UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Feature requests

The MUGEN Archive is a community based site. It is a site for users, by users. As such we are listening to the community and we want to know what features you want to see. This thread is for general purpose features requests (community oriented features can also be posted in the other related thread of this section, unless you don't know what thread I'm talking about).

Examples:
    "I'd like this site to add support for that language"
    "I'd like to see a shortcut to this in the homepage"
    "I'd like the upload size limit to be increased to XXX MB"
    "You should hire more staff members"

Default Re: Feature requests

"I'd like the upload size limit to be increased to 150 mb there alot of characters that are pretty big that cant be posted becuse the site cant support the size of the file

i also think you should hire more staff to put the files that have been posted on here where there suppose to go help each other to make this place more better

Uploads
    Comments

The servers are currently under heavy stress enough. I'll consider this if we upgrade the servers, until then you could split the files into several parts. Archivers such as 7-zip can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by That Man View Post
    The servers are currently under heavy stress enough. I'll consider this if we upgrade the servers, until then you could split the files into several parts. Archivers such as 7-zip can do that.
    alright

Cool Re: Feature requests

It would be good to have an area on the downloads section where we can post full mugen games.That way this website would not only be a good place to post downloads but also it would be a good way to attract more visitors in the future

Uploads
    Comments

IMO, this forum severely lacks threads new users can interact with: Introduction, How to Get Started, etc. It'd be nice to see threads such as those here.

As of now, because of the lack of community involvement, this forum would probably function better as a blog IMO.

Uploads
    Comments

guys! how about display most download per day,per week, per month & per year instead of all time in the sidebar of this site? hide by default the most popular file unless user expand it

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by yaminogun View Post
    guys! how about display most download per day,per week, per month & per year instead of all time in the sidebar of this site? hide by default the most popular file unless user expand it
    This is a great idea in my opinion, and I support it.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll forward it to the webmaster.

Uploads
    Comments

what about hosting some tourneys with a specific full game that has balanced characters? we could probably use hamachi to do the matches.
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Ability to change your username....

Uploads
    Comments

what about adding elecbyte's kfm metadata next to a character's metadata for comparison?
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

how about adding character ratings and such ??? what if this site host a online mugen tournament to attract more members and visitors .. most download per day character and stages ..

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePip View Post
    Ability to change your username....
    PM me the new name you want.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDio View Post
    what about adding elecbyte's kfm metadata next to a character's metadata for comparison?
    What would be the point of having kfm stats on each and every page?

Quote Originally Posted by bumble_vin View Post
    how about adding character ratings and such ???
    We've dropped the old star-rating system and replaced it with a modern like/dislike feature. There's no turning back to obsolete features.

what if this site host a online mugen tournament to attract more members and visitors .. most download per day character and stages ..
    Now that sounds like a good idea but I have never organized any tournament and I have no idea how this can be done. Could you please give me more details? And if you want to manage that tournament, that would be most welcome because I may not have the time to manage it myself. Just tell me what you need, and I shall give you the powers.

most download per day character and stages ..
    This is something I want too and it's definitely in the todo list. But implementing it is very expensive. It requires developers, testers, time, etc... That's something we'll have someday, but when is it going to happen? I don't know, probably depends on the donations we will receive. Just running the server is expensive enough.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    What would be the point of having kfm stats on each and every page?
    By comparing a character's metadata and more specifically sounds and animation we can judge if we should download the character or not since a lot of characters are badly made and not very impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Now that sounds like a good idea but I have never organized any tournament and I have no idea how this can be done. Could you please give me more details? And if you want to manage that tournament, that would be most welcome because I may not have the time to manage it myself. Just tell me what you need, and I shall give you the powers.
    there's a tutorial on how to do play mugen with others so we can follow that one. however we'd also have to decide on a mugen build with balanced characters for everyone to use.
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

Uploads
    Comments

I don't think it would be a good idea to overload the pages tbh, and it would confuse many. Besides kfm may not be considered a relevant reference to many.

But I definitely like the idea of a tournament. However I can't manage it myself. If there are volunteers to manage such a project, just let me know, I'll set up a dedicated subforum. We could start with a modest AI tournament, and if there is significant interest, we could aim at a more ambitious real player tournament?

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Character files:

- Showcasing win quotes if any

- re-add keywords (Not sure if it's me or not but I can't add keywords anymore)

- Ability to click on the author name to see any more MUGEN characters uploaded with their name or similar with their name (EG similar like Someguy2000 or Some Guy 2000 and not Some Guy or SG2K or just "Guy")

- Spriteswap detection system at least for KFM spriteswaps

Adding characters -

- Other (Please specify) category. Type in the franchise they belong in and it will automatically be added as a subfranchise.

- NSFW flag (Representing Morrigan or Felicia)

- Seizure warning flag ("SEIZURE WARNING")

- Joke character flag (representing a Dan image or an Omega Tiger Woods face)

Rating

- Old youtube styled Star rating over like/dislike.

- Reviews

Forum front page

- Activity feed

Filtering options

- Don't show characters with no dislikes/ don't show characters with no likes

- Don't show specific authors

- Hide specific categories

- Don't show NSFW characters

- Virus prevention

- If an executable is detected, remove the file immediately.

- If a file isn't in a .TXT, a picture file or any MUGEN related extension, the character will have to be awaited approval.

Moderation

- Moderators are allowed to set flags for characters if necessary.
    Last edited by Megaman; 16th October 2015 at 02:35.

Uploads
    Comments

There are a lot of interesting ideas in there megaman, thanks for the suggestions.

Just a few of observations
    1. search per author is already supported
    2. blocking all executables would block builds or utilities which could be legitimate and very useful, besides we have a clear security disclaimer on the page footer
    3. we are not going back to star rating, this is a stone age feature, like/dislike are much more relevant and modern

For the rest it's not up to me, there are some good ideas, so I hope they end being added.

Still waiting for the most downloaded this week/month feature.

Uploads
    Comments

Hi guys!

I want to request, if possible, that you could implement an option to order the search results by "most viewed", or a way to previsualize the file I'm going to open without having to open lots of tabs to see all the options one by one.

Thanks in advance!

Uploads
    Comments

I think, it would be nice to implement a mark on like/dislike feature in the Download section (by bolding the number to indicate you liked it, for example), so that I can keep track of which file did I put thumbs up with, just in case I forgot that I have clicked the like button.

Uploads
    Comments

Can you add a seperate activity stream that's for uploads only? It gets hard to track all the new uploads on the activity stream. (Especially during the no-leech weekend)
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!