UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What's the worst thing about MUGEN?

Hmm... I guess if I had to pick something not to like about MUGEN, it would be the incredible variance in character quality, ease to control, and overall power. But frankly, if characters had to be balanced like that for anyone to upload them, we'd probably have only 1/100th of the characters we do currently. I'd much rather see people being creative than the game being easy to balance.

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

about it all: no stable/easy/user-friendly development engines, no way to block the content into crypted exe, unable to set time options, too few options, bad audio compatibility as regards mp3
    about new resolutions: not really supported
    about Elecbyte: seems not giving a heck
    about coding: too many details, default AI pretty dumb, lack of automatic spark positioning
    about stages: not many customizing options, like stages with wet floors (no ability of sparking/splashing effects, for example)

Uploads
    Comments

1-characters with broken gimmicks: Luke Cage and Apocalypse with their "invicibility" hypers, seriously they should just give them super armor like the Hulk or Juggernaut!

2-characters with useless hypers: Hawkeye and Daredevil with his smoke bomb and lights out hypers, i mean seriously these hypers dont work for nothing, they just look cool though, but that's it, they are useless against the AI and against a human player, waste of meter IMHO.

3-characters with awful and easy to abuse infinites: Shocker, Abomination and Radioactive Man, they do have good sprites, but man these infinites they have turn them into cheap chars... sadly.

4-characters that make the opponent go to the moon!

5-the lack of good DC chars: seriously! i can actually count the number of good DC chars with my fingers, that section really needs more good creations, but meh! i guess nobody cares about DC chars nowadays... only pseudoingles.

6-the lack of good Resident Evil chars... at least in MvsC style.

7-annoying glitches that come out of nothing, some even more game-breaking than others.

and... that's it, seriously no disrespect to the authors of these chars, but sadly i cant stop thinking that they could have been better, but things like glitches, infinites and chars flying offscreen ruin the engine in my opinion, well except the useless hypers and broken gimmicks part, these things dont ruin the engine, but i dont like them either.
    Last edited by Mortos; Oct 28, 2016 at 06:42.

Uploads
    Comments

Putting characters and stages... and no official suave dude

For a game about variety, it is hard to find variety. You might as well just call mugen = CvS vs Touhou vs Orochi vs Emo KOF 6: To Catch A Predator Edition.

---

Drama.
    Ppl with complexes. Ppl that are moody. Racists. Religion haters. Non-religious haters. Gay bashers. Women bashers. Insecure ppl who become the hulk behind a computer. Fighting. Picking fights.
    Theres a lot of sweet people with talent who have quit, bc of a fool. Making stuff is no easy task, and what artist doesnt want appreciation, or at least a 'thank you'? Or a 'hey, you mind if I upload this? Ill give u credit.'?
    99% of the time, they say sure. And thats all they ask. Being nice is easy, being respectful is easy. But isnt it funny that everytime those who cant be decent meet the one who throws the bullshit back at them, they have a online mental breakdown?

---

"Professional Mugeners"
    They hate people, or just cant give criticism in a normal or professional way. Look, you want to snap your fingers and chop somebody down with words all day, then go back to the beauty parlor, honey.

---

Too many waifus.
    Its like waifu-mania. Every day all day 26 hours a day, 12 days a week.

Nothing wrong with waifus, if that's your thing. But... come on now. Variety.

---

Mega Lames.
    He looks like a 2D HD KOF character, but lacks their quality. He has 3 specials, 1 very weak hyper, all his moves are slow, and always get countered into some 100 hit combo even by the most balanced AI opponent. And hes 250 mbs. ZIPPED.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZFzAIlhPc

----

Too much of one thing.
    Too many Kyos, Ioris, Akumas, Kens, Ryus, Lens, that ice girl, Sakuras, and Orochi.

------

Too much of one style.
    The fun of mugen is fighting styles against one another, and making what official companies never will. And there are great styles of game. KOF, SF, MvC, SSBB, MK, SvC, KI, DBZ, NZC.
    But CvS is done to death. Just way too much of it. In everything. Have some other styles, get some more Persona 4 in there, the new Killer Instinct, SFV with those fire hyper screens, get those animated hyper screens like the MvC Resident Evil characters have! Something different than CvS 2, where everyone moves like theyre swimming in cough syrup and jumps 1 foot in the air.

----

Too many chibis.
    Seriously ENOUGH. Looks like a bunch of preschool kids fighting over juice and a cookie.

----

NO imagination.
    There are many great artists in mugen who shine with brilliant ideas. But for every one of those, theres 20 duds with none. 1,000 variations of one KOF stage, and the only difference is colors. Or too many stages that look like acid trips.

-----

Orochi.
    Need I say more?

-----

No sense of humor.
    Alot of people in mugen srsly lack a sense of humor or a sense of fun. Always angry and looking to pick a fight or start drama. No concept of everyone having fun and getting along.
    Last edited by Sookie; Oct 31, 2016 at 20:53.
    Put some RESPEK on the name. Respekkett.

Uploads
    Comments

Much I say that I hate seeing people use Kung Fu Man as a base to their character, yet don't change their AI. I know Kung Fu Man is like the easiest to use as a base, but again try changing to AI a little.

Uploads
    Comments

1 - The engine should be updated
    2 - Lack of multiple modes
    3 - Too hard too "Create" you very own characters
    4 - Non-interagible stages/backgrounds
    5 - Too many Akuma/Orochi based characters...Boring...

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    1-For a game about variety, it is hard to find variety. You might as well just call mugen = CvS vs Touhou vs Orochi vs Emo KOF 6: 5th Grade Japanese Girl Invasion Millenium Jazz Bad Japanese Rock Edition.

---

2-Too much of one thing.
    Too many Kyos, Ioris, Akumas, Kens, Ryus, Lens, that ice girl, Sakuras, and Orochi.

------

3-Too much of one style.
    The fun of mugen is fighting styles against one another. And there are great styles of game. KOF, SF, MvC, MK, SvC, KI, DBZ, NZC.
    But CvS is done to death. Just way too much of it. In everything. Have some other styles, get some more Persona 4 in there, more Killer Instinct, get those animated hyper screens like the MvC Residen Evil characters have! Something different than boring *** CvS, where everyone moves like theyre swimming in cough syrup and jumps 1 foot in the air.

----

4-NO imagination.
    There are many great artists in mugen who shine with brilliant ideas. But for every one of those, theres 10 oopsy-daisys with not a lick of imagination. And half of them are the main stage creators. 1,000 variations of one damn KOF stage. Or too many stages that look like acid trips while watching adult swim.

-----

5-Orochi.
    Need I say more?

-----
    1-more like CvS style vs Touhou vs generic OP edits vs pseudoingles:gold edition.

2-you forgot about Donald Mcdonald.

3-yeah what about other fighting styles for a change?, oh wait!, if its not CvS style, then is bad.

4-that reminds me of the countless of times the Orochi stage from KOF 97 has been edited over and over, and how to forget the infamous pillars of the church stage from SvC Chaos.

5-Orochi = the cancer of Mugen.

to be honest when you put in that way, it makes me realize how the mugen community could be classified as a zombie, that only lives via POTS style stuff and ****** stuff, and dont get me wrong, while i dont hate these styles of chars, is almost like they are only type of chars that get releases nowadays, where's the good and original ideas? probably dead!
    Last edited by Mortos; Oct 31, 2016 at 09:12.

1-more like CvS style vs Touhou vs generic OP edits vs pseudoingles:gold edition.

2-you forgot about Donald Mcdonald.

3-yeah what about other fighting styles for a change?, oh wait!, if its not CvS style, then is bad.

4-that reminds me of the countless of times the Orochi stage from KOF 97 has been edited over and over, and how to forget the infamous pillars of the church stage from SvC Chaos.

to be honest when you put in that way, it makes me realize how the mugen community could be classified as a zombie, that only lives via POTS style stuff and ****** stuff, and dont get me wrong, while i dont hate these styles of chars, is almost like they are only type of chars that get releases nowadays, where's the good and original ideas? probably dead!
    2. I did forget Donald, my bad. And Colonel. And...a touhou girl, i cant rememeber her name. But they always get to become instant murder screen explosion uber death

3. Not every CvS fan is that way though. MvC, MK, and KOF styles are pretty huge themselves. But the insanity and fights over CvS ive seen is nuts. SSBB and SF styles are already the top famous in the world right now. I could understand SF style causing issues, or MK style. Maybe even NZC because of how easy it is to use. But... ah well.

4. Dont forget the stages that are just weird colors in the back.

It's coming back. Definitely not dead. More like just woke up out of a coma, and is flexing it's muscles. Now that 2D styled fighters are back, many people have walked away from the 3D arrange fighters. Don't be surprised to see characters from JLA, MKX, SFV, KI, and the new KOF pop up in all their 3D glory.
    Some of the very old heads are coming back, like Jessica Smoke, Sumin2393 and O Ilusionista. New heads like Tradt-Production, Redline, Tomcsi, and Sektor San are making waves. Mugen may be divided into people who cant let go of CvS 2 or, but theyre just obsessed with it. Either that or some super kawaii game. But the other half is converting the new 3DS games, the 3D art style 2D fighters, and customizing stuff into reality.

Hopefully, mugen only gets better. Mugen and the DB characters by Balthazar gave pressure to them to hurry up and shove out DB:EB, and the new One Piece fighters. They also stopped with 3D fighters, and started making fighting games 2D arranged again, like MKX and SFV.
    If Mugen can put pressure on official companies like that, then maybe the fan votes will start meaning something again. So mugen is definitely not dead, and it now has enough power to pressure official people.

Ive seen guys complain and rant about how "bad" mugen is, and then leave a link to the only good or balanced mugen. And it was always the exact same thing. A perfect clone of CvS2, and the characters werent truly balanced. Just console accurate. If thats the case, then just go buy the game and stop wasting time, unless you intend to mix CvS in with everybody else for sake of fun and variety. EvE and Mugen Archive exist for a reason.
    Last edited by Sookie; Oct 31, 2016 at 20:58.
    Put some RESPEK on the name. Respekkett.

Gah I can't resist anymore.

Lots of the same..........

Private stuff that's private for no good reason. (I.E. Good: Out of creator's respect, creator can't take people anymore, soon or not-so-soon to be released W.I.P. Don't give me that "It's not worth it" crap.)

Stage stuff being still simple. (Transitions, built in "water", hazards or heck, even stage sound effects should be universal.) Maybe screenpacks, too.

Cheap palettes used to really be a pain but I figured out how to remove them.

Would also mention really brutal A.I, and how the built in difficulty thing doesn't seem to do anything, but I guess that's what overpowered characters are for.

Custom ports. Self explanitory. Great if you like to turn Mugen into a dream crossover. Not so much if you have original characters.

Lastly, probably how OpenGL is required for the cool stuff on 1.1. (Granted, I haven't tried it yet on my new computer. But this thing can barely handle 1.0)

Also, to above, by "a touhou girl", it might as well be just about almost any given character from the series that gets overedited. I guess I kinda dislike the sheer amount of Ronalds, the Orochis, the Touhous, the Lens, the various KoFs, the Undertales, the etc...........

.....But I like my shotos and KFMs. All of them.
    Last edited by 3rd Snowball; Oct 31, 2016 at 22:16.

Uploads
    Comments

Probably the huge amount of lost content

Uploads
    Comments

definitely the character select scrolling when you have a lot of characters, why isn't there an auto function where you can just hold the directional buttons

Quote Originally Posted by alucar View Post
    definitely the character select scrolling when you have a lot of characters, why isn't there an auto function where you can just hold the directional buttons
    Oh man i forgot this completely.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    2. I did forget Donald, my bad. And Colonel. And...a touhou girl, i cant rememeber her name. But they always get to become instant murder screen explosion uber death

3. Not every CvS fan is that way though. MvC, MK, and KOF styles are pretty huge themselves. But the insanity and fights over CvS ive seen is nuts. SSBB and SF styles are already the top famous in the world right now. I could understand SF style causing issues, or MK style. Maybe even NZC because of how easy it is to use. But... ah well.

4. Dont forget the stages that are just weird colors in the back.

It's coming back. Definitely not dead. More like just woke up out of a coma, and is flexing it's muscles. Now that 2D styled fighters are back, many people have walked away from the 3D arrange fighters. Don't be surprised to see characters from JLA, MKX, SFV, KI, and the new KOF pop up in all their 3D glory.
    Some of the very old heads are coming back, like Jessica Smoke, Sumin2393 and O Ilusionista. New heads like Tradt-Production, Redline, Tomcsi, and Sektor San are making waves. Mugen may be divided into people who cant let go of CvS 2 or, but theyre just obsessed with it. Either that or some super kawaii game. But the other half is converting the new 3DS games, the 3D art style 2D fighters, and customizing stuff into reality.

Hopefully, mugen only gets better. Mugen and the DB characters by Balthazar gave pressure to them to hurry up and shove out DB:EB, and the new One Piece fighters. They also stopped with 3D fighters, and started making fighting games 2D arranged again, like MKX and SFV.
    If Mugen can put pressure on official companies like that, then maybe the fan votes will start meaning something again. So mugen is definitely not dead, and it now has enough power to pressure official people.

Ive seen guys complain and rant about how "bad" mugen is, and then leave a link to the only good or balanced mugen. And it was always the exact same thing. A perfect clone of CvS2, and the characters werent truly balanced. Just console accurate. If thats the case, then just go buy the game and stop wasting time, unless you intend to mix CvS in with everybody else for sake of fun and variety. EvE and Mugen Archive exist for a reason.
    2-well if you ask me every touhou char looks almost the same, so it can be anyone.

3-CvS style is not bad, but is certainly overrated IMO.

4-there's only one answer for that type of stages... drugs.

maybe is not that dead, but is getting stuck in one style, in my opinion mugen can be as balanced or unbalanced as you want, but now that you're talking about full games and mugen, it reminds me somethings i hate about the engine too.

moleboxing:i understand that some people want their games to be complete and untouched, but while is not that bad, is kinda annoying in some games.

screenpacks with custom portraits:waste of time IMO.

Uploads
    Comments

Hmm.
    The fact that:
    There's characters that can destroy your PC just by launching them.
    i 'm s t ar i n g a t y o u g a s t e r
    Z A W A R U D O

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Really? Is MUGEN a Fighting game with downloadable characters and is extremely easy to make characters with or is it a game where you have to make the cheapest one Hit KO character in the whole community?

Uploads
    Comments

Hmm. It's a game where you have to make th cheapest one hit KO character.
    I can't find any decent characters that isn't encrypted and overpowered.
    I'm staring at you,again,Jazu.
    Z A W A R U D O

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    Honestly, the worst thing about MUGEN is... MUGEN. I hate to be that guy who makes characters but hates MUGEN anyways but MUGEN has a lot of problems community and engine wise. Here's why:

- Too much drama

- The only large MUGEN communities out there are Mugen< > and Mugen < > (Wish MugenArchive the best luck)

- On top of that, there is absolutely no Japanese forum sites for Mugen. So how does Japan interact with their fellow Mugen players in their language?

- It is almost impossible to make a balanced roster.

- The puzzle pieces are always missing. What I mean by that is basically we are missing a ton of important characters. We have Agrias, so where's Ramza? Montblanc? But no Marche? Vivi? But no Zidane? Erza but no pink hair fire dude from Fairy Tail? Link? But no Zelda? No Klonoa stages? Freedom Planet? What?

- Poorly designed characters. Also known as "Retards" I often see these characters. I don't blame them for being bad. Maybe they're beginner's practice.

- People who make fun of "Retard creators" for simply making bad characters.

- Way too much customization. I know, I know. But hear me out... A lot of customization is good, but too much freedom will lead to bad causes, and honestly we're better off with a highly customizable Smash clone rather than a highly customizable Street Fighter/MVC/Tekken/Whatever.

- Back in 2009 and below (Thank god this was over) MUGEN download scams were common. I remember when I got a virus the first time I installed WinMUGEN.

- Not very many people like to help others. People who need help are often ignored and like mentioned before, people would rather make fun of the bashed rather than give feedback.

- Now to finish this off, while the customization within CHARACTERS are unlimited in an unhealthy matter, the rest are very, very limited.
    you forgot mugenfighter< >

Uploads
    Comments

Oh,you reminded me soultaker.
    RAmza exists,montblanc exists,marche exists,zidane exists There's no natsu? Are you kidding me? I used to have a one that attacked directly via specials. There's zelda. And there's link.
    Z A W A R U D O

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Taker View Post
    you forgot mugenfighter< >
    That too and M F F A. They're both forums that refuse to die no matter how many times M F F A shows its death and how much drama M F G decides to go through.