UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Feature requests

If users aren't supposed to upload in the base characters category why not just "lock" it? Or display a message "Please upload your character to the right category?" Would that lock all the subcategories or naw?

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Um cool View Post
    If users aren't supposed to upload in the base characters category why not just "lock" it? Or display a message "Please upload your character to the right category?" Would that lock all the subcategories or naw?
    We have no such option right now and I think bad/lazy uploaders would just use the next category available (Capcom).
    The system was changed though, so if you click "upload" from the navigation bar, there's no preset category, now we'll see if we get significantly less characters uploaded to the root folder. I just checked and the root folder has 9 pages of content that has yet to be sorted out by the staff.

Uploads
    Comments

When I use the internal search engine and select for example "Characters" it says something like "no files found." This is because it is searching only in that caterlogy and doesn't search in sub-caterlogies. This should be added in so people can find who they're looking a bit faster.

Uploads
    Comments

Is it possible to enforce the use of tags for files? Almost none of the new uploaded files have them. It would be good if I could immediately see if this char I'm checking out is A.I only, or how many buttons it uses, or is it hi- or low-res, among other things.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by EYD_Valkyrie View Post
    Is it possible to enforce the use of tags for files? Almost none of the new uploaded files have them. It would be good if I could immediately see if this char I'm checking out is A.I only, or how many buttons it uses, or is it hi- or low-res, among other things.
    Thank you for the suggestions but I don't think we can realistically enforce any tag when our small staff has already so many problems to fix.

We could automatically detect the var(59) setting but I'm afraid that wouldn't be entirely accurate. If you can suggest a more accurate way to detect automatic AI, please let us know.

VIP members can generate the movelist so they can see how many buttons are being used.

And you can already tell the resolution from the stage metadata or from the character mandatory preview.

Quote Originally Posted by JULIANCROSSTITAN View Post
    When I use the internal search engine and select for example "Characters" it says something like "no files found." This is because it is searching only in that caterlogy and doesn't search in sub-caterlogies. This should be added in so people can find who they're looking a bit faster.
    We have no directory recursive search for now, our developers have tried to implement it, but it didn't work out well, they're currently looking for a more stable way to implement this feature.

Uploads
    Comments

No, sadly I don't have any suggestions for the AI thing myself. Anyway, thanks. Appreciate the response.

Uploads
    Comments

Possible to add an icon or write in the file info if a stage has a music file or not? Would be really helpful for me as I tend to download stages with music included :)

Uploads
    Comments

It would be interesting to have a random character/stage feature, a character/stage of the day(a random picked character/stage on the home for a day), a list mode on the download section or a show more chars/stages per page function, review of chars on the home page and being able to update your uploaded files. Also i think mugenarchive needs a way to not have "forgotten content", i mean it has so much content that some chars/stages remain "buried" or unnoticed between all the newer stuff and you have to scroll a lot to find it.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by borderoflife View Post
    It would be interesting to have a random character/stage feature, a character/stage of the day(a random picked character/stage on the home for a day).
    That is a great idea!

Also, we should have a Person of the Day kind of thing.

Uploads
    Comments

What about indicating very well-made and good-quality uploads with a sign or tag of some sort? The GTA V Mods site does this, they give their best files a golden star to show it's been verified sweet.

Uploads
    Comments

Tags would be very useful like using a tag for the fighting style: "boxing","muay thai","karate" or just characteristics of the char: "elf", "robot", "bald","blonde hair","monster" or a tag to indicate if the char has ai or not: "ai", "noai".

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by borderoflife View Post
    Tags would be very useful like using a tag for the fighting style: "boxing","muay thai","karate" or just characteristics of the char: "elf", "robot", "bald","blonde hair","monster" or a tag to indicate if the char has ai or not: "ai", "noai".
    The AI thing is already shown in the file info. As for the rest, I think it would be too much headache for the uploaders. It's not up to me though, let's see what the higher-ups think.

Uploads
    Comments

can you add a new category? is that the game of the characters that I want to upload is not

- - - Updated - - -

and I also have trouble uploading an HD character that weighs 149MB

how many mb can you upload?

can it be solved?

Uploads
    Comments

Our developers are currently working hard to optimize the website to make it faster but they haven't forgotten about your feature requests. Here are some screenshots of the incoming features from the beta website :

• Modern sorting options for the download area
      Requested by @Plusle2019 and @Um cool
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aF71Fz3.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	6640 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J9tgxsS.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	6641
    • Also in the above pics, a "pinned comment" feature for uploaders and moderators, requested by @kater15
    • Some new search options for VIP members.

Name:	rwyv9jZ.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	6642

More will follow. Stay tuned and please keep providing your suggestions.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Our developers are currently working hard to optimize the website to make it faster but they haven't forgotten about your feature requests. Here are some screenshots of the incoming features from the beta website :

• Modern sorting options for the download area
      Requested by @Plusle2019 and @Um cool

Name:	aF71Fz3.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	6640 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	J9tgxsS.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	6641
    • Also in the above pics, a "pinned comment" feature for uploaders and moderators, requested by @kater15
    • Some new search options for VIP members.

Name:	rwyv9jZ.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	6642

More will follow. Stay tuned and please keep providing your suggestions.
    Nice!
    Current Waifu:
    None.

What am I doing?
    Random stuff.

My YouTube page:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJp...EoFI0AzL9x0Uig

Uploads
    Comments

Speaking of features, we should have a wiki of some of the members of the Archive.

Uploads
    Comments

We should have a favorites files tab on our user page. And a favorites files function where we can mark files that we like.

JtheSaltyy is offline another bandwagon hater, victim of mugen dramas, RIP Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

I wanted to expand upon what @ZEGA ZONIC was inferring. I also wish for some sort of Favorites function. This could apply to a certain file or forum thread, and there could be a favorites section in the user’s profile page that can either be visible or invisible to outside viewers. Not only will this be an easy way for a user to show their appreciation for a certain thread or file by favoriting (this could be a separate counter shown in the thread/file), but it also allows them to easily jump to said threads and files without searching for them, just for simple convenience.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Suggestion

I think it would be easier to find larger stages if you could search by stage lenght... (If I typed something wrong my bad, im not english :d)
    Yes - Roundabout

Uploads
    Comments

Can we please have a paging option instead of infinite scroll when navigating uploads? I really hate infinite scroll and it makes exploring large lists a nightmare.