UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by infernalthing View Post
    Can we please have a paging option instead of infinite scroll when navigating uploads? I really hate infinite scroll and it makes exploring large lists a nightmare.
    Thank you for the feedback, and I agree this should be an option.

Uploads
    Comments

News 373

Well, here I will leave some suggestions for possible updates.

1.- To be able to subscribe to a user to be up to date with their creations.

2.- Be able to delete a comment made in the updated their status.
    https://i.ibb.co/Mh3hCxr/3.png
    Admittedly, you can delete your comment... But this feature is only available until you refresh the page or re-enter the status. I don't know if it's due to something...

3.- Add a button in the file to mention the updates.
    https://i.ibb.co/C0C56ZL/1.png

This is how it should appear when you click:
    https://i.ibb.co/rvyz3LD/Dibujo.png

This is a small idea, it would be a little more organized than mentioning the update in the comments or in the description. To avoid misuse, it might be enabled in the Uploader range.

4.- Add a button that separates the downloads: a button for your uploads and another button for your creations.
    https://i.ibb.co/KKS2Kh4/123.jpg
    A problem that I commonly see in uploaders is a little difficult to find your files. Obviously you can also search using the "search" tool, but I feel that it would be a bit easier for users in general. The bad thing is that I think it would be a little difficult to implement the request...
    Last edited by Finola; Jul 17, 2020 at 16:33.

Proceeding without knowing what's 『real』

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Suggestion

It doesn't sound bad at all.
    Unfortunately, we must bear in mind that it is not easy to make programming like this...
    I really hope that in the future there will be this update, but for the moment we will have to settle for metadata.

Uploads
    Comments

That would be amazing but hard to do...
    I shall take you to the limits of white paradise

Uploads
    Comments

At the moment we have no way to use metadata to sort items so I can't add it. This is a feature that would need to be created. I'm moving this to the official feature request thread.

@Finola Could you please explain your feature request 3 ?
    Do you mean the uploader would have to fill (optionally) the software revision ?
    The problem is a lot of users would provide inaccurate or careless data, which could increase confusion (and give moderators even more work to do).

We also have the "Archive Last Modified" date in the metadata, which displays when the content inside the archive was last modified. It's filled automatically, which avoids a lot of problem.

Uploads
    Comments

Default 373

@Dizzy

Exactly!
    That option would be filled voluntarily when uploading a file below, a box could be marked that can be marked with the word "this is a update?", And if the mark would appear the box to fill with the details of the update... I love to give the details of the update... But sometimes when I upload an update with its details, they disappear when merging the files.
    They are really useful when considering downloading an update.

The "Archive Last Modified" option works perfectly, but does not give important details. In addition, with any minimum change, this function is updated.

To avoid the problems of misuse, that authority should be given to trusted users. If an uploader can misuse this feature, then it would only be given to Senior Uploaders, which is a hard to reach range... Although I doubt they will use that feature.

Anyway, I think it was a bad idea, because you already mentioned that users can misuse that option, hindering the hard work of our moderators.
    I guess I'll settle for putting the update in the comments next time.

Thank you very much for maintaining this website for a long time!

~We really admire you so much Diz~

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Feature requests

Well, here are other possible suggestions:

Rename Lurker's rank.
    I'm sure a lot of users get mad because we call them that, and I think it would be a good idea if we just changed their name. In this way we will save ourselves some anger and I am sure that they will have fewer excuses to participate. Maybe you could change the name to something like "Member" or "Fighter"

A new rank.
    I heard that the rank of creator is exclusive for those who are trusted... But for those who are not trusted very much, it would be good to assign a rank... Maybe it could be called something as a "contributor".

I had more ideas to suggest, but honestly I forgot the others...

Uploads
    Comments

Ico Floppy 373

Exact name in the search tool.
    I have noticed that when using the search tool, it throws you results that you are looking for... But if a word you are looking for is included in a file with several words, the search engine will show it to you anyway.
    An example is that if you search for Goku and you put Balthazar in author... You will get several edits that you may not want to find.
    I saw that this Exact Name option is in the forum search... So... Do you think it could be implemented?

https://i.ibb.co/8DbL66Y/1234.png

Create a kind of sub category within the original files.
    Well, I feel like there are too many file edits that are flooding the categories lately... Doing this would
    make the categories look a little neater...

https://i.ibb.co/ZmvJwcB/12345.png

Clicking on the link would show the small edits... That is, the fixes, the color separation patch, AI and other little things that users upload as a new file.
    Although I think there should be someone to do that...

I think that's all for now...

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: 373

Quote Originally Posted by Finola View Post

Exact name in the search tool.
    I have noticed that when using the search tool, it throws you results that you are looking for... But if a word you are looking for is included in a file with several words, the search engine will show it to you anyway.
    An example is that if you search for Goku and you put Balthazar in author... You will get several edits that you may not want to find.
    I saw that this Exact Name option is in the forum search... So... Do you think it could be implemented?

https://i.ibb.co/8DbL66Y/1234.png

Create a kind of sub category within the original files.
    Well, I feel like there are too many file edits that are flooding the categories lately... Doing this would
    make the categories look a little neater...

https://i.ibb.co/ZmvJwcB/12345.png

Clicking on the link would show the small edits... That is, the fixes, the color separation patch, AI and other little things that users upload as a new file.
    Although I think there should be someone to do that...

I think that's all for now...
    The first suggestion is very good and I am definitely going to forward it.

The second one however could be accomplished with tags so it seems redundant.