UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

View Poll Results: The MUGEN ARCHIVE is evil?

Voters
613. This poll is closed
  • Nah, just a petty power struggle

220 35.89%
  • Yes, pure evil

88 14.36%
  • I don't care, I just want to play lol

305 49.76%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Do you really believe the MUGEN ARCHIVE is evil?

I'm one of those guys who can't stand to see data get lost. It just... argh!
    So no. In fact, I wish we had backups of our backups.

Uploads
    Comments

I don't care. But Not Pure Evil!(Lol)

Uploads
    Comments

personally i do not think this site is evil. i can't say much for the fair use of characters. but i can see where they come from. tbh the only evil thing this site has done is no love weekends, and even then, i learned why. so i can no longer call that evil, so many people think the 18+ section is evil, i just sit back and laugh my *** off. as if you don't like it just avoid it. tbh this site has been insanely good to me, the admins are the friendliest people i've seen anywhere. the uploads are amazing, i'm here whenever i can. just to feed my mugen addiction but if i had one issue. i'd say i wish i could be more helpful. my internet is kinda garbage. so even downloading the tools to upload is almost impossible. which sucks. because i'd like to contribute more... anything to keep this fantastic site alive. even if i have to be a one person army to do it. other then that. i love this site. and would hate to see it go down because some morons hate the idea. keep up the amazing work mugenarchive!

Uploads
    Comments

What is this

- - - Updated - - -

why is this

Uploads
    Comments

MugenArchive is the most comprehensive collection of MUGEN characters, stages, and other assorted files that there has ever been. Hands down. Some random ads to help pay to maintain this massive library is a small price to pay considering the wealth of content.

Uploads
    Comments

The MUGEN Archive has better community than the other MUGEN sites in my opinion

"GAO! GAO! GAOOO!"
    -Saber Lion, King of the Wild

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by leycrimsonriver View Post
    The MUGEN Archive has better community than the other MUGEN sites in my opinion
    There are other MUGEN sites?

Unless they have people with memes as fresh as mine they are null and void XD

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

yes. They are. MugenArchive are EVIL! They're planning to take over the world and outdo Google and become a service for criminals to upload their illegal files.

(jk tho)

I don't care, I just want to play lol

Uploads
    Comments

Haven't come across seen anything malicious or sinister about this site from my experience here so far lol. Sites pretty great. Period.

Uploads
    Comments

Nothing is evil about this site. People are just too sensitive about changes and certain topics, like the 18+ section.

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

I've been here for some months already... I'd say, but maybe it's too soon to talk... that MUGENARCHIVE isn't evil.
    It just needs some order in forum boards (Mugen Configuration possibly merged with Mugen Development... it's the same thing! also "Misc Discussion" can be merged with "Non-mugen Talk"), a graphic/music/creative board for artists to express themselves, and some FAQ for Mugen Configuration and Help (at least I'm judging this because of the many topics like "Help me! I can't double click on MUGEN.EXE because my mouse is broken!!!11" lol)

Also: a search bar would solve, with a giant message like: "SEARCH THE FORUM BEFORE SPAMMING". or something along this line.

Also MUGENARCHIVE, I think, shouldn't host files if creators have their own site and the file is available. But it's ok, imho, if the file is offline/nowhere to be found. In this case, any accusation for being a "warehouse" would instantly disappear.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by mulambo View Post
    I've been here for some months already... I'd say, but maybe it's too soon to talk... that MUGENARCHIVE isn't evil.
    It just needs some order in forum boards (Mugen Configuration possibly merged with Mugen Development... it's the same thing! also "Misc Discussion" can be merged with "Non-mugen Talk"), a graphic/music/creative board for artists to express themselves, and some FAQ for Mugen Configuration and Help (at least I'm judging this because of the many topics like "Help me! I can't double click on MUGEN.EXE because my mouse is broken!!!11" lol)

Also: a search bar would solve, with a giant message like: "SEARCH THE FORUM BEFORE SPAMMING". or something along this line.

Also MUGENARCHIVE, I think, shouldn't host files if creators have their own site and the file is available. But it's ok, imho, if the file is offline/nowhere to be found. In this case, any accusation for being a "warehouse" would instantly disappear.
    I don't what forum you're looking at but forum here is pretty well maintained from my point of view and I have no problem using it. Configuration and development are two different things in terms of topics listed on each section and doesn't need to be merged at all. As for the search bar, works just fine for me. Uploaders, especially new ones just need to learn to utilize the search engine more efficiently and do research before actually posting. IMHO, what Mugenarchive is doing a great job hosting all of these works regardless of public opinion. For when a char or stage is seemingly lost anywhere else, just come here and find it, Because we'll likely have it somewhere.

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

For when a char or stage is seemingly lost anywhere else, just come here and find it, Because we'll likely have it somewhere.
    Well that's what I meant, but only if that file can't be found in the author's website. I think MUGENARCHIVE can become the right source to keep track of any MUGEN creation.

About merging topics: heh. It's all about opinions. Configuring a stage and developing a stage are also two different things, but both issues can be solved with Notepad, isn't it fantastic? -_-'
    I don't what forum you're looking at but forum here is pretty well maintained from my point of view and I have no problem using it.
    The matter here is not about personal perception/feeling of a forum. It's about order of topics and boards. I'm ok with them too now, BUT, I must say that sometimes it gets confusing.

For example: what's the difference between a non-mugen discussion and a misc. discussion?

what's the difference between configuration help and development help ? when you're editing select.def (that's just "configuration" for you) you're actually developing (like a noob, but you're editing the original MUGEN package, you're making it work differently). when you're editing the "attack" value of a char in his .cns main file, are you configuring it? or are you developing? that's a really thin difference imho.

Ok, I'll tell you how it is, how I see it:

- SITE BOARD (ANYTHING MODS ONLY, LOCKED TOPICS, ONLY ADMINS AND MODS CAN POST TOPICS, MOSTLY UPDATES, RULES, ETC.)
    - MUGEN HELP (CONFIGURATION AND DEVELOPMENT, WITH FAQS LOCKED TOPICS IN IT) >>>> possibly 2 sub-boards for both things ? why not. so nobody will cry about it. :P
    - CREATIVE BOARD (GRAPHICS, MUSIC, CONCEPTS, PLOTS FOR GAMES, ANY ARTISTIC EXPRESSION)
    - MISC DISCUSSIONS (ANYTHING ELSE)

just a few ideas, the forum can remain how it is, but if I have to tell my opinion there it is. :P
    Last edited by mulambo; 6th June 2017 at 12:15.

Uploads
    Comments

To each his own I suppose :P I do agree with you to some degree when it comes to clarity on some things so look if you want to advocate your opinions why not just go to the source and message the admins about this? I'm sure they'll hear you out and probably help you confirm these aspects in order for you to have a better experience here on this site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aka2810 View Post
    To each his own I suppose :P I do agree with you to some degree when it comes to clarity on some things so look if you want to advocate your opinions why not just go to the source and message the admins about this? I'm sure they'll hear you out and probably help you confirm these aspects in order for you to have a better experience here on this site.
    Because I know you're not the only person out there who feels that way when it comes to things like this :)

Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

why not just go to the source and message the admins about this? I'm sure they'll hear you out and probably help you confirm these aspects in order for you to have a better experience here on this site.
    nay, I think they don't give too much attention for it, or at least tabris666 already kindly explained to me that there is no need to change things (but I still don't understand why... I guess that's to make this Forum different from many others like M F G in structure). I'm clueless.

Uploads
    Comments

Heres what I think. I'm only gonna assume that its just theres so many people on this site, they have have to cater to all these people's preferences when it comes to site experience, and try to streamline the infrastructure of this site in order to meet those needs. Yes its not perfect and not everyone can be satisfied, But you just have to make compromises when running a site as big as this.

Uploads
    Comments

Site would be fine if it wasnt a hub for rape **** :v

seriously dizzy. You care way too much about this. I am 100% sure that whoever youre paranoid about doesnt really care whether this site exists or not.

Uploads
    Comments

I like the idea of this site (ads and all) because as more and more mugen sites die, there is little likelihood the creations will remain available. And this is too cool a concept to die that easily.

I've seen a few other archive places die, too - so who knows in the long run.

I voted no, but I think you should add an option for the preservation of the 'artform'. Like a library really - also very cool that a place exists that holds anything and everything: good, bad, terrible, etc.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Alright, MA is becoming one of the top sites for MUGEN right now. So it's not a power struggle, neither is it pure evil... Soo.... I guess the 3rd option.