UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Feature requests

It would be cool if, for existing fighting games, there were separate categories for each character, with the stages/graphics nearby (so if you went to the Street Fighter 2 section, you'd see a section for each character containing every version of that character with any AIs included, a stages section containing all stages with BGMs included, and a graphics section containing lifebars, screenpacks, etc.) instead of having all the characters at once, and everything else spread out around the site. It would make it much easier to build the full roster from a specific game.

Uploads
    Comments

OROCHI

Uploads
    Comments

The option to change account name.

- - - Updated - - -

something to help estimate how many infraction i have and how long will it take to get rid of them.
    thank you

Uploads
    Comments

I made a couple of suggestions here, though it appears I may be getting banned for saying it so idk if it is worth posting, but here is the link :P

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/show...8533#post58533

Also the Discord needs updating and improving in my opinon, perhaps adding more rooms and categories, promoting talking and such. Great work you are doing btw!
    Last edited by Cebix; 29th November 2017 at 04:01.

Is it possible to add something like a "rescan file" option for Uploaders to add things like the Movelist to characters that where Uploaded before this feature where added?

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Lichtbringer View Post
    Is it possible to add something like a "rescan file" option for Uploaders to add things like the Movelist to characters that where Uploaded before this feature where added?
    Well, if you're talking about updating a file already uploaded before, this option exists for those who have the Creator title.
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif

Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.

Quote Originally Posted by kater15 View Post
    Well, if you're talking about updating a file already uploaded before, this option exists for those who have the Creator title.
    To bad that most of the Older Files where not Uploaded by creators. =/

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by kater15 View Post
    I think he's talking about the option "regenerate metadata". Only moderators have access to that command and it is unlikely it will be expanded to other groups because it is pretty server intensive and could be abused by a malicious uploader to slow down the site.

@Lichtbringer You may want to know that the staff is working on regenerating the metadata and thumbnails of all old files. But since our database is so huge and certain files require a manual fix, it takes a lot of time to get everything covered. If there is a particular category that is missing a lot of move list, just let me know which one and I will run the batch regenerator on that category.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    I think he's talking about the option "regenerate metadata". Only moderators have access to that command and it is unlikely it will be expanded to other groups because it is pretty server intensive and could be abused by a malicious uploader to slow down the site.
    Ok I did not know that this feature is so server intensive, thx for the quick reply.

@Lichtbringer You may want to know that the staff is working on regenerating the metadata and thumbnails of all old files. But since our database is so huge and certain files require a manual fix, it takes a lot of time to get everything covered. If there is a particular category that is missing a lot of move list, just let me know which one and I will run the batch regenerator on that category.
    It seems that all files from the all categorys that where added before the metadata update are affected by this, the only exceptions seem to be files that where uploaded by mods and Admins, but they probably updated them manually, but I would have to check all Files in all categorys to be sure.

Uploads
    Comments

I'd like this site to add a filter for the latest files column.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by rambart View Post
    I'd like this site to add a filter for the latest files column.
    everybody to the shelters till this electro hurricane has passed over

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Badguy View Post
    everybody to the shelters till this electro hurricane has passed over
    how is this kind of thing allowed in the first place? its not the first time something like that happened ,is it all because of that profile leveling crap ,people upload useless crap for useless bragging and then complain about not having enough money to support the site and then asking for donations to get new HDs to keep going with this stupid crap even more? WTF

Uploads
    Comments

No off-topic discussions here please, this thread is for features requests only. And we'll never discriminate the content, period. That's objectively impossible.

Uploads
    Comments

No off-topic discussions here please, this thread is for features requests only. And we'll never discriminate the content, period. That's objectively impossible.
    Yeah because filters are considered as form of discrimination, GOOD FOR YOU

Uploads
    Comments

I would like if you made it easier to search for characters from a certain show or game. Iv found that searching doesn't work to well.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by heyman1231 View Post
    I would like if you made it easier to search for characters from a certain show or game. Iv found that searching doesn't work to well.
    The internal search engine only checks files, not categories names, but it has a category selector so you should be able to find a category. I agree it's not very convenient though, and our internal search engine is pretty outdated overall.

I have added a google search bar as an alternative, so if the internal search fails, try the google search.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db3Ug44.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	3088

Giving the ability for people to delete comments on their uploaded files to avoid conflict and harrassment. You guys actually said you were planning something like this and more back then.

Something like "most downloaded characters of the month" would be nice. I mean, like that "Most Popular Files" list in the downloads page, but monthly.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by myassisonfire View Post
    Something like "most downloaded characters of the month" would be nice. I mean, like that "Most Popular Files" list in the downloads page, but monthly.
    We already have this : https://mugenarchive.com/forums/show...RCHIVE-upgrade

Uploads
    Comments

I feel like we need some sort of Forward Messaging System in place for all users for when Community Weekend hits or any important event in order to cut back on confusion. Since there are many people here that don't use the forums as often as others.