UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Do you think the forum needs to change?

less restrictions...

Uploads
    Comments

Yes, for the better... Please try and find my HUGE essay post about what happened yesterday...

Uploads
    Comments

I do not think I need changes, it's very good.

Uploads
    Comments

Is good as it is, i just feel we need some warning for the community event for those users that dont speak english.

Uploads
    Comments

i like the forums the way they are now it works for this site
    Last edited by jlr24lp; May 22, 2017 at 19:03. Reason: off topic

WELCOME TO MY VENOMVERSE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Are Venom!

-Thiiiiis, changes nothing
    " "Perhaaappsss we won't consume you" "Thiiiis doesn't mean we are frieeeennnndddsss"

-Hmmph, we're calling you out
    " "We're sooo scaaaarrreeeddd, we're shaking in our symbiote"

Uploads
    Comments

I for one, think the forum needs to help me downlaod characters, I downlaoded this game hoping for a somewhat simple experience, but now i'm loosing it over not being able to download Ronald McDonald, all files I get are just pure DEF files, No folder, no sound files, just a DEF and when I open it in notepad it has nothing but gibberish within it, so I put it in the char folder and I put the file name in the data, select DEF file in notepad and surprise surprise NOTHING HAPPENS. seriously, Ronald is an RAR file for me is that weird. I just wish that if you have neough experience as a moderator that you would be willing to hep me solve this as to help me enjoy my experience with this otherwise amazing game, I mean...
    If you want to that its...

PLZ HELP MEH
    1 HILP equlz 1 heppy

- - - Updated - - -

man can you help me with somethin? I mean I think that if you are an uploader you could help me with a little issue I have? Iz cool if you dont its just I cant find anything on the internet that is helping me

Uploads
    Comments

may be just simply add some colour of choices (for the forum page) when everytime you log in..... How's that sound?

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by *****land View Post
    may be just simply add some colour of choices (for the forum page) when everytime you log in..... How's that sound?
    Definetly! For Incase you Have a Hard time Finding Something, Colour or Possibly a Key will be there to Help!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Smoke View Post
    less restrictions...
    I Know, Makes Less sense when They Can't specify the Reason Why. Downloading is The Reason we all Got here.

Uploads
    Comments

The greatest thing you could ever really do is abolish community event weekends. Do that, and you'll have new applicants to the site up the wazoo.

More members, but not active members.
    People will just see this place as a download center, not as a community that way.

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

^
    |
    |
    |
    yup. I think that's because of the post count thing. They come here, post a useless topic, sometimes they reply "HI" to topics just to increase the post count, then they go away when they're done.

When they had enough playing, they start thinking "Hey let's make a char" and then they don't actually google search for tutorials or even read the MUGEN docs. They start a new topic about it, dreaming someone will teach them the basics by telepathy, lol.

Sorry for being too critical, but I think *a little more order* is needed. Just a little bit.

Uploads
    Comments

what needs to change is for new users to be able to reply on everything instead of restricting them based on how active
    they are.for example a friend uploaded a char and i commented then they asked lets hang out then.....i tried replying to
    them on this sight but i wasn't able to based on my level. WTF!!! really! Dissy says everyone should be active
    but how do you expect every one to be active when there communication preveilage is cut in half!

thats why i hardly come here,i cant reply or have and have free open conversations on releases and with my freinds

Uploads
    Comments

Unpopular opinion coming through:

Remove the whole "forum" vibe...

The problem with forums is the giant amount of categories it has. I would prefer less categories, so that people can read everything in a couple of spots only.
    My dream forum would be:
    -Releases and News
    -General MUGEN disccusions (subcategories: We need you, reviews and ratings, international)
    -MUGEN Development and configuration help
    -Misc Non-MUGEN discussions (no subcategories)

Other things could have threads stickied in their rightful places, and that's it. With the people focusing on only 3 boards, we are surely gonna get some traffic everywhere!

Uploads
    Comments

I think most things are doing very good right now. I see nothing that needs changed.

Uploads
    Comments

This forum is great.

Uploads
    Comments

I think adding more detailed tagging system would be nice. So it is easier to find certain kind of content faster.

Uploads
    Comments

I dunno I mean I'm used to this forum being like this, sure it may look abit outdated but if it ain't broke don't fix it i guess

Uploads
    Comments

I guess this is more of a nitpick on the site overall rather than just the forums, but I feel there's way too much clutter at the top. Any way to possibly remove some of it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	three nav bars.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	2650
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two profile bars.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	2651

Uploads
    Comments

I don't find it very fair to force people to participate in the community just to get privileges that everyone should already have. I understand that a lot of people want a bigger community. But not everyone wants to be a part of something. This is honestly the best palce for pretty much anything mugen related. If I wasn't as open-minded as I am, I wouldn't come here again, and just look somewhere else.

Don't force people into doing things, just coerce them into joining. It's fair, and would probably work a lot better

I think you got it wrong, you come to someones place and are now demanding privileges.

When you invite someone to your house for the first time, would you let them walk all over the place?
    Most probably not, that person should either have earned your trust and respect or has some kind of rights to do so in the first place.

The best thing you can do is follow a few simple rules or have less privileges, it's that simple.

If you think otherwise, you can tell

Quote Originally Posted by AnonR34 View Post
    I guess this is more of a nitpick on the site overall rather than just the forums, but I feel there's way too much clutter at the top. Any way to possibly remove some of it?
    I agree with the layout being too crowded