UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default How can i make the select icon of a character stay the same when the fight starts ?

The icon of some of my characters change colors when the fight starts. What do i have to do to stop that from happening ?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: How can i make the select icon of a character stay the same when the fight starts

When you talk about "icon", you mean the small portraits, right? Probably, it's related to the portrait palette, because even if you have add a own palete to the icon, it automatically applies the char standard palette in a fight. That's why the colors get changed, despite you can see them correctly in the Select Character Screen or in the Fighter Factory.

To solve this problem, you can apply the standard palette to your small portrait. That normally works, because the icon you chose came from the sprites, the color may change a little, but nothing to worry about. But if the colors of the icon are completely different of the sprite palette, that will be a problem. If this is the case, I'm not sure how you can solve that, but looks like you can import the image to a diferent location, instead of 9000,0.

(I can't put the link here, but there's a discussion in "The Mugen Fighters < >" that may help you. Search in Google mugen small portraits color problem, it should be the first result)

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: How can i make the select icon of a character stay the same when the fight starts

Look for charsffdtow.exe. Drag and drop the character's SFF onto the exe. That usually (not always) fixes the problem.