UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nightmares

Uploads
    Comments

Default Nightmares

There are some threads about dreams in the forum but I think there is no thread specifically for creepy or unpleasant dreams.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Nightmares

Nightmares are a category of dreams???

Uploads
    Comments

my worst nightmares are the ones that cause sleep paralysis

Uploads
    Comments

My worst nightmare involved me being stranded in the ocean surrounded by giant tenticles and when I dove in to see where the tenticles were coming from all I saw was this humongous Eye looking at me.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by darksideclassic View Post
    my worst nightmares are the ones that cause sleep paralysis
    But those are more like hallucinations, aren't they?

Uploads
    Comments

I think the last nightmare I had was this woman attacking my dog and i started punching her in the face and then I tackled her and punched her in the face and after every punch her face would morph into a really scary wolf face and knew she was about to fight, so I lift her up with my hulk strength and throw her like 6 feet away and grab my dog and then i wake up.

Uploads
    Comments

Two nights ago, I had a nightmare about some anti-**** PSA with scary-looking ****-using kids. That was a terrible nightmare.

The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555

Uploads
    Comments

I normally don't have OUTRIGHT nightmares but sometimes in a dream i end up opening a shocking Youtube [email protected] video. Not humorous ones, either, ones that would break the Youtube TOS.

My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

(Eventual) WIPS:
    none, yet

Uploads
    Comments

I usually have a nightmare every other night where I am confronted with my own inadequacies in life like being told I wont succeed or I will die alone. When monsters, serial killers and other supernatural things can't scare you I guess the only thing left to scare you is yourself.

Uploads
    Comments

I remember one where was trying to be a day like any other, but I was extremely pale, with lumps and open skin in some places.

Uploads
    Comments

One of the oldest nightmares of mine and possibly the oldest dream I can remember is that of my family being strung together and lowered into a lava pit from the living room of my other family members. Woke up after I got in the lava.

My most recent nightmare was where I told my boss off and got fired.

Uploads
    Comments

The worst nightmare I had was when I was on a roller coaster and the rails broke. The shakiness of the cart was so much I could actually feel it in my plysical body. And before impact I woke up.

Uploads
    Comments

My most recent nightmare was of me having to save my mom from a man who was strangling her with a garrote. A friend of mine was coming over to visit and he brought a stranger with him, my mother was visiting me at the time. She went to the lavatory, and my friend and I were just chatting when the stranger suddenly ran to the office that was attached to the bathroom. After a few seconds, I started getting nervous, because I would have expected some noise of some sort coming from the office, either of him asking her if he could use the restroom or of the water running. But there was nothing, so I ran back there to see what was up, and I saw him bent over my mom who was pressed against the sink with a cord around her throat, struggling against him and slowly dying. I have a large camp knife irl, so in my dream I went to retrieve it, as it is stored very close to where this was happening, and I jammed it into him through his back, twisted the blade and used it as a hook to pull him off. She was injured, but safe for the moment.

It was disturbing, and I'm just glad my brain let me reach her in time. . .

Uploads
    Comments

Currently, I've never had any nightmares during this time of my life. The only times I experienced them was when I was little and afraid. I do experience sleep paralysis from time to time however although like the nightmares I had, they're becoming increasingly rare. But sleep paralysis isn't truly a dream or a nightmare and like what someone said earlier, is more akin to a hallucination.

I also do have those times where I'm falling and my body suddenly jerks and wakes up, but I don't consider those nightmares.

Uploads
    Comments

I tend to dream sometimes with shadows chasing after me. And in the dreams it always happens in very dark places. The one I remember the most is when I was in my home alone with the lights off and then this shadow appears coming out of the TV. Then it disappears and I see one coming out from below the couch, it starts chasing me and I fell over just before I was entering the bathroom, I wake up after that.

Uploads
    Comments

My most recurring nightmares concern the feeling of being observed by some entity
    But nothing really unpleasant or terrifying ever happens to me ... not physically, I just feel observed and I remain paralyzed

Uploads
    Comments

There was one that started with me in my room, then a few little red beings with bulging eyes came in and stared at me grimacing and chuckling.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Patty View Post
    There was one that started with me in my room, then a few little red beings with bulging eyes came in and stared at me grimacing and chuckling.
    It is a dream very similar to some of mine ... I usually see two eyes, the very white pupils who observe me from behind the door of my room or around a corner... and hair, very long black hair

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Manuz View Post
    My most recurring nightmares concern the feeling of being observed by some entity
    But nothing really unpleasant or terrifying ever happens to me ... not physically, I just feel observed and I remain paralyzed
    I've had that happen a couple of times in real life. Normally I'm not one to spook too easily, but for some reason one evening, about a decade ago, I felt like there was something right behind me in my bed. In my minds eye it was similar to a Critter (from the cheesy horror movie) but a lot larger and more menacing. I imagined that it's eyes were huge and opened wide with a predators all-consuming focus, and it had long dagger-teeth in an oversized mouth, and it was just inches from my shoulder, staring down at me, waiting for me to move and triggering my violent death. I just felt completely paralyzed with fear, like it knew that I knew it was there, and it was just waiting for me to confirm my demise when I tried to move in a vain refusal of the reality of my impending and painful end.

So I just laid there, breathing shallow, still as I could for what felt like an hour (who knows how long really) until I finally gathered up the courage to reach for the remote control to the television and turn it on. Nothing killed me, and after a time I was able to stretch out my stiff muscles and relax again. I put on Night of the Living Dead (the original) and fell asleep to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Patty View Post
    Man, I hate (and oddly, love) the ones starting in the room I fell asleep in. I had one, not too long ago, where I "awoke" on my couch in front of my television, and it was on and only showing static, except for in the corner where it would normally say the channel it was, it just said [HELL]. As I laid there, kind of creeped out and trying to understand what would cause that, I became aware that I was having a nightmare (at that time I was having them often for some reason, and would recognize it sometimes). But, instead of that giving me some level of control, it instead triggered this long, quiet, warped babies cry behind me that kept increasing in volume and force until it didn't sound like a cry but instead like some horrid, furious scream. Then I knew that it was something that was aware of me being awake, and it was determined to pull me apart in as violent and painful a way as only the fury-borne hateful spirits of Hell could manage. When I was certain that it had body-horrored itself to my couch with the insane, impossible alacrity of a brutal spirit that hated my consciousness and feeble life, I started awake with a yelp. I never saw what it was. . .

I hated that dream, but I also loved it, because it was so freaky and engrossing. I didn't want to go back to sleep for some time, though.

Uploads
    Comments

When something bad is about to happen or does happen, I wind up waking up just in time. I seriously dislike life when something like that occurs.