tom and Jerry: The Movie wasn't that bad. I also liked that they could talk.
    11. Tom Cat from Tom and Jerry Kids is my favorite version of Tom Cat. He'll always be my favorite character from the show, but i like his Kids version the best for some reason.
    12. I like Shiki Tohno. (Tsukihime character, the one with glasses)
    13. I don't really listen to metal songs, but i think Guilty Gear is amazing.
    14. Even if Touhou may have a lot of girls and i'm a guy, i think Touhou still is a really fun game, coming from someone who's not too keen into bullet hells but Touhou sounded interesting to me almost everytime i heard about it.
    15. I (most of times) like sequels, although at the same time, it depends on how they're done. I don't care if they don't have characters from the prequel.
    16. Mortal Kombat Armageddon is an alright MK game, though yeah, i didn't like the fact that characters didn't have their own Fatalities instead of Kreate-A-Fatality.
    17. Even though i hate Kevin's family members, (except for Kevin and his mother, they are like the only ones i like) i still think Home Alone is a good and classic movie.
    18. It doesn't matter if you're 10, 18, 21, or 50 years old, i think it's always okay to watch cartoons. I mean, they are made to entertain people and i believe they're for all ages, although sometimes, it depends on what cartoon we're talking about.
    Last edited by Dhegul488; 15th January 2020 at 17:55.
    I once had a chihuahua named princess...

Uploads
    Comments

- The Digimon anime majorly jumped the shark with Xros Wars/Fusion.
    - And so did Yu-Gi-Oh! with ZEXAL.
    - My Little Pony (especially Friendship is Magic) is one of my least favorite/most hated TV shows and franchises (animated or otherwise) of all time.
    - Totally Spies is a legitimately good cartoon.
    - I like Tom and Jerry Tales. In fact, it's my favorite TV incarnation of Tom and Jerry.
    - I don't like Funko POPs. I don't get what makes them so attractive to people. Although, I currently own one (the Frozen 2 version of Elsa) and the only reason why I have it is because my mother got it for me as a cheap Christmas gift.

- - - Updated - - -

- I also have a burning hatred towards the popular Nickelodeon animated series, The Loud House.
    - Oh, and I'm actually looking forward to seeing the live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie when it comes out this year despite all of the controversy it has spawned.
    Last edited by TheWhiteDevil27; 9th January 2020 at 05:39.

Mario Galaxy 1 and 3D Land were the last good Mario games. Cannot stand Odyssey, Maker, and 3D World especially.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteDevil27 View Post

- I also have a burning hatred towards the popular Nickelodeon animated series, The Loud House.
    Seeing all the TLH fanart on Deviantart (sorry for mentioning that site), i agree that this is unpopular. I never understood how did it get popular a bit quickly, probably because i never watched it.
    I once had a chihuahua named princess...

Uploads
    Comments

The Saban era of Power Rangers had superior sound effects and design on par with that of like Super Sentai/Super Squadron. The Disney era on the other hand... is putrid and almost unwatchable except for Jungle Fury and RPM. Everything just sounds the same with no distinction what so ever. It's like the series took a giant nose dive after Disney acquired the rights to the franchise. The soundtrack and feeling of the series also is a big no no to me. Everything sounds the same with no distinction at all.

Also, Disney is the one responsible for that horrid Mighty Morphin 2010 revision. They almost killed the franchise, yet everyone in that fandom kisses up to that era due to things like Dino Thunder which in my opinion is completely inferior compared to it's Japanese counter part. I don't care if Tommy Oliver's there, it's still complete putrid to me. RPM however, is completely understandable. It's on a whole other level compared to Go-Onger, it's Japanese counterpart. Ninja Storm > Dino Thunder FTW.

Yes, I understand the Neo Saban era is a terrible one. However, without it, Power Rangers would've been known as that dead kids show. That is something I don't want at all. The original Saban era will always be superior to the Disney and Neo Saban eras in terms of sound design and music that actually differs from the previous season. Sometimes I wish this putrid era never happened due to some buy out that happened in 2001. How things would be better without it...

I forgot about another biggie for me.

My favorite platformer is Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots. It's a low budget cashgrab of a game, but I really like it's simple and clean platforming segments, it's soundtrack, and it does a decent job of mixing challenges up. I'm in love with the concept of the game only taking place in a massive factory, and not being an overwhelming "metriodvania".

My least favorite is the Classic Mega Man series. I was never a big fan of choosing which boss to fight first personally. Some of the Robot Master weaknesses make no sense. And after 11 main games, the dude still cannot crouch, grab ledges, walljump, or aim freely. So limited and stiff.

Uploads
    Comments

I don't like MHA and any anime in general, but I do like Himiko Toga.

I don't like RPG's, but I do like Shining Force 2.
    "あなたが私を信頼するなら、私はあなたを信頼します."

"Anata ga watashi o shinrai surunara, watashi wa anata o shinrai shimasu."

It means, "If you trust me, then I will trust you." Cool right?

Dan Hibiki is the best character in the entire Street Fighter saga, and perhaps all fighting games in the history of the gaming industry

https://i.redd.it/jqimw55qr8f11.jpg

Uploads
    Comments

-Ninja in fiction are painfully overrated. I dislike them nearly as much as Garth Ennis (an infamous comic book writer) dislikes Superheroes.

-I don't get the appeal for Funko Pops. I have quite a few but those are gifts, and even then they're fighting-game related ones.

My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

(Eventual) WIPS:
    none, yet

Uploads
    Comments

Game developers should release their DLC on disk instead of online.
    Last edited by ZEGA ZONIC; 26th February 2020 at 05:53.
    "あなたが私を信頼するなら、私はあなたを信頼します."

"Anata ga watashi o shinrai surunara, watashi wa anata o shinrai shimasu."

It means, "If you trust me, then I will trust you." Cool right?