UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

News Mugen 1.1 Game Intro

Hi all, how do people create Mugen Game Intro? I tried to find a guide or some software to do it, but i didn't find anything.
    I want to create the whole game intro, i'm not talking about character intro's.

[ If there's a similar post and i didn't see, feel free to delete this one :) ]

Tabris666 is offline User banned for repeated defamation (through sock puppet accounts) Banned
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Mugen 1.1 Game Intro

It depends but practically is making an animation for example you need to rip the pics,advantage of 1.1 is you dont need to worry about indexing color you can use straight from video images but you need to use a good video player with advanced tools (vlc player is the best) to rip each frame after that put it on the sff you made for the project.
    The code should be like this for animation
    [Begin Action 0]
    0,0, 0,0, 60, ,
    0,1, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,2, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,3, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,4, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,5, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,6, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,7, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,8, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,9, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,10, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,11, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,12, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,13, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,14, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,15, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,16, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,17, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,18, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,19, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,20, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,21, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,22, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,23, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,24, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,25, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,26, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,27, 0,0, 2, ,
    0,28, 0,0, 2, ,
    That is mostly how you dow animations intro

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Hi Ninjo
    Last edited by OldGamer; Jun 05, 2018 at 07:46.

Tabris666 is offline User banned for repeated defamation (through sock puppet accounts) Banned
    Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by OldGamer View Post
    Hi Ninjo
    I made a Video Guide for you on how to make your own Mugen Game Intro for the Mugen software
    Mate he was asking how to make an intro movie not animations,thats what you showed how to mae an animation for a char which is quite contrary to what he was asking.
    Avoid answering stuff if you are giving misleading information.
    The animation you show on the video is prctically making an .air which is useless because mugen logos and intros wont load .air
    If you know how to code then you can load a video but you need to code a lua script (which mugen 1.1 allows)

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Tabris666 View Post
    Mate he was asking how to make an intro movie not animations,thats what you showed how to mae an animation for a char which is quite contrary to what he was asking.
    The animation you show on the video is prctically making an .air which is useless because mugen logos and intros wont load .air
    If you know how to code then you can load a video but you need to code a lua script (which mugen 1.1 allows)
    I'm curious, what else can lua do within the limitations of mugen?
    I'm aware that there are ways of loading a video in mugen, but never tried it myself, never knew it was through lua.
    I'm looking through google right now as to what lua can do within the engine, but so far not getting helpful results; at least no mugen related.

-EDIT-

Also, what do I use to open the files inside mugen.exe?
    You know, when you right click mugen.exe and open it like a .zip?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	369 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	1185
    Last edited by emulator; Feb 04, 2017 at 20:31.

Uploads
    Comments

Logo's and intros indeed don't load .air files, however to make animations you still have to use the same format from the .air files in the logo and intro files.
    But instead, you have to separate it by using layers, for ex here's a sample from one of my mugen's logo's

[Scene 0]
    ; Fade
    fadein.time = 60
    fadeout.time = 60
    ; Screen color
    clearcolor = 255,255,255
    ; Overlay Anims (from 0 to 9)
    layerall.pos = 160,120 ;Default position for all layers
    layer0.anim = 1 ;Anim action number
    ; Music
    bgm =
    bgm.loop = 0
    ; Total time
    end.time = 300

under the scene's, you have to add the animations in the same way the .air files format them in characters.

Uploads
    Comments

I never made it like that i made the sff put all the images in a group and after that saved everything and wrote the def file,is more easy and less complicated then what you suggest.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

The .Air is for Mugen Character animation and also this trigger for lifebars. the .Air does not work for Screen Pack or Mugen Full Games themes In general.
    The .Air only work for Mugen Characters and LifeBars :D

and once again he did say>>>>>>>>> I want to create the whole game intro, i'm not talking about character intro's.
    :P this method is same dam thing or maybe don't you get it or understand it lol. But I been dealing with intros all my life and I know what he wanted :P MATE lol

and if he did say how to make intro for mugen character I can show him on how to code the intro for the mugen character's cns by using .Air and also the intro.def. but he did clearly said how to make mugen game intro :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by That Blue Flame guy View Post
    Logo's and intros indeed don't load .air files, however to make animations you still have to use the same format from the .air files in the logo and intro files.
    But instead, you have to separate it by using layers, for ex here's a sample from one of my mugen's logo's

[Scene 0]
    ; Fade
    fadein.time = 60
    fadeout.time = 60
    ; Screen color
    clearcolor = 255,255,255
    ; Overlay Anims (from 0 to 9)
    layerall.pos = 160,120 ;Default position for all layers
    layer0.anim = 1 ;Anim action number
    ; Music
    bgm =
    bgm.loop = 0
    ; Total time
    end.time = 300

under the scene's, you have to add the animations in the same way the .air files format them in characters.
    Indeed .Air coding only work for mugen character and lifebars :) because you can code the lifebar by using the same coding for mugen character and also add the trigger and statedef control command . this has been done before with addon004 lifebar :D
    Last edited by OldGamer; Feb 06, 2017 at 01:38.

Uploads
    Comments

Good day Oldgamer, I have a request.. can you please give us your tutorial video for making intros or can you provide us with a step by step instructions... I had success in making my own mugen intro by following your steps but now I forgot, when I watch it on youtube, the video is no longer there... thanks and hope to see your reply.

Uploads
    Comments

NO

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryanrate77 View Post
    Good day Oldgamer, I have a request.. can you please give us your tutorial video for making intros or can you provide us with a step by step instructions... I had success in making my own mugen intro by following your steps but now I forgot, when I watch it on youtube, the video is no longer there... thanks and hope to see your reply.
    I cant sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ryanrate77 View Post
    You mean the video on youtube you want to rip off for mugen is no longer up? It sucks; a lot of youtube video is being taken down because of copyright claims.

The way I learned how to do make mugen cutscenes/intros/endings is by learning to make stages. They are very similar and from there I just opened up an all ready made intro and used fighter factory to match the information with the images to the mugen code/script or whatever, I think it's a .def file?

Also check out my uploads, there is a program that can screencap rips from wherever you click. You'll probably have to edit them afterwards so they fit properly. After that color index the images properly so they work.

You are looking at a long process here. As usual you are gonna ahve to do everything yourself unless you are okay with using other people's work and don't mind taking shotcuts or making quality sacrifices, but even then the work is a lot.

Anyway goodluck with your wip.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A x ◿ View Post
    You mean the video on youtube you want to rip off for mugen is no longer up? It sucks; a lot of youtube video is being taken down because of copyright claims.

The way I learned how to do make mugen cutscenes/intros/endings is by learning to make stages. They are very similar and from there I just opened up an all ready made intro and used fighter factory to match the information with the images to the mugen code/script or whatever, I think it's a .def file?

Also check out my uploads, there is a program that can screencap rips from wherever you click. You'll probably have to edit them afterwards so they fit properly. After that color index the images properly so they work.

You are looking at a long process here. As usual you are gonna ahve to do everything yourself unless you are okay with using other people's work and don't mind taking shotcuts or making quality sacrifices, but even then the work is a lot.

Anyway goodluck with your wip.
    my video were no taken down I was hacked and all my video were removed for no reason, none my video guide had no music all so was just my voices on the video. so after all that hard work making video and they were deleted. I am not going to bother doing it again is that simple really.

Uploads
    Comments

Or you can have a guy who knows how to make the best intros on mugen, make 1 for ya....yes that's me, and well it is alot of work.

Uploads
    Comments

Hi all wanna ask here does mugen 1.1 support all characters. Because when i try to play shiki a message pop out said 'Invalid format specifier in "p2bodydist X:%lf,p2bodydist Y:%lf,vel X:%lf,vel Y:%lf"
    Error parsing [state 1390]
    Error in [Statedef 1390]
    Error in 00shiki.cns:4595
    Character mugenversion is older than this version of M.U.G.E.N.
    Error loading chars/shiki/shiki.def
    Error loading p1
    '
    sorry rip eng...
    btw im new to this game

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by symeth View Post
    Hi all wanna ask here does mugen 1.1 support all characters. Because when i try to play shiki a message pop out said 'Invalid format specifier in "p2bodydist X:%lf,p2bodydist Y:%lf,vel X:%lf,vel Y:%lf"
    Error in [Statedef 1390]
    Error loading p1
    '
    sorry rip eng...
    btw im new to this game
    <,< dude that a character code issue not a mugen intro code issue and you are in wrong section

Quote Originally Posted by symeth View Post
    Error in [Statedef 1390]
    Error loading p1
    '
    sorry rip eng...
    btw im new to this game
    Welcome!

In the future you should ask in the help threads though from what I'm reading it seems it's the mugen version date that may be keeping you from playing the character. Try changing the mugen version & date in the character .def file.

If it's not that, pay close attention to the error message. It could be a code it is unable to read. There are some characters that are not backward compatible and others even forward compatible! If thee coder messed something up you'll have to look up the code that is crashing mugen and fix it yourself. Open one of the code .cns files and do a notepad or fighter factory search of the invalid format stuff mugen doesn't recognize as code. It looks like p2bodydist X, one of the mugen engines probably doesn't have this new or old coding in the engine to play the requested fighter action code.

If it's the mugen version, try this,,,

The best way to find out is to move your character in each mugen version and see if they work properly. There is winmugen, mugen 1.0, and mugen 1.1beta as well as the other builds between them such as the release candidates and the other leaks such as 1.1 alpha. Also there is a dos and mac out there, somewhere?

Uploads
    Comments

It's okay now, I had figured many things by studying how to make mugen intros... and thanks for the good luck on my W.I.P mugen roster, I will be posting my own creation in the future and help other guys in giving more contents, characters and stages..

Uploads
    Comments

hey u asked about that vegeta ultra instinct in another audio well i just uploaded it in english