UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default trying to upload a file, and need help.

hello. i'm trying to upload a pack full of sprites and sound files for a character from an old home made fighting game called Project G. Problem is, I can't tell what i'm supposed to do. i'm on the page where I can write stuff about the character and input the information about the file i'm uploading, and after everything is said and done, it just keeps saying "Uploading File - Please Wait."

well... do I wait, or hit the add file button?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: trying to upload a file, and need help.

Quote Originally Posted by cheddarsword View Post
    it just keeps saying "Uploading File - Please Wait."
    Can you post a screenshot, not sure exactly where you're seeing this.

Uploads
    Comments

can't post a screenshot, I don't have an account with a site that would let me do that. but basically, the text appears just above the area where you select what file you want to upload, and it only appears once you have the file type and everything set.

EDIT: before you mention it, yes, I just tried to upload a screenshot here, and this forum seems to hate my screenshot.

at any rate, I just tried to upload the pack again. this time, the "please wait" didn't pop up until I hit the add file button, which also brought up a popup asking If I wanted to leave the page or not. saying yes makes internet explorer act as if it's trying to load another page for a few seconds, then it stops trying. also, upon saying yes to leaving the page, the little circle that appears with the "please wait" stops rotating.

in short, I can't upload this stuff. maybe i'm doing something wrong? they're just zip files full of ripped character sprites and sound effects from a really old 2DFM game called Project G. I thought it would be the character's name perhaps. (it's **** by the way. see what I mean?) I KNOW it's not the file size. largest pack I have is the combination of Regear and True Regear, and that takes up just over 100 Mb, which is about half the 200 Mb limit.

maybe i'm selecting the wrong settings? I have them set to go into Add Ons: Sprite packs within the Characters sub section. is that the problem? if so, what am I supposed to do?
    Last edited by cheddarsword; 9th July 2016 at 00:28.

Uploads
    Comments

This is weird, sounds like a very serious situation.
    Could you upload a screenshot on imgur and share the links, you don't need an account.
    http://imgur.com/

Anybody else having similar issues lately?

Uploads
    Comments

alright, I uploaded to imgur. the "please wait" part is circled in red.

http://imgur.com/RPWKql0

you know, it may just be me. for the past couple of days, I haven't seen the usual buttons up on the top of the site underneath the site's logo. the one with ryu and roll. thing is, it's only on the site's main page. the buttons are there on the other pages. well, I can just use imgur to show a screencap now, so...

http://imgur.com/E4xzfUG

hmm... if it IS just me... then perhaps I should run avast... odd though. if anything goes wrong, it usualy warns me, and this is kinda specific stuff.

EDIT: well, according to avast, aside from my laptop being cluttered (I am NOT paying for that service, thank you.) it's all clear.

also, in one of those pictures, it seems my real name is listed . hi. i'm Robert. I like orange skies over trees at dusk, cloudy fall days, and hacking my PS3 save files (mostly for soul caliber character hacks). oh, and good youtube poop videos.
    Last edited by cheddarsword; 9th July 2016 at 02:12.

Uploads
    Comments

Oh I see, you mean that. It's normal, it just means the file is being uploaded. How long it takes depends on how large the file is and fast your internet connection. It may take a while if your speed is low and the file is very large.

You got me worried for a moment, I thought we had some real problem.

*edit*
    And the navigation bar won't appear on the portal, it is instead located on the top left column.
    http://imgur.com/9w0zLJg
    Last edited by Dizzy; 9th July 2016 at 02:25. Reason: edit

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Oh I see, you mean that. It's normal, it just means the file is being uploaded. How long it takes depends on how large the file is and fast your internet connection. It may take a while if your speed is low and the file is very large.

You got me worried for a moment, I thought we had some real problem.

*edit*
    And the navigation bar won't appear on the portal, it is instead located on the top left column.
    http://imgur.com/9w0zLJg
    so it's supposed to take a while? crap. really not looking forward to uploading Regear now. ah well. i'll work on it tomorrow then. this time i'll start by uploading Zero. yeah, Zero from Mega Man X. the creator of Project G created his own custom 3D model style sprites for him and they look awesome. see for yourself.

http://imgur.com/oY3dTU5

the rest of the characters have the exact same art style, but they're all original characters created just for that game.

Uploads
    Comments

Actually, it's NOT done to take an while, but you can be sure that if you download something that have lots of sprites, it will take some time, depending of your download speed.
    I like to play videosgames and explode them after. What did you except from a creeper ?

Reviving an post be like: https://youtu.be/hihEhsdwiIk

Uploads
    Comments

If you want you can send them to my e-mail, I'll post it and give credits for you for ripping it.

What do you think?

Uploads
    Comments

Thanks L4J. I'll try sending them, but since they're so big (between 20 and 30 mb each aside from the 100mb regear) it might take a few emails.

btw, ever thought about the name "protojoker"?

Uploads
    Comments

Thanks L4J. I'll try sending them, but since they're so big (between 20 and 30 mb each aside from the 100mb regear) it might take a few emails.

btw, ever thought about the name "protojoker"?
    No cuz I like Left4Dead XD

Another option is host them in an onedrive account ;D

About my nick: Left4Joker is the result of many jokes back on the brazilian forum Pćo de Mugen.
    I always used Left4Dead as nick, but one day a guy made an edit of Hamtaro, and I told him to make a zombie hamtaro, in exchange I would change my nick to Left4Hamsters and use the edit as avatar. It happened. And with this started a long story where I always changed the Left4_____ for something related to my avatar.
    One day I used a Joker one, and I liked it, so it stayed.
    Last edited by Left4Joker; 10th July 2016 at 16:13.

Uploads
    Comments

yeah i'll try one drive, but only after I try uploading again using google chrome as my browser. kinda like how it works. i'll go try uploading zero with it and report back. if that fails, one drive it is.

(pssst. need help. listening to midnight carnival remixes, and I think it's boring a hole through my brain! but I can't stop 'cuz they're so GOOD!)

also, joker is one of, if not the greatest villain of all time IMHO. (proof: watch the joker vs. sweet tooth death battle.)

Uploads
    Comments

it worked! it took a while, but it worked!

here's Zero's sprite pack!

http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downl...=file&id=30764

i'll be going somewhere soon but i'll see if i can squeeze in another character before i do.

Uploads
    Comments

so it's supposed to take a while?
    It's not intended, but I can understand your confusion. I'll see if we can implement a progress bar someday. Any file sharing site should have this feature, and we shall have it too.

Uploads
    Comments

i don't mean to necropost, but i haven't logged in for a while and seen this. thought i'd update a bit. changing browsers can indeed help. personally, i prefer firefox.

oh, and all the characters from Project G got uploaded by the way. well, their sprites and sound files anyway. not a coder, and i don't really mess with mugen much right now, though i have thought of putting together a few small rosters.

hope this helps people new to uploading to the site.