UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Trouble Using the Network Features(Uploading, mostly)

I'm a considerably recent user. Came back to Mugen Archive yesterday and just stumbled upon this weekly stuff. While trying to be more active, I thought about uploading a Mugen character I have here that isn't anywhere else on the site, and I even got a message suggesting me to do that(to get to New Challenger), but as soon as I try to, I get the non-authorized message. The same I get when I try to download while as a Lurker, which is understandable, but... Why can't I upload if what I need to do is upload to be more active? Should I only stick to threads and replies?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Trouble Using the Network Features(Uploading, mostly)

Uploads are blocked for Lurkers during the event, so if you want to rank up within that time, you will need to post in the various forums. Or wait until the event ends, so you can upload.

[Banner by kater15]

Welcome, Shade! Yeah, I started just like you, just being curious about the forum, and having been restricted from a the fun stuff wasn't. I became an 'elite member', but that was only by name. I began posting in the forums, and I started scourering through the web for characters that might not be in MUGEN, or if anything: I had a character relevant to forum content. I eventually started making friend (@Juu-bei7 and a few others). Most important: I -wanted- to be a part of the community, not just hit-and-run for downloads. I definitely feel where you're coming from

Uploads
    Comments

I honestly had quite an interest in Mugen a while ago... But I just wanted to make some boss testing and I need a character that only can be downloaded here. I understand the reasons behind this choice, but I think it's an horrible idea to manage a community. Either way, how long is the week running so far? I think you people can answer this, right?
    And what do you mean by "I feel where you're coming from"? You mean... "For" or... What?

Uploads
    Comments

I can't answer your question unfortunately, since Tuesday the site has been in the process of moving to new servers and we don't know when it will finish. The community event will end by that time. That's all I can really say.

[Banner by kater15]

Uploads
    Comments

Thanks for your time, anyways. I'll look forward to any contribution to the Mugen community in the future, but I surely can't do much right now.