UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What ruins a mugen character for you?

Characters that use 3D Models as sprites
    god most of them suck

Uploads
    Comments

I'm with you, fuzzynuts. And it's not just a poor AI, sound rips and silly sounds, but the character can be overbalanced or underbalanced. No sound rips, poor palette displays, but the movement the characters make aren't the same when you see them in the arcades or on console.

Uploads
    Comments

if I decide not to add a character to my roster it is usually because of some of these factors:

- underdeveloped moveset
    - glitchy animations
    - slow movement
    - 3D-based or too high res sprites
    - overly ******ized (plz stop doing female characters this way)
    - "chibi" style or neckbeard creepy vibe anime sprites
    - too powerful
    - too much of a meme/joke-character

Uploads
    Comments

poor graphics, glitchy animations, and sounds that are either way too loud or way too soft and have no in between.

Uploads
    Comments

For me, two things really screws a character in my opinion: The character is hit and instead of falling down, he either floats infinitely or pass through the ground. The other thing is the good old "Oh no, i'm about to lose. Gusee what? I'm getting infinite super meter and i'll use right away a full screen unblockable instakill move. Have a nice day". Don't get me wrong, one hit KO is fine when executed right. The problem is when the AI casually pulls a move that you can't escape and you'll lose pretty much in a blink of an eye. That's not fun, just crushing the opponent like that.

Uploads
    Comments

Characters limited to 1.1, characters with bad sprites, characters that aren't scaled up in size to the category they're converted (hello Demitri), characters with less than 6 attack buttons. Few are the chars that I like with less than 6 buttons. Characters that play completely different from their source material.
    Last edited by GaRbS; 12th May 2019 at 17:57.

Uploads
    Comments

What ruins a mugen character for me is if it is seemly balance with a unfair A.I or one that easily be WAY too spammable.

Uploads
    Comments

Overpoweredness, insane speed, infinites, crazy AI, eye-bleeding graphics, ear-bleeding sounds and such is kind of a no-brainer for things I hate, but here's something a bit more tame than I'm tired of: way too many moves. Too many of them. I don't like it when a character has 5 million specials and 50 billion supers for literally everything that could possibly happen to them. An example would be Mr.Ansatsuken's shotos: why give them more moves when the characters that they're based off of already had too many to begin with?

Also, not a fan of completely insane joke characters (made by guys like The_None and Brergrsart). They usually make my eyes AND ears bleed.

Uploads
    Comments

An AI that lets the character fight on its own rather than let you control. What’s the point of a character if you can’t choose how it fights?

For a character to be ruined in my P.O.V it would have most or all of the things listed below(unless it's clearly meant to be a joke character):
    Shoddy, inconsistent CLSNs
    No AI or Bad AI(be it static or if it's either a pushover or cheap as Pay-to-win regardless of the difficulty setting)
    Infinite combos or the inability to do combos
    Has gimmicks or mechanics I despise like dizzy meters or OHKO supers

Uploads
    Comments

Pointless +18 edits.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by xWagnerPlaguesx View Post
    Pointless +18 edits.
    I Kinda agree with it, The 18+/h♥♥♥ai edits section is a cringe mugenarchive section that deals with pixel p♥♥♥, h♥♥♥ai edits of female characters/male characters (y♥♥i) and even agressors such as kuromaru, slime_plus, minotaur & etc. It also has the ability to rape your childhood (Take the 18+ Edits of David Demianoff's Sakura Kinomoto & Warner's Mr. Incredible for example), And this section deserved to be ignored by normal mugen players (Like me & you). and the best thing is that this is the internet which means people is free to do whatever you want.

And another interesting thing i found of why any mugen character (That has normal AI and is balanced, And mostly female) (Except the cheapies/supernull type characters) cannot beat agressors, it's because h♥♥♥ai MUGEN battles looks like a h♥♥♥ai manga/anime/game (eroge) story where a stronger girl that is unstoppable and nobody can beat her tries to beat some agressor (Who in h♥♥♥ai media such as manga, anime, games & etc.. he is some tentacle monster, orc, slime, alien creature & etc) just like in the famous movies in theaters where hero beats a villain. Only secret is, That the agressor wins via his abilities, while the girl loses the battle.

Some h♥♥♥ai edits may be edited without permission of original authors, who made all the hard work, but was edited into a h♥♥♥ai character.
    Last edited by Jansen121; 17th May 2019 at 00:54.

Eien no Yume ~Eternal Dreams~ (MUGEN Blog) (Banner link FREE)

Current W.I.P.S:

V.G. Project (Fullgame):
    A MUGEN Fullgame i'm planning on based on "Variable Geo Custom", coming soon 2020.

Support me on Patreon for MUGEN Works.

Uploads
    Comments

And another best thing i found about the 18+ edits section, is that when there was no minotaur, kuromaru, slime_plus, baomaru, science for adults & etc, only **** edits, I Found that chloe (Creator of Athena Asamiya 2K2 for MUGEN) Made a article http://cutemugen.free.fr/index.php?value=article011.

Current W.I.P.S:

V.G. Project (Fullgame):
    A MUGEN Fullgame i'm planning on based on "Variable Geo Custom", coming soon 2020.

Uploads
    Comments

Overpowered Characters, Sh***y Edits, Horrid AI, Ear R****g Sound Clips, Horrid Spriting and Nightmarish Coding can ruin a Mugen Character for me, also bad controls dont exactly please me either, i shouldnt have to jump hoops to pull off a decent combo or a special move.

Uploads
    Comments

No AI
    Incompatibility
    Broken and requires extensive fixing

Uploads
    Comments

Another horrible thing that ruins a MUGEN Character besides Aggresive AI in survival mode, 18+ Edits, Cringe MUGEN Works (Recolors, Spriteswaps & poorly done creations), bad coding & crappy spritework by this time is No Damage Dampener.

Damage Dampener/Scaling/Proration is a important thing that any mugen char needs, It's a common system that can be found in any fighting games that prevents the damage from being overpowered when doing combos. Without this method, Doing a combo results on overpowered damage.

My new MUGEN Creations might recieve this.

Current W.I.P.S:

V.G. Project (Fullgame):

Uploads
    Comments

that could be anything really

Uploads
    Comments

A lot.

1. Poor AI.
    If a character has bad AI then they are no fun to fight.
    2. Bad sounds
    Sometimes people make characters that are too loud or too quiet and or sometimes the audio quality is just really poor.
    3. 3D models
    It's just ugly to me. (no offense to anyone who likes them.)
    4. Bad sprites or not enough sprite frames.
    It's pretty self explanatory. Some people like Chuchoryu can make really nice sprites, but they don't add enough sprite frames so the character ends up looking really stiff.

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of for now.

Uploads
    Comments

Either when a character is too overpowered, or when they're too underpowered.
    - Overpowered characters are cheap. I have a couple of characters that can consistently beat every other character. That's not very fun, is it?
    - Underpowered characters are lame. What's the point in downloading a character if they can't do anything?

Uploads
    Comments

Here's a List

1. Sprites that are unintentionally drawn badly (ie. They didn't do it for comedic purposes)
    2. Characters that don't work or have incomplete movesets
    3. Ai is do broken