UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Character development tips?

I don't exactly know what I'm doing, all that I know how to do is add in sprites and make animations, can someone help? also if you can tell me how long it usually takes to make a character thx

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Character development tips?

First of all: why are you doing it? Is it what you want to do?
    Second of all: If you really want to make a char, what char would it be?
    I think you better ask yourself these questions, because here people can tell you "do this, no, do that, etc." according to their own view... and then you become a puppet, not a creator. Don't mean to be brutal here, but this is the actual truth: create what you like, or create what they like.
    As regards technique itself, I think the best thing is to develop some knowledge with an already existing, stable (yet lame, for some..) and balanced char: Kung Fu Man. It has a built-in guide so you can learn how the code (CNS, CMD, AIR, DEF) works.
    For a total start, though, I'd reccomend to check tutorial1.html contained into "docs" folder of the default MUGEN release, that's where you should start from, imho... or even before that the file mugen.html from the same "docs" folder is the real starting point. After that, if you go ahead you can check google for additional tutorals, check mugen forums (development boards) or even find old tutorials still online.
    About the time you spend... well, you shouldn't worry about the time you spend, if you like the process of making chars, you should enjoy it all without asking yourself when it ends. Of course, though, if your char is overworked or has stressed you out too much you can release it or put the creation in stand-by, focus on something else, then get back to it when you have the right inspiration.
    But if you just do it so you can download more chars... lol then I can't help you but suggesting you to post more in the forums, yeah, even if there's no reason.
    Last edited by mulambo; 11th December 2018 at 22:30.

Uploads
    Comments

thanks for the advice

that's easy, in 10 years that you investigate in mugen 8 hours a day in the morning, studying the tutorials of elecbyte you can create a character from basic kfm, taking the package of sprites, that we have stayed here, GOOD LUCK
    What happen, my girl? you like sweets Between my legs!!!
    I have something for you!https://sites.google.com/view/shadaloomugen18