UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Features planned

The MUGEN Archive has always aimed at being a community website, a website done by users and for users. Despite the appearances, there is a large activity in this site but most of it is happening within the download section. I have decided to make that activity more visible and enjoyable for everybody. So that section of the site will know an overhaul with a goal in mind: make it more community friendly.

Features planned.

I. Community enhancements

• Replace the current rating system with a “like” and “not like” system.
      • People who liked this also liked... feature.

• Add facebook, google plus and tweeter buttons for every downloadable item.
    • Add a new subscription system to downloadable item comments
      • By default, an uploader will receive notifications of new comments on his uploaded items pages, he can disable it per item.
      • By default posting a comment in a downloadable item page makes you subscribe to other comments, can be disabled per page

• Redux of comment system (continuation)
      • Uploaders comments will be highlighted/pushed on top of their uploaded items pages
      • People can like or dislike comments, most liked comments are highlighted/pushed on top

II. Staff
    • The staff will be renewed to make place for the newer and more active users
    • The staff will have more features available, like the ability to approve/unapprove an uploaded item, a description, a review, etc...

Any opinion or suggestion pertaining to those community features is welcome and can be posted here. You should also use this thread for any community features you would want to see, for example "I'd like to see what other items are liked by the people who like this one".

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Features planned

Three months have passed and still not a single user suggestion? People are certainly just as eager to complain, as they are in ignoring it, when they're given the opportunity to decide what should change.

Anyway here are some extra changes I am planning:
    -open tag system
    --example of tags: char, hi-res, sf3, GM, boss, cheap, hi-jump, animated, vbr...

All registered user can create/add tags.
    Pressing any tag will return more entries with that tag.
    I plan also a system which shows entries with similar tags when you are downloading something.

-date updated will be added next to date added, for uploads, and updated entries will be bumped in the list of recent files

I was told (I wish it was posted here rather than messaging me in another site) that descriptions should be "wikified". It sounds very hard to implement, but I will do my best.

how about a feature that let you see what others download

Uploads
    Comments

Hi darklight, this suggestion is appreciated but I must reject it because most downloads are done by guests, and in order to respect our users privacy, we won't publish any IP address, this is an agreement in the community rules.

If you have any other suggestion, I will be glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by That Man View Post
    Hi darklight, this suggestion is appreciated but I must reject it because most downloads are done by guests, and in order to respect our users privacy, we won't publish any IP address, this is an agreement in the community rules.

If you have any other suggestion, I will be glad to hear it.
    why not add a pallet section i notice you didnt put in one also how about letting the uploaded delete there own files that they them selfs posted so we can weed out the old to the new update version of that file
    Last edited by Soul Taker; Oct 27, 2012 at 08:44.

Uploads
    Comments

The new plans sound great. As a new memeber i look forward to the progress.