UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: No download weekend: Where it passed and where it failed

I've been spending the last hour trying to come up with criticism. Nothing. The fact that the events last two days means that they stopped getting annoying very quickly. Like, the second time it happened.

Maybe a suggestion: I know you can't set a number limit on contribution, for very logical reasons. But what about using the light-things under our ranks to indicate that we're very close to a promotion? Maybe change the color, or have lurkers have 0 of them and add the first one when they're close to reaching New Challenger? Because for me the only bad part of this was the huge suspense. Just a suggestion, anyway, there's probably a lot of issues with that idea.

Also, this is entirely unrelated to this thread, but maybe we could have a notification or something when we change ranks? It was weird when I suddenly saw the New Challenger rank out of the blue.

Uploads
    Comments

Ico Heart 373

Well I really love community events, because it encourages users to improve their activity.

Some things I don't like about the event is that there is little patience with the users who express their anger... I mean that they should receive some warning or something similar...
    The first time I was at the event, I also felt a little angry and desperate... But if maybe I had interrupted the event somehow... I wouldn't be here

It was very nice to see users determined to rank up. I met several people and I hope to continue seeing them active.

Definitely thanks to this event I am here today.

Proceeding without knowing what's 『real』

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Feature requests

I have an idea, instead of No Download Weekends, why don't you guys give higher classes more bonuses such as new avatars and exclusive requests, or exclusive mugen characters/stages so that lurkers have less of an reason to complain. As a lurker myself, I can say that the reason some of us don't like talking online is because we either don't know anyone, are shy, or we just have anything to say and don't want to seem fake.

I mean no harm what-so-ever so if you have a problem with this post please just let me know. besides, this might help you in you toxicity problem so this could be worth considering. I don't mean to just take from the website like you think lurkers do, I just don't have much to say and don't want to talk just for for sake of ranking up.

Uploads
    Comments

Ico Floppy 373

@Arcsys player
    Well, right now you just participated and you already have another post done...
    It is not very difficult to participate in the forums, so it is the minimum requirement to rise in rank...
    Just go comment on some posts and without realizing it you will have the rank of New Challenger...
    There are many threads with different themes... and if one is missing, you can add a thread. So there is no excuse not to participate.

If nobody comments on the forum, the activity would be very empty...
    The MUGEN ARCHIVE is more than a download site, it is a community.

I also found it difficult to participate the first days... But as I was commenting, I lost the fear of participating!
    Just try it! :)

Proceeding without knowing what's 『real』

Uploads
    Comments

@Finola
    I understand you viewpoint and respect it. While I don't agree with community events, I won't complain as I can understand both sides. While I don't like being excluded for not talking, I do think a lot of lurkers need to chill out or at least control themselves online. I'll try communicating with others on the forum here and there when I do have the free time to do so. Thank you for respecting my opinion as well and I hope you have an amazing day! :)

Uploads
    Comments

I agree with @Arcsys player's sentiments. While the no download weekends don't effect me anymore I don't think it's okay to force introverts and non-talkative people to socialize when they don't feel like it. I very rarely feel like commenting online and don't have much to say. I just got lucky to find a character I had that wasn't uploaded here so uploading it sped up my promotion.

In the end it's no big deal, I just gave my two cents.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by infernalthing View Post
    I don't think it's okay to force introverts and non-talkative people to socialize when they don't feel like it.
    We don't "force" anybody at gunpoint. Those who don't participate just temporarily lose their permission to download and that would only be a problem is we owed them something, which isn't the case.

This is the common flaw of all the "criticism" towards our community events. People who have never contributed anything here should not believe they're entitled to anything.

Considering all the benefits of the community events, we will not stop because of some selfish individuals who fooled themselves into believing they're entitled to something. Besides our servers kind of struggle during weekends so we will never miss an opportunity to ban some bad users (those rude lurkers who regularly complain) and free some server resources for our better members.

Uploads
    Comments

@Dizzy I'm sorry if Infernalthing and I sounded rude or entitled, but please understand that we just wanted to give our opinions on the whole no download weekend thing. We didn't mean to sound rude at all. I understand that you want people to talk to each other and help out and that's fine. We just feel like we're being punished for not wanting to communicate. I personally just wanted to give constructive criticism on community weekends, not negative criticism.

Uploads
    Comments

well for cases like social anxiety this could actually help cure it slowly over time

discord Vogel#7401.

Uploads
    Comments

The event is fair to me. Just 5 posts? Not asking for much, except I am very happy to see you have addressed foreign language demographics thank you very much

You have a foreign-language demographic, confused that downloads just stopped. I think we could have a wider array of languages for the foreign-language boards. Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Italian, and French are all pretty common around these boards and the mugen community as a whole. We should have some spot for each of these languages, since people are waaaay more comfortable if they can speak with others that converse in dialects they're familiar with.
    Very nice otherwise fair enough, just five posts. I liked those question topics, it really helps one get to know others and have a chance to post.

I understood completely as soon as you said bandwidth is not free. Then I saw just make 5 decent posts. Worth it, no regrets, 5 posts to access a vital collection made by vibrant community? No problem

Uploads
    Comments

I could have sworn that I had a lot more than five posts already, but they keep vanishing from my list.

.... also, I can no longer check my own profile, so I can't actually see how many posts I have.

Edit: Oh, hm, even with the "disappearing" posts, I already had 5 posts (it says this is my sixth), but I still couldn't download this past weekend.

Ah well.