UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Mr.Giang is offline User banned for repeated bashing despite multiple warnings Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

News Community Weekend: Releases and News Suggestion

We all know about the infamous Community Weekend and know how the lurkers always try to find a way to get out of their rank fast. By posting a lot in Releases and News recently, I noticed that a lot of my threads (and other threads as well) got digged up and spammed with a lot of unhelpful and unproductive comments (such as "Good char", "Cool", "Nice",...) with zero effort put in those, which are very annoying to OPs. So here is my suggestion: disable post counts in Releases and News during Community Weekend to discourage the spam in this sub-forum because if they truly care about the releases, they are still going to comment on the threads anyway and doing so will definitely reduce the unnecessary spams.
    Any thoughts on this?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Community Weekend: Releases and News Suggestion

Well if we do that what's stopping them from going to the other sections? Very soon it becomes disable post counts in general mugen discussion, then configuration, then development, then before you know it every section is disabled and now every lurker doesn't have a way to rank up other than the pretty hidden aspects of the archive.

I don't think there's a way to stop it. Disabling during weekend is a meh idea to me.

𝒮𝒾𝑔𝓃𝒶𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝓎 𝒶 𝓌𝑜𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹~

Mr.Giang is offline User banned for repeated bashing despite multiple warnings Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Um cool View Post
    Well if we do that what's stopping them from going to the other sections? Very soon it becomes disable post counts in general mugen discussion, then configuration, then development, then before you know it every section is disabled and now every lurker doesn't have a way to rank up other than the pretty hidden aspects of the archive.

I don't think there's a way to stop it. Disabling during weekend is a meh idea to me.
    Generally, posts in other sub-forums (Discussion, Config,...) are usually required way more efforts than commenting rubbishs I listed above so it's easier to report spams when a post isn't quality enough (unlike in RaN, where you can't find which one are genuine comments). Also, while this won't put the end to the whole thing, it can at least prevent them from exploiting Releases and News.

Uploads
    Comments

Thats a good idea. But what if someone has to report a serious issue with a character? Malware for example.

Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

They are free to do so using the report post option and they can also comment on the thread without caring for the post count (as the thread will be deleted if that's true and the post will be gone with it anyway).

Uploads
    Comments

There really is no way to stop these types of comments, whether in any section of the forum or on any site, but if there is a user's insistence on making spam and making nonsense, he will simply receive red spheres and it will be harder for that user to get promotion.
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif

Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.