UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Feature requests

If users aren't supposed to upload in the base characters category why not just "lock" it? Or display a message "Please upload your character to the right category?" Would that lock all the subcategories or naw?

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Um cool View Post
    If users aren't supposed to upload in the base characters category why not just "lock" it? Or display a message "Please upload your character to the right category?" Would that lock all the subcategories or naw?
    We have no such option right now and I think bad/lazy uploaders would just use the next category available (Capcom).
    The system was changed though, so if you click "upload" from the navigation bar, there's no preset category, now we'll see if we get significantly less characters uploaded to the root folder. I just checked and the root folder has 9 pages of content that has yet to be sorted out by the staff.

Uploads
    Comments

When I use the internal search engine and select for example "Characters" it says something like "no files found." This is because it is searching only in that caterlogy and doesn't search in sub-caterlogies. This should be added in so people can find who they're looking a bit faster.

Uploads
    Comments

Is it possible to enforce the use of tags for files? Almost none of the new uploaded files have them. It would be good if I could immediately see if this char I'm checking out is A.I only, or how many buttons it uses, or is it hi- or low-res, among other things.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by EYD_Valkyrie View Post
    Is it possible to enforce the use of tags for files? Almost none of the new uploaded files have them. It would be good if I could immediately see if this char I'm checking out is A.I only, or how many buttons it uses, or is it hi- or low-res, among other things.
    Thank you for the suggestions but I don't think we can realistically enforce any tag when our small staff has already so many problems to fix.

We could automatically detect the var(59) setting but I'm afraid that wouldn't be entirely accurate. If you can suggest a more accurate way to detect automatic AI, please let us know.

VIP members can generate the movelist so they can see how many buttons are being used.

And you can already tell the resolution from the stage metadata or from the character mandatory preview.

Quote Originally Posted by JULIANCROSSTITAN View Post
    When I use the internal search engine and select for example "Characters" it says something like "no files found." This is because it is searching only in that caterlogy and doesn't search in sub-caterlogies. This should be added in so people can find who they're looking a bit faster.
    We have no directory recursive search for now, our developers have tried to implement it, but it didn't work out well, they're currently looking for a more stable way to implement this feature.

Uploads
    Comments

No, sadly I don't have any suggestions for the AI thing myself. Anyway, thanks. Appreciate the response.