UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Marvel vs. DC Ideas

The game that I've wanted for probably my whole life is a crossover game between Marvel and DC. MUGEN is the closest thing we have to a Marvel vs. DC game, but that's not enough. We need a real game. A crossover would probably be best suited for comics, but they already did that back in the '90s with the Amalgam characters. We need a modern rendition, and what better way to do it than with video games? (Movies would be a total mess in my opinion)

I think out all of the genres, fighting would definitely be the way to go, what with Marvel vs. Capcom and Injustice. Then they could make the games like this; Capcom could develop the first game, and name it "Marvel vs. DC," then NetherRealm Studios could develop the second game, named "DC vs. Marvel." Capcom's version could play like Marvel vs. Capcom, and NetherRealms' version could play like Injustice.

What do you guys think?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Marvel vs. DC Ideas

Crossovers aren't very common these days especially when it comes to video games its probably due to copyright and legal issues. That's why you don't see a lot of comic book crossovers as well like a Superman/Captain America comic. If some one would make a crossover Marvel vs DC it would have the devs do a lot of paper work before it would become an actually legit game
    Last edited by Dianatron90s; 5th July 2017 at 22:55.

Uploads
    Comments

I also have wanted a DC vs Marvel games. I did find a Dc vs Marvel mugen game that had about 95% of the characters i would want to see in a crossover. however most the characters where no good to play with or just different variants on the same character.

the game i found is called - Mr_Nygren's Marvel VS DC-Universe MUGEN -

if you dont alreday have this, i do hope you ill enjoy as much as i have.

Uploads
    Comments

I do not believe it's possible to have an official DC vs. Marvel game at the present time that could compete with MUGEN's fan projects.

Marvel is fragmented; half of their most popular characters are owned by Fox, who hold the rights to both the Fantastic Four and the X-Men franchises. That means that for anything X-Men related, Fox gets more money than Marvel every time it comes out.

The company's been pushing their non-X-Men characters more and more in recent years (at least since 2010), but the X-Men are still some of the biggest sellers Marvel has, and some of the most powerful characters. Deadpool, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Psylocke, Wolverine, X-23, Cyclops, Professor X, Magneto, Juggernaut, Phoenix, Sentinel, Onslaught, Apocalypse -- all of these characters are mainly X-Men or X-Men related, and if they were to make Marvel vs. DC today, Marvel would likely not use any of them, or at the very least use as few as they could financially get away with and still sell copies.