UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Mad Community Weekend...

Hello, I'm Pepalito. I am new here on mugenarchive.com. Today I was trying to download a character, until the download wasn't running. I realized that it was the community weekend, and I could not download anything. Apparently, it says I am an idle account. Is there any way to fix this, or post enough to be registered as active?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Community Weekend...

Also new comer here. Last week I could still download data but now it seems I haven't get permession to get files...
    I'm sure I had activate my account, so Administrators may just limit silent accounts to have the download function...

Uploads
    Comments

Apparently we are required to post a few times to get to the new challenger status (which happens automatically), at which point we can download things again...unless I misinterpreted that

Uploads
    Comments

I heard that you might need to post a comment to at least 10 different threads for the "New Challenger" Status, at least that's what I heard.

Uploads
    Comments

Seems like MeepMeep has NC status without 10 posts though.

I'm just legit worried that this will create a lot of spam posts on the forums. Forcing people participate who don't want to participate, doesn't seem like a good i

Uploads
    Comments

is because this site have much mugens characters nice

Uploads
    Comments

Yeah you are right, it seems inconsistent, and hurtful participation. As someone who just found this site, it really ****s with me wanting to participate in anything in the future - everything about this is disingenuous.

Uploads
    Comments

psshhh, your supposed to post a few times DAILY. I used to be a newcomer. They also keep switching my download privilages on and off, youd think thatd get tedious, guess its fun for them

Thats kind of hard personally, work 8 hours in a factory where your moving non stop with heavy objects to come home wanting to go to sleep.. But hey, ”everybody got choices”

Uploads
    Comments

I'm new too, and the weekend is over and I just always download anything yet I participate in forums, but I do not interresser bit me all the topics ...

Uploads
    Comments

im new too and since i was inactive i couldnt download anything. although its monday already must be a great weekend, so that the admin doesnt want to end it
    or maybe its not over because nobody was active during the weekend so they are punishing us with an extra long community weekend

Uploads
    Comments

im sure the admins have good intentions on the community weekend as well as the restrictions. I was a lurker on a couple of Mugen sites couple of years back, apparently most of the forum sites are down now. I'm sure they're trying to keep a community to ensure that the forum/site survives.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by niereth View Post
    im sure the admins have good intentions on the community weekend as well as the restrictions. I was a lurker on a couple of Mugen sites couple of years back, apparently most of the forum sites are down now. I'm sure they're trying to keep a community to ensure that the forum/site survives.
    Thank you for your support, it's true a lot of MUGEN sites have died due to the lack of activity.

Quote Originally Posted by argetlam View Post
    psshhh, your supposed to post a few times DAILY. I used to be a newcomer. They also keep switching my download privilages on and off, youd think thatd get tedious, guess its fun for them
    Your case is specific, I think you got auto demoted due to abuse.
    Did you use some kind of download manager or download accelerator?
    Please check our TOS, the use of download managers is a strictly forbidden.

IV.3 Using any kind of script/bot to register, post or download is forbidden.
    Do not use any script to automatically register an account, post or download site content. All of these operations must be done manually.
    Download accelerators, bulk download managers and website copiers overload the servers and impact general user experience, so their use is strictly forbidden and will result in your site access being limited or revoked, temporarily or permanently.
    Infraction = account permanent ban and depending on the severity of the offense, IP ban or IP range ban can also be issued.

Uploads
    Comments

I understand that the admins have nothing but good intentions for this site and just want it to stay alive. I get that, and I want that also. But I'm afraid people will just start shitposting in order to gain the permission to download. Instead of becoming an alive community it could just create a mess.
    I'm not saying it's a bad decision, not at all. There's just a chance that it could end badly.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Thank you for your support, it's true a lot of MUGEN sites have died due to the lack of activity.

Your case is specific, I think you got auto demoted due to abuse.
    Did you use some kind of download manager or download accelerator?
    Please check our TOS, the use of download managers is a strictly forbidden.
    That is super interesting. To think you guys were announcing download abuse when I started downloading actively while im thinking ”watch it be me and not know it.” Lol

Download manager? I use Firefox on the phone, could that be it? No add ons. I tried internet explorer but downloading resulted in getting cut 200 kbs in. and I always thought accelerators were scams >.>

So if it is me. Is it possible that its malware or a virus? Or maybe....I AM THE ACCELERATOR?!?!?! Cause all my life ive had the luck of things downloading Way faster than what the ”download estimate” would say on a page.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by argetlam View Post
    That is super interesting. To think you guys were announcing download abuse when I started downloading actively while im thinking ”watch it be me and not know it.” Lol

Download manager? I use Firefox on the phone, could that be it? No add ons. I tried internet explorer but downloading resulted in getting cut 200 kbs in. and I always thought accelerators were scams >.>

So if it is me. Is it possible that its malware or a virus? Or maybe....I AM THE ACCELERATOR?!?!?! Cause all my life ive had the luck of things downloading Way faster than what the ”download estimate” would say on a page.
    I can look into it but I sure hope you're not lying. If the logs have evidence of download accelerators, I will be very upset.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    I can look into it but I sure hope you're not lying. If the logs have evidence of download accelerators, I will be very upset.
    Well, to be completely honest, I used to log out and download files as guest whenever I used up my downloads, but that couldnt be it, right?

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by chezburger View Post
    Seems like MeepMeep has NC status without 10 posts though.

I'm just legit worried that this will create a lot of spam posts on the forums. Forcing people participate who don't want to participate, doesn't seem like a good i
    I agree with this. What can I talk about?, oh im a mugen illiterate, but I love mugen. I don't think that posting will be enough, from what I read on the adm. message, people might have to upload some. anyways, I don't know how this new rules will go

Uploads
    Comments

It seems this rule very unfriendly to us new comer. I am searching some char which leads me to this site and find it excellent source of mugen. however just to get frustrated that now it is community weekend.... of course I understand the good intention to get more fans involved in the topic, but there´s really few things interest me to make a post.

Uploads
    Comments

No need to be upset, just wait it out and resume lurking

Uploads
    Comments

It's really not that bad, Just post in some forums and you will be promoted in no time.