UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default What lead you to MUGEN?

What lead you to MUGEN? Recommended by a friend/relative? Found an interesting MUGEN vid?
    Back in 2006, when I was still in kindergarten I used to watch vids of Colonel Sanders vs Ronald McDonald... But I didn't know what it is until 2011 when I started downloading it + a couple of characters like ShinRyoga & NeoAnkh's Super Mario/Luigi...
    Last edited by N-pass nebro; 4th August 2016 at 10:11.

Oliver As Latias is offline User banned for defamation (posted a screenshot of a fake MA account, pretending it was real to instigate hatred) Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What lead you to MUGEN?

It was back when I was, i dunno, 6-7 years old, and saw some awesome characters. I downloaded the game, but realised I didn't even know how to add characters in. Then I deleted MUGEN. Later on, when I was 9-12 years old, I've decided to try again. I've looked for tutorials and everything, and then, it started. I played MUGEN with a bunch of characters.
    Last edited by Oliver As Latias; 4th August 2016 at 11:55.

Uploads
    Comments

I was led to mugen back in 2009. it looked cool, so i tried to download it, didn't work. so i gave up. i was really young back then. but in 2014 i tried again. and i finally am here now because of that, because i needed a lot of characters from this site. but now i use this site for everything.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by OliverTEENAGER13 View Post
    It was back when I was, i dunno, 6-7 years old, and saw some awesome characters. I downloaded the game, but realised I didn't even know how to add characters in. Then I deleted MUGEN. Later on, when I was 9-12 years old, I've decided to try again. I've looked for tutorials and everything, and then, it started. I played MUGEN with a bunch of characters.
    Lol, you had the same story than me :p
    I like to play videosgames and explode them after. What did you except from a creeper ?

Reviving an post be like: https://youtu.be/hihEhsdwiIk

Uploads
    Comments

Hm...
    I saw it from various games and form Youtube. So my interest started on Mugen.

Uploads
    Comments

Youtube mainly, thanks to JudgeSpear's videos of him fighting with Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin.

I used to wonder "Is this an actual game, even? If so... I wanna play it too!" But I couldn't even download it because I wasn't familiarized with downloading stuff, and because I didn't had a computer of my own.

Years later, I got my own PC and suddenly remembered Mugen's existence. The rest is history.

Uploads
    Comments

I think it was quite long time ago, when I saw some people playing WinMUGEN on spare time, and back then I thought it was like a custom Street Fighter stuffs since several notable characters like Ryu and Chun-Li are there, and back then I was interested in watching it but having no idea where to download it or to get it, since I was having no direct access to internet back then.

Several years later when I have proper internet connection, for some reason I started to remember that past experience and decided to download MUGEN for myself, and then the rest is history.

Uploads
    Comments

I remember a few years ago one of my cousins showed me Mugen and I really liked it. Then near the end of last year I finally decided to try out Mugen and I just love it, nice community, awesome chars, stages, screenpacks and more. I play this game with my friends which makes the game alot more fun to play. I'm really glad I found Mugen.

Uploads
    Comments

already post this in the introduction thread, but i think it counts here too.

my first enconter with mugen was back in 2007 with a youtube video called "homer and spongebob vs vegeta and mario" back in that time i didn't even know what mugen was, them i found a mugen copilation with some old chars, that was my first mugen, back in the day i didn't know the difference between hard and cheap, considering super mario 64 was the final boss of that copilation, and it was tough as hell, sadly my computer died, and i have to repair it again, losing that mugen copilation in the process, after that i forget about mugen during some years, but after i started watching swaggakings videos of his mvsc mugen, my interest in mugen was reborn.

Ryu vs Scorpion youtube video started it all for me. After that i was searching for this thing called mugen. Asking all the noob questions like, "What game is this? What system is it on?" Been here ever since.

Uploads
    Comments

My friend showed it to me a while back. Didn't really get into it until recently after watching some Salty Bet.

Uploads
    Comments

A misspent youth in arcades.

Uploads
    Comments

I caught wind of MUGEN back in '09. I found a video of some guy using a bunch of characters to beat up Homer Simpson. I wasn't really into fighting games then, but ever since I started playing i haven't regretted it

Uploads
    Comments

Brother introduced it to me. He knew that I like 2-D Fighting games much more than 3-D. And we always wanted to play an epic Dragon Ball fighting game, which unfortunately there is none on consoles. The official DB games (on consoles and so forth) are all sht

Uploads
    Comments

I saw some of those insane KOF orochi characters on youtube and wanted to see if they were as OP as they looked, they were even more OP then I thought.

Uploads
    Comments

I first found this game a while a go, when I saw a video of Blossom defeating Spongebob. My interest was peaked, so I looked more into it, and then after many, many, MANY tutorials, I finally downloaded it. Currently, I have 144 character slots.

Uploads
    Comments

I learned about MUGEN recently while I was on the internet. Playing MUGEN would be very unique as the game can be downloaded easily and I became very interested as a result. I have also played video games since when I was young.

Uploads
    Comments

Awhile back, probably 2007 or 2008, there was a series of videos of Homer Simpson fighting Peter Griffin. Originally I thought it was a fanmade video, but later on I saw other videos like it and saw that they all had MUGEN in the title. So I just picked a name of a character, like Ronald McDonald, and put MUGEN at the end of it on YouTube. Eventually I got it for myself and almost broke my computer because I didn't know anything about adblock or malicious ads!

Uploads
    Comments

Sometime in the early to mid 2000 when there was barely any DBZ Games for the US. Found mugen, but couldnt play cause i had a mac computer

Uploads
    Comments

What lead me to mugen is that fighting games are my favorite category of video games and i play some mugen games people crated and it gets me thinking of putting characters, stages, and music however way you wanted and thats the most beautiful part of mugen i like about.