UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default How did get into fighting games? And what was your first fighting game?

If I remember correctly, mine was Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
    Wasn't used to fighting games, took time to adapt to the mechanics.
    What atracts me on fighting games is the 1v1 aspect of it, the challenge and struggle to learn.
    That to me, is what makes fighting games one of my favorite genres of gaming.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: How did get into fighting games? And what was your first fighting game?

My first fighting game was also my first ever video game! Super Smash Bros Melee on the GameCube! I got it when I was 6 years old.

My first TRADITIONAL fighting game was Street Fighter 3, which I had emulated on my PC 1 year later.

And my first 3D style fighting game was Soul Blade on the PS1, which was the game that got me REALLY into fighting games. My Dad was the one who introduced me to the genre and taught me how to play.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: How did get into fighting games? And what was your first fighting game?

The first fighting game i ever played was Street Fighter 2 on the SNES when i was around 6 or 7.

The main reason why i got myself into fighting games is because i used to play a lot in arcades when i was 11-15, and i had a lot of fun playing against other people. I won some, i lost some, i can say i was pretty average back there.

Uploads
    Comments

The first fighting game that I was introduced to was Mortal Kombat. But the first fighting game I actually played was Tekken. I realize the irony in this considering I have a Ryu profile pic.

Uploads
    Comments

I first got into fighting games with the original MK games and Primal Rage on the 2nd Midway Arcade treasures game. I dont touch them much anymore but fun with friends.

Uploads
    Comments

I remember that my dad taught me how to play street fighter, so probably that’s what started it

Uploads
    Comments

I think my first ever fighting game experience was with one of the Soul Calibur games in an arcade somewhere. First one I owned was SSBM. Still playing Smash, but I'm mostly a spectator as far as more traditional fighters go these days.

Uploads
    Comments

When I was a kid, my brother and I would play a lot of Super Smash Bros 64, and I always found it fun to do iron-mans with him, we even got to a point where the battery(aka the save data) died, and we would have to unlock the 4 characters every time. Smash 64 is the most special Smash Bros for me, not my favorite smash bros, but definitely the one that has special place for me.

Uploads
    Comments

Moved to video games!

Uploads
    Comments

Actually, I've gotten into fighting games with mugen.
    Yeah, I played Smash before, but it's really with mugen that I saw the potential of fighting games.

Uploads
    Comments

My first fighter would have been Mortal Kombat 2 or 3 at a friend's house. I didn't like it at the time. Some years later Street Fighter Alpha 3's would tour mode on playstation 1. Which had challenges that required the player to do certain moves to win. Got me into learning and playing fighting games more.

Uploads
    Comments

My first fighting game if I remember was Dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 2
    What I liked about the game is how you get to learn new things with each character
    Like combos, their special moves, and mechanics

Uploads
    Comments

The first fighting game I'd ever played was Street Fighter 4. However that was mainly a one time experience at the arcade and didn't play another one for like five years. The first time I ever actively got into a fighting game was with the announcement of Blazblue Cross tag battle as I was a fan of the Persona series. After the announcement I went though the story modes of all the Blazblue games, Undernight + watched Rwby all the way though in order to enjoy CTB as much as possible. Now Blazblue is my favorite fighting game series and actively play CF/CTB to this day.

Uploads
    Comments

Very first fighting was Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting on the Xbox live arcade. I didn't seriously play fighting games until the arcade edition of Street Fighter IV, though.

Uploads
    Comments

When I was a kid, I watched people playing fighting games with the likes of Street Fighter 2, Samurai Shodown 3, King of Fighters 95 and 96 etc at my local neighboring shop houses. There were two people holding gamepad and seems like controlling the people in the television screen which looks fun to me. When I was twelve, I secretly accumulate my pocket money by skipping canteen break (buying food) in my school just to play fighting game, and the first fighting game that I played was Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter on Sega Saturn quite further away from my house area as I wouldn't dare to let my parent knows that I played video games (They always forbid me to play video games )

Uploads
    Comments

My first was Tekken Tag Tournament on PS2.
    "Demon Prince...Kiavala!"

Uploads
    Comments

My first fighting game was Smash Bros. on the N64, but the game that first got me into traditional fighting games was Soul Calibur III.

Uploads
    Comments

It was back then when i had an allready outdated Playstation 1, at first I only had 2 games and both were fighting games. Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi which was a total shitshow of a game and X-Men: Mutant Academy 2 which actually was a decent game. I of course enjoyed both games back then, even tough the Star Wars game was a complete disaster of a game but i didn't know any better back then. After a while i got SFX plus alpha, after that i just sticked with fighting games because i was just used to play those.

Uploads
    Comments

First fighting game I remember playing was Yie-Ar Kung Fu on the Famicom.
    It wasn't until Tekken 6 that I actually learned how to properly play though, learning how to do directional input commands, spacing, abusing frames and proper punishes, juggles, etc. then moved over to M.U.G.E.N and started to crave more fighting games.

Uploads
    Comments

I just like ones with lots of waifus.