UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Feature requests

Make the "ignore" button a real "ignore" feature.
    Yeah we know how some leechers took this community event thing with a "great maturity", for example this guy who were posting new threads and replying some other user threads with really disgusting photos. I did just go to his profile, hoping there was a ignore-ban button and then I pressed it, with all hope that his threads will dissapear from my sight, but NO, it didnt happen. Guess the "ignore" feature here is just banning private contact between users, but yeah, sometimes you want to block that guy that annoys you so much and you dont want to see neither their post or threads. Please do it if you can.

Uploads
    Comments

Hey can i download now? yall cucks.

Uploads
    Comments

I'd like for us to start a... how do I describe this? A community project where we all get together and start making characters. Even complete beginners are encouraged to join in. Every week, we post betas of our characters and get feedback for them, and we can ask each other how to code certain things we want the character to have or whatever. The joy of mugen mainly comes from how you can have characters from different games fight, AND you can make your own character, and we should really try to foster a friendly community of character-makers. Oh, and every month, we hold a "Best character of the month" voting poll only characters made in this weekly project can be entered into, with different categories. Best Anime Character, Best Original Character, Best Port From A Fighting Game, Best Port From A Non-Fighting Game, Best Unique/Interesting Mechanic, Overall Best Male Character, Overall Best Female Character, and anything else I forgot to mention. Winners of these categories will get a badge added to their profile and bragging rights.

Also, can we have a section of the forum set up for online mugen duel matchmaking? A place where you can say "I'll use this character, fight me with whoever you want, I accept any challenge!", or "We'll play in this touhou/marvel VS capcom mugen Full Game, any character in this game is acceptable", or even "I'm going to use this cheap character, so cheap characters are ON(Allowed) for this fight!". A place where mugen players can meet and fight other mugen players online, and in the process, test mugen characters against human opponents, a vital part of any true testing procedure.
    Last edited by UltimaEpic; 8th March 2017 at 23:57. Reason: Added the monthly contest idea

Uploads
    Comments

Hi, I'm new. My account has maybe 2 weeks, but it occurred to me to introduce some kind of language change, in my case the Spanish, too, sounds very crazy but, put some kind of format (I do not know how to call it) that allows us "half create" Some char, same, introduce another type of way to donate, in my case because I do not have a credit card, some app to contribute points or see more publicity, I do not know if I explain.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by UltimaEpic View Post
    I'd like for us to start a... how do I describe this? A community project where we all get together and start making characters. Even complete beginners are encouraged to join in. Every week, we post betas of our characters and get feedback for them, and we can ask each other how to code certain things we want the character to have or whatever. The joy of mugen mainly comes from how you can have characters from different games fight, AND you can make your own character, and we should really try to foster a friendly community of character-makers. Oh, and every month, we hold a "Best character of the month" voting poll only characters made in this weekly project can be entered into, with different categories. Best Anime Character, Best Original Character, Best Port From A Fighting Game, Best Port From A Non-Fighting Game, Best Unique/Interesting Mechanic, Overall Best Male Character, Overall Best Female Character, and anything else I forgot to mention. Winners of these categories will get a badge added to their profile and bragging rights.

Also, can we have a section of the forum set up for online mugen duel matchmaking? A place where you can say "I'll use this character, fight me with whoever you want, I accept any challenge!", or "We'll play in this touhou/marvel VS capcom mugen Full Game, any character in this game is acceptable", or even "I'm going to use this cheap character, so cheap characters are ON(Allowed) for this fight!". A place where mugen players can meet and fight other mugen players online, and in the process, test mugen characters against human opponents, a vital part of any true testing procedure.
    Guys, trust me, you can never overestimate the lengths humans will go to for bragging rights. We put a man on the moon and had him stick an American flag there, just so he could go back to earth for the "Suck it, Russia" party.

Also, you know what'd be a good idea for our first contest? Alternate Mode Edits. Like prefixed edits, only higher-quality and more original. For example... Swordsman Ryu, with some of his moves altered to swing a sword. Or Gun Ryu, his heavy punch having him pull a gun out of his shirt and fire it, then put it back. Making an edit like this is the first step on the road to becoming a mugen master.

Uploads
    Comments

Hey Im Looking For Someone Who Can Make M.u.g.e.n Character's That Would Be Apart Of My Team To Make A DBZ Game For M.U.G.E.N Anyone Wanna Help?

Quote Originally Posted by That Man View Post
    The servers are currently under heavy stress enough. I'll consider this if we upgrade the servers, until then you could split the files into several parts. Archivers such as 7-zip can do that.
    7-ZIP doesnt seem to be supported any more

Uploads
    Comments

From what I understand 7-zip is no longer supported because there's no extension for that format. So the site couldn't generate thumbnails, metadata, etc... from 7 zip archives.

Uploads
    Comments

Maybe another option: use a third party to share files. You do not have to upload extremely large files on this site. For instance, you could use Dropbox. It releases stress on the servers, it enables people to share and download big files.

Uploads
    Comments

Cheese.

Uploads
    Comments

hmmm. do i have anything to recommend... perhaps a sort of follow feature? say you like a certain genre of character or stage. you could follow it and be notified of when a new character/stage is posted in that genre.

Uploads
    Comments

another thought came to mind. what about a section for completed mugen games fans put together? I'm working on two right now. and I'd love to post them when they are complete.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
    another thought came to mind. what about a section for completed mugen games fans put together? I'm working on two right now. and I'd love to post them when they are complete.
    Sorry, but full game copilations are not allowed in the site, if you have a certain file that you want to share, you can upload it, but that's it.
    Last edited by Mortos; 20th May 2017 at 20:20.
    The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

hmmm. do i have anything to recommend... perhaps a sort of follow feature? say you like a certain genre of character or stage. you could follow it and be notified of when a new character/stage is posted in that genre.
    However, this could be a useful feature.
    The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

Uploads
    Comments

nice to hear that, hopefully we'll get more extra support at the near future....

Uploads
    Comments

I was making an observation, though I don't know if this helps or not:

I was wondering it there could be mroe separation in the characters and stages uploads? I've downloaded a few characters that don't work on certain mugen engines, or are from completely different custom engines altogether. For example, downloading an MK character that only works for something that isn't mugen or downloading a Mugen 1.1 character than won't work in any other mugen. I've also had the displeasure of downloading a character that isn't formatted to work out side of their own game (a Superman whose lifebar portrait extands beyond the lifebars and gets in the way of the gameplay, for example.)

It would be great if there was some sort of marker or option to designate what character works with a certain engine, by saying where it's from and how it can be used.

Also, this is a bit minor, but I would also like to see the same kind of separation, but for HD/HR stages and animated/static stages. Some SD stages aren't that good, while some HD stages aren't animated, so it'd be great to tell the difference.

Uploads
    Comments

Um I know I'm new here and please forgive me but

What about having sub groups for some of the all star characters?
    For example having all the Chun-Li in one section so you could easily compare witch version you want or are missing

Say any character with 10+ versions ?

Uploads
    Comments

You can already subscribe to any category to get new files notifications.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GJTVqT7.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	1830

Quote Originally Posted by neiogeo View Post
    I was making an observation, though I don't know if this helps or not:

I was wondering it there could be mroe separation in the characters and stages uploads? I've downloaded a few characters that don't work on certain mugen engines, or are from completely different custom engines altogether. For example, downloading an MK character that only works for something that isn't mugen or downloading a Mugen 1.1 character than won't work in any other mugen. I've also had the displeasure of downloading a character that isn't formatted to work out side of their own game (a Superman whose lifebar portrait extands beyond the lifebars and gets in the way of the gameplay, for example.)

It would be great if there was some sort of marker or option to designate what character works with a certain engine, by saying where it's from and how it can be used.

Also, this is a bit minor, but I would also like to see the same kind of separation, but for HD/HR stages and animated/static stages. Some SD stages aren't that good, while some HD stages aren't animated, so it'd be great to tell the difference.
    You can click on the character info tab, under the metadata, to see the MUGEN version. As for characters which are meant for a specific full game, they should be converted before being uploaded here. But the content is provided by the community and the uploads will only be as good as the uploaders are. We staff members are fixing many issues daily, but a lot of bad things can still get through.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Merge BGMs into addons

lol
    A place for people to get together and share their original created work.

http://s15.zetaboards.com/MUGENTamamin/index/

Uploads
    Comments

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6c1de878a191ce7a90569c06418d088cbc305c5899d99f95eb776d054e877133.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	1887
    I'd like to be able to spoiler text and maybe images, I think it can make posting and reading posts more fun.
    Allow for multiple image uploads instead of uploading just one image per upload.

Also, better tagging system.
    If anyone here has ever used a booru site, you know what I'm talking about.
    It just makes searching for files more easier.
    By far my favorite searching / tagging method.
    Last edited by jejabu; 21st June 2017 at 18:18.