UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Sad Worst fighting game you guys ever played

So what's your guys's worst fighting game?
    Mine is Fight Fever. It's a crappy neogeo game with boring characters,boring moves,crappy gameplay,etc.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Worst fighting game you guys ever played

I've liked every fighting game I own. Virtua Fighter 5 and fighting Vipers was just whatever.

Other people don't seem to like it but Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion may be my worst quality wise. I really enjoy it because I'm good at it and I love unbalanced rosters. I see it as a challenge. I know more than I should about that game.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Um cool View Post
    I've liked every fighting game I own. Virtua Fighter 5 and fighting Vipers was just whatever.

Other people don't seem to like it but Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion may be my worst quality wise. I really enjoy it because I'm good at it and I love unbalanced rosters. I see it as a challenge. I know more than I should about that game.
    I din't played this one but i think it is good. Also i don't care about unbalanced rosters. Rare Akuma is even one of my mugen favorite chars lol
    Last edited by snowybro; 26th September 2019 at 17:32.

The worst I played would have to be the Sega Genesis port of Clay Fighter. It actually reminds me of Street Fighter II Rainbow Edition because of how absurd & glitchy it is.

Uploads
    Comments

the official G Gundam mobile game for Java Mobile
    A good idea executed poorly. The sprites are seriously the only good part about that game. Everything else is a complete and utter mess. If you want to play a decent G Gundam 2D fighter, then I would suggest you play the SNES/Super Famicom game, The Battle: Kidou Butoden G Gundam, and/or Gundam Battle Assault 2 (the latter two are for the PS1) instead.
    Last edited by TheWhiteDevil27; 25th September 2019 at 19:34.
    The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555
    PPVS2 Username: Signum
    Trakt.tv account: https://trakt.tv/users/thewhitedevil27
    Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/TheWhiteDevil27/

Uploads
    Comments

I'm not gonna troll on this one; Hiryu No Ken S/Ultimate Fighter is "Street Fighter 1987"-levels of clunky. Keep in mind it was released in 1993, 2 years after Street Fighter 2 refined just about everything in the genre. What rubs even more salt in the wound is that they haphazardly threw in turn-based combat and beat-em-up stage progression just because the fighting itself is mediocre.

https://youtu.be/mU2fph_hZbM

I find SD Hiryu No Ken to be a slight improvement but it's still hard to control nonetheless.
    My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - 3/8 stages completed; 4/10 characters completed

Uploads
    Comments

Soulcalibur Mobile for java is pretty bad also. I thought a 2d soulcalibur game would be good,but the control and gameplay sucks.Also,you start the game with only mitsurugi unlocked. That is right a fighting game that has only one character unlocked at the start.

Other fighting games i dislike:
    Ranma 1/2 Chounai Gekitou Hen and Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle(Snes):Bad Gameplay,and i don't get used with games that you use a button to jump and block.Oh and the American localization of Ranma 1/2 Chounai Gekitou Hen,Street Combat by Irem(yeah,that Irem that made the awesome R-Type games)was even worster with more "american friendly" characters.Ranma was replaced with a generic blonde hero guy.Good thing Ranma 1/2 Chougi Ranbu Hen fixed the issues of the first two games.
    The King of Fighters 2001(Arcade)Since i din't played The King of Fighters XII,i think this is the worst kof game.The gameplay is lame,the ratio system is nowhere as good as the Capcom Vs Snk 2 ratio system,the musics are boring and the stages don't have too much work to them(although i liked the Japan,Korea and Brazil stages)oh and the artwork for the portraits is pretty bizarre if compared to other The King Of Fighters artwork.
    Seifuku Densetsu Pretty Fighter(Snes) I tried to like this game,with the cute girl-only roster and all.... but the gameplay is pretty confusing and the AI looks pretty bootleg-y.You know,that cheap ai that is mostly present in bootleg games.
    Mortal Kombat Advanced(Gameboy Advance) This is the worst mortal kombat game ever. They picked Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and transformed one of the best mortal kombat games into this mess.The Graphics are bad,the gameplay is worster,and even on the easiest difficulty this game is impossible.
    This looks like more a bootleg than a official game.
    Best of Best(Arcade) This game is horrenduous. The sound is terrible. Even a guy that have a giant scotch tape in his mouth can make better sounds than the ones in this game.The graphics are horrible,there are only 2 musics in battle,one for the first round and one for the second round(i don't know if there is a third round music,btw the first round music sounds like a brazilian music called "Chorando se foi"(Crying was gone), but i think its just a coincidence...)Oh and this game was released in 1994,the year that lots of glorius fighting games were released.
    (Dis)Honorable Mentions:
    Blandia(Arcade)The title of the game says it all. This game is sooooo bland(actually there is a remake doujin version of this game on PC-98,its called Blandia 98)
    Ballz 3d(Snes)Even if you putted Dragon in the start of name it woulnd't help(the title would become Dragon Ballz 3d,10/10 jokes here folks.)Its basically a terrible clone of Tekken with lots of balls,that explains why the characters are soooo boring.
    Dragon Ball Evolution(PSP)They used the Shin Budokai engine to make a licensed game about a really bad live-action movie.Some characters are interesting like Mai,Bulma,Chi Chi and Yamcha but most of them are lame.Also the cutscenes are pretty boring.The Shin Budokai cutscenes have way more interesting scenes,combined with a nice and enjoyable original story.
    There also a lot of terrible fighting games out there but i din't play a lot of them.Maybe because i don't want to torture myself playing these games or because i don't have the console.
    Last edited by snowybro; 14th October 2019 at 02:06.

Uploads
    Comments

I also have to go with Ballz 3D, no doubt. But in my experience it was the Genesis version. Absolutely nothing in it made sense.

Uploads
    Comments

Playstation All Stars. Basically Sony copying Nintendo's homework.

Uploads
    Comments

I think that playstation allstars looks nice.
    Last edited by snowybro; 9th October 2019 at 17:30.

Uploads
    Comments

I completely forgot this exists. The kicker is that it's made by some ex-SNK employees and they are charging 30-something bucks for homebrew carts.
    https://youtu.be/29C4Zsydmto
    Someone should rip the sprites though, they're decent even if the animation is choppy.
    My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - 3/8 stages completed; 4/10 characters completed

Uploads
    Comments

Watch this video and tell me this game doesn't look sloppy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAaZFevZRak

_Y_
                r'。∧。y.
             ゝ∨ノ         
              )~~(            
             ,i   i,        
             ,i>   <i  
             i>   <i.
    `=.,,ー- ...,,,__  |,r'''"7ヽ、|  __,,,... -ー,,.='      
      ~''':x.,,  ~"|{ {0} {0}}|"~  ,,z:''"
          ~"'=| /¨`ヽ  |=''"~    
            .|))ヽ._.ノ((|  
             `ー'′))|  

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward Tentacles View Post
    Watch this video and tell me this game doesn't look sloppy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAaZFevZRak
    that first fight with the fat dude had me rolling on the floor

Uploads
    Comments

Dude can't remember the name, but it was a mk-esque robot fighting game for the snes. The main dude was this blue robocop cyborg.

Uploads
    Comments

Garuda_X It is Rise of The Robots. It is soooo lame and boring.... And you can only play as the cyborg if you are player 1. If you are player 2 you can choose the other robots but they all are the same. This game looks like some unity 3d game,because all the fighters play the same.
    Last edited by snowybro; 14th October 2019 at 02:09.

Uploads
    Comments

It would have to be mugen and my controller.... ( It was a pretty bad setup, piecing everything together. Became just an a.i. showcase. Watch match etc..)

The worst game I ever played actually would be Primal Rage for the super nintendo. Nothing clicked with me and I just couldn't remain interested, even though I previously played Shaq Fu for the genesis a few years prior.

Uploads
    Comments

There was some Naruto fighting game on PS2 that I hated but I can't even remember what it was called

Uploads
    Comments

Shaq Fu. My dad was all into it when I was young, so he made me play it. It was entertaining when I was young (Because I didnt know any better.) Owning the Sega Genesis now, its easily the worst

Uploads
    Comments

i have no idea but it was on this bootleg preloaded games, game boy and it played this bootleg street fighter. since it only had 2 buttons you could only kick and punch.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Kenna the Kitsune View Post
    I'm not gonna troll on this one; Hiryu No Ken S/Ultimate Fighter is "Street Fighter 1987"-levels of clunky. Keep in mind it was released in 1993, 2 years after Street Fighter 2 refined just about everything in the genre. What rubs even more salt in the wound is that they haphazardly threw in turn-based combat and beat-em-up stage progression just because the fighting itself is mediocre.

https://youtu.be/mU2fph_hZbM

I find SD Hiryu No Ken to be a slight improvement but it's still hard to control nonetheless.
    I actually have it on a emulator.