UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Sad Who here is a perfectionist?

I myself (though I hate to be) is one.

If I see a portrait that's out of line or is not in the same format as other characters, I need to go get that .sff file and change it to my preference.

Also, I can't stand characters with AI's so dumb or too strong to the point it breaks the game. Then, I also need to go in to the files and change every value inside the CNS files.

I get tired after doing all that, but my eyes twitch if I see something out of place.

Am I the only one who lives a painful MUGEN life like this?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Who here is a perfectionist?

Have you ever tried using fighter factory, I don't know if the .CNS part could help you much, but with with the portraits it can. All you have to do is open you the characters .def file, then head to sprites, find the sprite of the portrait (If you can't find it, go back into your mugen and select that fighter to see its portrait), and finally move it to a respectable spot by clicking and dragging and click save character.

If it doesn't work, then i'm sorry, I tried my best to tell you

Uploads
    Comments

I hear ya. I have to organize characters by franchise and they all have to have similar portraits that line up right. The great thing about mugen though is that if you put in the time to learn, perfection can be achieved. I've gotten familiar with fighter factory and through a few obscure youtube tutorials I've learned how to tweak everything to my liking. Don't beat yourself up perfectionism is a blessing in game development

Uploads
    Comments

I used to tend to be one
    but failed

I wouldn't consider myself a perfectionist. I do get major OCD when during fun times with my mugen I stumble upon something wrong with the character I'm playing as or fighting such as infinites, bugged or cheating AI, or hovering just above the floor after getting hit out of an attack. This angers every-time it happens because not only do I have to pull up FF to patch it out, but if it's a character I uploaded, I'm urged to upload the patched version immediately. Fortunately I've got the patch upload compulsion tamed because If I do find an issue, I spend a few days play-testing to find and fix more problems before uploading the update.
    Last edited by Proud of Ragequittin; 12th August 2019 at 20:42.