UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Question whats the diffeence between mugen 1.0 and 1.1

i use mugen 1.1 but i see a lot of ppl use mugen 1.0 so what are the differnces between them is it just a preference thing like how some ppl still use windows 7 or 8, or is there a bigger differnce that i dont know about? i didnt know where to post this is this the correct spot to ask this?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: whats the diffeence between mugen 1.0 and 1.1

You need to check the official docs of the 1.1 release to undestand the differences.
    In simple terms, new code options are added for scripting of character and stages, this changes make 1.1 content incompatble with olders releases.
    Anyway people also notes 1.1 is unestable and incomplatible with older content.

Mr.Giang is offline User banned for repeated bashing despite multiple warnings Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Don't use 1.0. 1.1 is better than 1.0 in every possible ways. If there are characters who can only be used in 1.0, they aren't worth to be use at all for most of time.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Giang View Post
    Don't use 1.0. 1.1 is better than 1.0 in every possible ways. If there are characters who can only be used in 1.0, they aren't worth to be use at all for most of time.
    I don't know about that. Most of the Mugen community makes things for 1.0, so while it may be OBJECTIVELY better, i think you'll get more bang for your buck with 1.0

Mr.Giang is offline User banned for repeated bashing despite multiple warnings Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Znewt View Post
    I don't know about that. Most of the Mugen community makes things for 1.0, so while it may be OBJECTIVELY better, i think you'll get more bang for your buck with 1.0
    99% of stuffs that can run on MUGEN 1.0 can run on 1.1. The 1% are cheapies that ain't even worth to download anyway.

Uploads
    Comments

i guess it depends on screenpacks for what im talking about.

i have a lot of issues with stuff like stages and lifebars because a lot of the screenpacks made for 1.1 are 1280

Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Ah right, I forgot about the screenpack. Many good screenpacks are actually 1.0 only. That being said, I found out that the best ones are usually for MUGEN 1.1. Guess it's depended on our own tastes in this case then :P.

I think it's mostly all up to personal preference, including what you're willing to sacrifice for certain new features. In my case, I stuck with 1.0 because it's what I've had since I last stopped playing, and it works. I also had lots of crashing and stability issues on 1.1, and I don't run a taro root for a PC, so I decided I was too lazy to deal with that and just went with 1.0.

Uploads
    Comments

It depends on your tastes, I'm a fan of 1.0 more, but i use 1.1 sometimes because there's this one char that is exclusive on that version.

Zoom is overrated tho.

Uploads
    Comments

You can run 1.0 screenpacks on 1.1. I can't think of a reason why a 1.0 screenpack wouldn't work, but I'm sure someone found a way.

http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/history.html

Differences:
    * New OpenGL renderer. Dramatic performance improvement.
    * New SFF version that supports 32-bit.
    * Some minor code changes that don't matter (see: link).
    * Zoom code for stages. I've never used zoom. EVERYONE GET EXCITED UNTIL THEY REALIZE HOW USELESS THIS IS
    * New command console and some LUA system that no one uses.
    - Logging doesn't work because it was going to be ported to LUA but wasn't finished.
    - Some stability issues compared to 1.0. A bit overblown since 1.0 wasn't exactly the pinnacle of stability.
    Last edited by NotAGoodName; Oct 09, 2018 at 19:16. Reason: forgot something