UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 388 of 814 FirstFirst ... 288338378383384385386387388389390391392393398438488 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 16267
  1. #7741
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Posts
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    0

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    I believe that it is not necessary to do this, people go to this site only to look for things that they like or need for their game, but you forbid the downloads only because they never published something or posted ???? hear administrators I think this is a huge lack of respect. I'm not even there with that kind of people, that's why I'm leaving here. I can not stand this crap of people.

  2. #7742
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Posts
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    728

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Yo he estado participativo, cada cosa que descargo le doy like y todo :C

  3. #7743
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Posts
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    25

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by BunniFan600 View Post
    I believe that it is not necessary to do this, people go to this site only to look for things that they like or need for their game, but you forbid the downloads only because they never published something or posted ???? hear administrators I think this is a huge lack of respect. I'm not even there with that kind of people, that's why I'm leaving here. I can not stand this crap of people.
    well thats probably because youre lazy to talk to people and getting the new challenger role is apparently too hard for you

  4. #7744
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Posts
    968
    Uploads
    169
    Comments
    1989

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by Anikileitor View Post
    Yo he estado participativo, cada cosa que descargo le doy like y todo :C
    No tienes comentarios ni post, a eso se refiere con lo de estar participativo

  5. #7745
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Posts
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    2

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Yes lol

  6. #7746
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Posts
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    0

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Ok, I understand why you might want more participation from your users, but is locking out people who have nothing to say really the best way to go about it? I could even understand if you were expecting people to pay perhaps, but you seem to be asking for participation on the forums. I feel like this might simply result in useless noise, rather than actual engagement, which ultimately does nothing but add to the server load. This site is literally an archive where people go to upload and download MUGEN content. That's its purpose. Is it fair to demand more from your users than support? Should it not be available to people who have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than the obligatory "thanks" or "I like this"? This is my first comment, not because I want to be a lurker, but because I legitimately have had no real reason to post anything thus far. Of course, I'm also new here, but that brings up another valid point. Denying downloading for any length of time is a giant impediment to getting and keeping new users. Anybody who comes here having just discovered this site will probably never come here again because they literally can't do anything. There's a good chance that it may even turn them off to the whole MUGEN scene, which means you're not only being disruptive to your own users, you're actively damaging the legacy of MUGEN itself. You're punishing people for shit posting or being disruptive, but do you really expect to be able to force positive engagement out of people who honestly have nothing to say? I don't know. Maybe I'm missing the point here. Maybe you're looking for something else, but you aren't giving us any information about your requirements other than "they are reasonable", so you can hardly blame me for getting it wrong.

  7. #7747
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Posts
    968
    Uploads
    169
    Comments
    1989

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by dhgag View Post
    Ok, I understand why you might want more participation from your users, but is locking out people who have nothing to say really the best way to go about it? I could even understand if you were expecting people to pay perhaps, but you seem to be asking for participation on the forums. I feel like this might simply result in useless noise, rather than actual engagement, which ultimately does nothing but add to the server load. This site is literally an archive where people go to upload and download MUGEN content. That's its purpose. Is it fair to demand more from your users than support? Should it not be available to people who have nothing to contribute to the conversation other than the obligatory "thanks" or "I like this"? This is my first comment, not because I want to be a lurker, but because I legitimately have had no real reason to post anything thus far. Of course, I'm also new here, but that brings up another valid point. Denying downloading for any length of time is a giant impediment to getting and keeping new users. Anybody who comes here having just discovered this site will probably never come here again because they literally can't do anything. There's a good chance that it may even turn them off to the whole MUGEN scene, which means you're not only being disruptive to your own users, you're actively damaging the legacy of MUGEN itself. You're punishing people for shit posting or being disruptive, but do you really expect to be able to force positive engagement out of people who honestly have nothing to say? I don't know. Maybe I'm missing the point here. Maybe you're looking for something else, but you aren't giving us any information about your requirements other than "they are reasonable", so you can hardly blame me for getting it wrong.
    https://mugenarchive.com/forums/show...here-it-failed

  8. #7748
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Posts
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    728

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Bueh..., esperar a ver si me vuelven a activar la cuenta, hace unos dias tenia planeado subir algo, pero no hubo tiempo :'v, osino creo que no me la hubieran inhabilitado ajasjsj, asi nunca podre llenar mi mugen de 5 mil espacios :S
    Last edited by Anikileitor; 13th July 2018 at 22:05.

  9. #7749
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Posts
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    2

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    I picked an awesome day to join lol

    Ah well. Database is still usefull. Hey if you guys have a bunch of my old stuff on here, can I get promoted somehow? lol

  10. #7750
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Posts
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    25

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by glassbox View Post
    I picked an awesome day to join lol

    Ah well. Database is still usefull. Hey if you guys have a bunch of my old stuff on here, can I get promoted somehow? lol
    I dont think you should say anything about other mugen sites

  11. #7751
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Posts
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    2

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Aww man.

    I just re-joined as I haven't played Mugen since my school days, and forgot my login info.

    Now I can't even do what I wanted to do over the weekend ; w;

    All I gotta do is post, right? I really want to get back into this now that I have the time.

  12. #7752
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Posts
    8
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    2

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Getting nae nae'd because I just joined and oof

  13. #7753
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Posts
    968
    Uploads
    169
    Comments
    1989

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by ROM184 View Post
    Aww man.

    I just re-joined as I haven't played Mugen since my school days, and forgot my login info.

    Now I can't even do what I wanted to do over the weekend ; w;

    All I gotta do is post, right? I really want to get back into this now that I have the time.
    That's it, without spam or monosilabic posts.

  14. #7754
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Posts
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    0

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Ok, but this only highlights the problem. I and any other new user will not see this until engaging with the forum, being replied to, noticing the reply, and reading that thread you linked to. I just skipped the problem entirely by donating because I feel like meeting vague engagement demands is a waste of time, but not everyone has the means to do that, nor the level of interest in problem-solving that was required for me to even get here in the first place. Even that thread admits that there are better ways to promote engagement, but here we are. Communities don't improve via positive punishment. They respond to positive reinforcement much better. If the Mods want more engagement, they should foster it by taking the initiative instead of beating everyone over the head with a blanket ban on site functionality.

  15. #7755
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Posts
    13
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    1

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    You have all the reason, i guess

  16. #7756
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Posts
    5
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    25

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    That's it, without spam or monosilabic posts.
    sorry if this is a dumb question but what does monosilabic mean?

  17. #7757
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Posts
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    728

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Estoy de acuerdo x2 :V

  18. #7758
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Posts
    13
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    1

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    Not all the time, just until you rank up from lurker.
    And everybody has a life.
    I dont think so... I know people that doesn't have one, the corpses... BA DUM... TSSS*

  19. #7759
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Posts
    968
    Uploads
    169
    Comments
    1989

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
    sorry if this is a dumb question but what does monosilabic mean?
    Things like "Ok", "Alright", ""
    Some users started to spam or write things like this after being told they had to post, so better warn before.

  20. #7760
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Posts
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    2

    Default Re: Community weekend begins !

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
    I dont think you should say anything about other mugen sites
    Eh? I don't think I did? What a weird place this is...

Similar Threads

  1. No download weekend: Where it passed and where it failed
    By JJJaxx in forum Website Feedback and Support
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 14th December 2019, 18:08
  2. No leech weekends?
    By Dizzy in forum General MUGEN discussions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 26th May 2018, 12:12

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •