UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax MUGEN 1.0 beta

Hello, the game is complete in the version beta.

The game can be downloaded from my blog:

https://dannygaray60.blogspot.com/2019/05/dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax-mugen.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0-Cover.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	428.5 KB 
ID:	5193

Name:	cap0.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	5194

Name:	33.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	5195

Name:	cap3.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	5196

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax MUGEN 1.0 beta

Hey Danny, yo tambien estoy haciendo un MUGEN de DBFC. Yo tengo algunas diferentes imagenes y chars, puedo usar tu juego como un base para el mio? Yo te mando un link beta para que pruebes.
    "Only the skilled can parry all the hits from the longest of special moves."
    Me, 2019

Uploads
    Comments

dale, no hay ningún problema

Uploads
    Comments

For reasons known only to myself I downloaded, played and will now review this fullgame.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ MY WALL-OF-TEXT, HERE ARE MY RESULTS-85% or 42.5 out of 50, WITH CHARACTER PROBLEMS BEING THE BIGGEST FLAW.
    I know it's a beta, but I don't see the fullgame maker improving the major flaws-the characters.

ART/VISUALS - - 9.5/10
    It looks fantastic. The visuals are based off the actual DBFC game, but they look good, rather than just something slapped together by a fan.
    The menu art, stage BGs, character portraits all look really sharp. A couple portraits look slightly off from the others, but not enough to be jarring.
    The characters share the same art styles, which makes sense as they were the chars from the actual game, but there are a couple add-ins that also look like they belong (Ruby Rose(RWBY), anyone?).
    One (minor) problem is that some visual components that look like they're straight from the DBFC game. Because it's in Japanese. I kinda wanted to read those blocks of text. Another is the PS style "X" or "O" visual that serves no purpose at all.

LAYOUT - - 9.5/10
    All the menus are great. Nice and snazzy looking, no clutter, wide open space that nevertheless doesn't give the impression of blank space. There's a small problem with some character-related details, but more on that later.

SOUND - - 9.5/10
    Sounds are nice and clean, both menu and character. No huge quality or volume differences to become annoyed with.
    BGM is good stuff, though I didn't hear much, I'm sure it's pretty much uniform throughout. The character intros, however are in Japanese. I know it was unavoidable, but...

Content - - 8/10
    Modes include Arcade, VS, Survival,Practice and Watch, so all the MUGEN basics.
    Character count feels thin, but is actually pretty standard-sized. Also, there probably aren't too many chars with this fight style.
    Some 3-button chars mixed in with some other 6-button chars. I'll mention this below.

CHARACTERS - - 6/10
    Here's where the problems come into play, and while I had fun, it showcases a problem common in MUGEN.
    The game has huge inconsistencies. Of the actual game, only one character here seems to have the support system of DBFC. While others try to make it seem that way they're locked to a single supporter. Only one fighter(Kirino Kousaka(Oreimo)) can choose their support character, and it seems to be inactive. I tried several of them, using the included move list for the character. Not one of the tried supporters did anything, so why the huge list? Perhaps some work?

Different control styles. Not all characters are 6-buttoners, and a few have an extra in-battle menu that isn't clear on it's use. It can be figured out to an extent, but why does this bar fill and are these other bars just for show? A "BLAST" bar is shown under HP, but I don't think all chars use it. It seems to be an emergency knock down attack for those who can use it.

The biggest problem is AI. Here's the MUGEN related problem. A good way(my way, at least) to test how much of a challenge a char will be, is put it in watch mode against a char with average AI and, well, watch. I do this here, and I see a lot of jumping. Some walk-pushing(chars who just walk into each other and push instead of attacking.) Some attacks used where they have zero chance of connecting. These are all indicators of a character who isn't going to beat you unless you've never picked up a video game before. There are several chars who do put up a decent fight, but still aren't much challenge. And then...there are the beasts. All three SAO characters fall here, with Asuna and Yuuki being the worst offenders. Asuna in particular. Put these in a 1 V 4 watch fight, and you can be 99% sure who's coming out on top, unless they face another beast.

To summarize, the graphics are beautiful. The sound is excellent. The controls are lacking consistency, but not necessarily bad.
    The chars, however, are just DLed and plopped into this beautiful setup with minor compatibility changes, maybe, and I'm pretty sure some are unfinished works.

It's not bad, and you'll most likely have fun. Just don't expect too much out of it.